Thread: Anderson Cooper 360- Plastic Surgery

Anderson Cooper 360- Plastic Surgery

I watched CNN last night--Anderson Cooper's segment on the Buffalo School Teachers Union regarding the plastic surgery portion of their healthcare plan. Rumour indicated that the plastic surgery is a "bargining chip" to get them to the table. This costs taxpayers 5.6 million dollars. A spokesperson indicated (from Buffalo) that 5.6 million can hire a lot of educators. The Buffalo educators have had this for over 40 years! I cannot believe this made it to National news, but it truly shows the absurdity of the Buffalo mindset.

They interviewed the Buffalo plastic surgeon, he spoke on how the teachers use this portion of their policy and that every member of the family is entitled to this.

A tuck here and a tuck there, at the taxpayers expense. Occupy Buffalo should go after this one, and by the way Rumour should retire!!!

Didn't he say "get me a new contract and we will remove it"? Also, doesn't the police and fire department get this?

I'll quote it from the Bufnews today, "Buffalo Teachers Federation President Philip Rumore told Tuchman the same thing he told The News in 2010--that the union has agreed to get rid of the benefit, but only as part of contract negotiations."

In the CNN reporting, Anderson Cooper stated, (and you can view the clip) "Rumour indicated that the procedures is a "bargining chip" to get them to the table."

All I know is what I read and heard regarding the teachers contracts.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I'll quote it from the Bufnews today, "Buffalo Teachers Federation President Philip Rumore told Tuchman the same thing he told The News in 2010--that the union has agreed to get rid of the benefit, but only as part of contract negotiations."
    So is it a monopoly of services or not?

Instead of expecting unions to just give benefits away without something big in return (something that will never happen), why doesn't the state focus on changing the laws that allow this nonsense to go on indefinitely. Get rid of the Triborough Amendment and force a contract one way or another. Why hasn't NYS taken that on?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by 300miles View Post
    Instead of expecting unions to just give benefits away without something big in return (something that will never happen), why doesn't the state focus on changing the laws that allow this nonsense to go on indefinitely. Get rid of the Triborough Amendment and force a contract one way or another. Why hasn't NYS taken that on?
    Voting blocks and politicians who are puppets for the people who benefit from this nonsense. Help me get elected and I won't change a thing.

I agree miles, NYSUT -- 1967 created its own politcal action committee, NYSUT 's activism has let it to be characterized as "the 800 pound gorilla in NY poilitics." Their collective bargaining rights/power led to legislation passing in 1982 the Triborough Amendment and the union has become a powerful arm in bargaining. I personally think times have changed and the unions have used their powers of negotiating the "wants" have cost the taxpayers too much money....

Quote Originally Posted by 300miles View Post
    Is this really a question?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    buffalo schools

Why doesn't someone tell phil if they finally drop cosmetic surgery perk the absentee kids won't be counted in any teach evaluation? Shouldn't be counted anyways.

Thread Information