Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Town of Cheektowaga has a survey asking if you would like garbage totes or not.

I thought Max provided all the services.
    A Statement Released by the Town of Cheektowaga

NO RECYCLING PICK UP TODAY, MARCH 23, 2012 IN THE TOWN OF CHEEKTOWAGA

CHEEKTOWAGA, NY (Friday, March 23, 2012 1:37 PM) - We were notified this morning that Allied Waste is experiencing a work stoppage and will be unable to pick up recyclables today. They hope to be able to pick up Friday’s and Monday’s routes on Monday. Allied apologizes for the inconvenience to our residents.

Georgia L Schlager

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Allied Waste is experiencing a work stoppage
    You know that company picks up trash also. I wonder if their trucks can be equipped with arms for the totes...

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    I thought Max provided all the services.
    that's what happens when you privatize. Imagine if Allied was the trash contractor. Would Ted and Angela drive around in the glass delivery truck and pick up the trash?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    This is what we get in Lancaster for $157.15.
    http://lancasterny.gov/pdfs/Lancaster_Recycling.pdf

Do you think that's restrictive?
    Look rather fine to me.

Your company won't take railroad ties though. How many times have you had to throw away a railroad tie?

I was looking at the acceptable items.. I noticed I didn't see "Political Hacks"

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    that's what happens when you privatize. Imagine if Allied was the trash contractor. Would Ted and Angela drive around in the glass delivery truck and pick up the trash?
    Depends if they were busy running the "Cheektowaga democratic social club" that day or not. You know how that goes...

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by jbird View Post
    Wny my son works part time for the garbage during the summer. Why don't you try working a day in there shoes see for yourself what they pick up and what they go threw you seem like you have a lot of time on your hands.
    How can there be part time work for the garbage department? Specially when (From what I'm told) it is basically 3 to 4 hours tops a day?

I'm not knocking the service. I'm knocking the cost that the service that is being provided for including the insubordination by some select employees.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    How can there be part time work for the garbage department? Specially when (From what I'm told) it is basically 3 to 4 hours tops a day?
    Why don't you apply for a job and find out for yourself. April 15 grass,
    Branches etc will be picked up and find out how it is for yourself when they are out their in all types of weather. Have fun and tell us how it is first hand knowledge over hear say.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Go bills 27 View Post

Why don't you apply for a job and find out for yourself. April 15 grass,
    Branches etc will be picked up and find out how it is for yourself when they are out their in all types of weather. Have fun and tell us how it is first hand knowledge over hear say.

I have a job. If there is time for the guy who works for us to place over 2400 outgoing phone calls over a 14 month period while on our dime there isn't enough work and we are over staffed. Our community is not a "jobs program" for the political democratic committee members.
    Answer me this:

Are you defending all the time Frank Max Spent/spends on the phone doing non work related issues?

He was written up for that stop beating a dead horse already you sound like a broken record.

And from what I hear from other people your a moron so there's to listening to other people until someone tryies the job they don't have a clue what there talking about

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by jbird View Post
    And from what I hear from other people your a moron so there's to listening to other people until someone tryies the job they don't have a clue what there talking about

Your funny.

When someone is losing a debate what does the person do who is losing?

They threaten you then they call you names...

Next he'll mock my horable gramer next

jbird
    Once agian Wny the town cant privitize garbage at there own whim they would have to negotiate that with the union first. So why would they waste there time
    If the group of people who ran our town board gave a monopoly of services to a small group of people I say they are incompetent. They didn't act in the best interest of our community.

Do you negotiate with Tops when you decide to start shopping at Wegmans? I understand Tops might offer more products/services than Wegman's offers but for the most part people only care about the product they need.

Do you negotiate with the last restaurant you go to if you decide to go to another restaurant? Maybe the restaurant you were going too offers 40000 different ways to make an egg but if you only like your eyes over easy it makes no difference.

Sanitation doesn't need to be privatized. Just look how well the our highway department is ran. It isn't privatized. I have been told our town has had more roads repaved in the last few years compared to most years.

You hear a lot. But who ever feeds you your info does not have a clue. I can't help it you don't like unions but unions make this country

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Unions are good. Not monopolies. Get with the program. I'm pro labor. I don't like seeing labor being taken advantage of.

Well you seem to forget max is part of a union and has rights it seems you want to cost the town a lawsuit. Maybe you should get with the program and join a union and you might understand

I have a job. If there is time for the guy who works for us to place over 2400 outgoing phone calls over a 14 month period while on our dime there isn't enough work and we are over staffed. Our community is not a "jobs program" for the political democratic committee members.

So the foreman makes 2400 phone calls. What do you expect him be out their lifting. He makes 2400 so guess that means sanitation overstaffed ???

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information