Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The Town of Cheektowaga has a survey asking if you would like garbage totes or not.

Nice point go bills Wny just has to get with the program

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by jbird View Post
    Well you seem to forget max is part of a union and has rights it seems you want to cost the town a lawsuit. Maybe you should get with the program and join a union and you might understand
    I don't believe in monopolies. Don't confuse a Union with a Monopoly of a service. I do understand.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Go bills 27 View Post
    I have a job. If there is time for the guy who works for us to place over 2400 outgoing phone calls over a 14 month period while on our dime there isn't enough work and we are over staffed. Our community is not a "jobs program" for the political democratic committee members.

So the foreman makes 2400 phone calls. What do you expect him be out their lifting. He makes 2400 so guess that means sanitation overstaffed ???

TOWN OF CHEEKTOWAGA
    POLICY RELATING TO
    MISUSE OF TOWN RESOURCES
    Town officers and employees shall not use Town letterhead, personnel, equipment, vehicles,
    supplies or any other Town resources for a non-governmental purpose, nor engage in personal or
    private activities during times when he or she is required to work for the Town of Cheektowaga.

I'm not going to pay someone to sit on their ass and run the "cheektowaga democratic party" on my dime or anyone else's. If the people who ran for our town board wants to send out literature stating they are running our town in our best interest they should.

I'm pro labor more than you think. I'm not pro bull****.

You don't understand the service the town offers is more than a private company offers so how do you understand you should stop while your ahead like I said you should stop listening to other people

So it sounds like you have a personal problem with max not the actual department

Well if you have a problem with max maybe you should sit down with him face to face not bashing the department.

Well if you have a problem with max maybe you should sit down with him face to face not bashing the department.

HAHA, just like at the town board meeeting where Jerry said if you have a problem with 3 suspicious phone calls come talk to him? Please, Max would have nothing to say to a common citizen.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Go bills 27 View Post
    So it sounds like you have a personal problem with max not the actual department
    I would say more with the cost of the service to the town. Specially when it seems the surrounding areas are about 20 to 30% less for sanitation services.

Wny it goes back to the same point the town offers more service than other towns,so you can't compare other towns

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Plus Cheektowaga is much bigger than Lancaster so what you pay is pointless
    Economics of scale. There are more garbage pickups? Yes or no?

So with your logic a city with 1,000,000 people should each be paying more for their garbage pickup than a town of 100,000?

1.8 million for Totes!!! Isn't there anything better to do with 1.8 million. How big is this rat problem? I don't see any evidence in my neighborhood. Maybe if they enforced some Town codes in the areas with the problem it would go away. Just sayin'
    If it weren't for the United States Military, there would be NO United States of America !

They should more weight more stops it don't take a brain surgeon to figure that out

So with your logic a city with 1,000,000 people should each be paying more for their garbage pickup than a town of 100,00

I would like to see where you get these figures. Show me please.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    They should more weight more stops it don't take a brain surgeon to figure that out

I am talking cost per stop. Economics of scale. The total budget could be higher because there is more garbage to pickup but the cost per household shouldn't be higher.

Wny it goes back to the same point the town offers more service than other towns,so you can't compare other towns

If all you want is bacon and eggs you don't care if the restaurant you go to offers 100 other menu items "Services" as you put it.

As an example...

Let us say you go to restaurant A for 20 years. Restaurant B opens up down the road. The owners of restaurant B run their business far more efficiently than the owners of restaurant A. For 20 years you ordered bacon, eggs, home fries, toast and water for $8.95 at restaurant B.

One day you decide to try out restaurant B. You order the same order and they charge you $5.95. Eggs taste good, water is cold and the home fries are not as greasy as the other place. A month goes by and would you believe the owner from Restaurant A stops over the office. He goes what are you doing? He goes you can't go to Restaurant B. I said what? I said why not? He said you just can't. I said yes I can. He said no you can't. I said I can....and did.

First thing out of his mouth was "you pay more because we have more of a selection of menu items". I said what do I care if all I eat are bacon, eggs, home fries, toast and water? He never gave me an answer.

I gave him some advice. Learn to run your restaurant more efficiently.

All good but just because you don't use all the services many people do

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information