Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Fire Hall?

My response wasn't directed at you.

The hall will not be torn down - trust me.

The fire company is planning on making the new buiding efficient. They are going with an in floor heating system that keeps the whole bay floor warm so it holds temp better and reheats after opening the doors quicker. They also said they were looking at efficient lighting.

It would make sense to tear it down, There is only a few events a year inside the big hall and I wouldnt really call their meeting room/bar anything more than a room that happens to have a bar. Not really much there to miss........

[QUOTE=slitter;886403]They already have a brush truck, I dont know model and year, just that its smaller and 4x4. I dont think they are buying a new one just looking to build a place to put there trucks so they dont have 4 vehicles in a 2 bay garage. Also when they do replace a fire engine its hard to find one that would be small enough to fit in the lower hight doors. These things are getting bigger and bigger.[/QUOTE

So how about rebuilding the existing trucks rather than buying new ones. Isn't there a place on Camp Road in Hamburg that does this called E1? The money saved by refurbishing can be used for other things rather than raising taxes to get a new place or new trucks. Realistically how often do you really need to get a new truck?

Quote Originally Posted by slitter View Post
    Yes trucks that do not get used much do wear out, from age. Rust and corrosion in the pumps, seals that dry out and leak and fail. If anything, trucks that are used more are better off than a truck that sits. Metal pumps,valves, and standing water do not mix well. The outside that you see does look nice, because whenever the firemen get back from a call if it is salty or muddy, they wash the truck. That keeps the outside looking new, what fails is the pump and seals.

As for a hall wearing out, no, they do not wear out. They get too small for todays larger equipment.

Your friend jay agrees Boston needs a new hall, and hes one of the biggest "lowering your taxes" guys around.

Speaking of lower taxes :E1 refurbishes all the seals and pumps etc... so why not do this vs costing us taxpayers big time money for a new truck. Whats the cost on that 100-200g?

As the only fire truck manufacturer in the industry certified by National Truck and Heavy Equipment Claims Council (NTHECC) for collision repair, the E-ONE Factory Service Center offers upgrade packages to give new life to older apparatus. With mild upgrades such new lighting, graphics and safety packages, to major upgrades such as a down to the frame overhaul, the Factory Service Center can add up to 15 years of service life to aging apparatus and allow it to meet current NFPA standards.

Whether you need collision repair or refurbishment of an older apparatus, our highly-trained personnel and dedicated facilities will restore your vehicle to its prior condition at a fraction of the cost of a new purchase. The Factory Service Center’s commitment to providing superior customer service and experience with insurance carriers will ensure your truck gets back into service with the least amount of downtime possible.

Aerial Upgrades
    • Acid washed and re-swirled ladder sections
    • Five year aerial structural warranty
    • All electrical, hydraulic, waterway, and cabling system replaced with new, up to-date production components
    • E-ONE aerial upgrades featuring the latest technology, such as electric over hydraulic jack controls and ramping controls for platforms

Chassis Upgrades
    • Re-chassis an existing body to a new custom or commercial chassis
    • Meet NFPA 1901, 2009 edition, requirements
    • Improve emissions
    • Add electronic roll-stability

Collision Repair
    • Restore the vehicle to pre-accident condition
    • Maintain existing/remaining manufacturer warranty
    • Lessen the risk of potential warranty issues afterwards

Additional Services
    • Service your pump or perform a complete pump overhaul
    • Repaint, letter and stripe an existing truck
    • LED upgrades
    • Stainless Steel plumbing upgrades
    • 4-door cab conversions
    • Body compartment modifications
    • Add hydraulic ladder racks
    • Add generator and lighting systems
    • Upgrade to the latest technologies

Save some cash and do the right thing. No excuses! You don't need to buy a new truck just repair the old ones and upgrade. Common sense. Seems like you all want new toys. BTW state/federal grants are STILL TAX DOLLARS!!!!

You just dont quit do you? what year vehicle do you drive? is it 25 years old? if not, those can be rebuilt too.

Where did it EVER say that taxes get raised when they need to buy a new truck.

Great to hear from you MNB !
    Isofear Madesoclear - Consolidate & Celebrate!

You just dont quit do you? what year vehicle do you drive? is it 25 years old? if not, those can be rebuilt too.

Actually I have a 92 Ranger and a 99 Dodge Intrepid so your point is? Both still going strong @100 thousand miles plus. So where do you get the money from for the new trucks enlighten me please???? Correct me if I am wrong but you serve the taxpayers and you get funded by TAX DOLLARS don't you? Or does money grow on trees???
    Last edited by mnb811; March 16th, 2012 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Over The Valley View Post
    Great to hear from you MNB !
    Thanks I was laying back until Mr. Need everything new showed up again.

It's called "Grant Money"....... and I'm pretty sure it's free so it doesn't really matter.

After all, it's not like we're talking about a million dollars.

Did anybody hear about that scorcher in Grand Island today ?
    Isofear Madesoclear - Consolidate & Celebrate!

Quote Originally Posted by Over The Valley View Post
    It's called "Grant Money"....... and I'm pretty sure it's free so it doesn't really matter.

After all, it's not like we're talking about a million dollars.

Did anybody hear about that scorcher in Grand Island today ?
    Grant money is NOT FREE it comes from TAXES! Might not be coming from the local municipality but it is most certainly state or federal TAXES! Don't we have a deficit? This is my point. The mindset of everyone is that it is free when it isn't. Somewhere someplace someone paid the taxes for you to get that grant.

Look at the past fire company budgets. Has there been an increase in the years of a fire truck purchase by one of the companies?

So when should they be replaced?

Should they still be using horses?

Whats the magic number?

Look at the past fire company budgets. Has there been an increase in the years of a fire truck purchase by one of the companies?
    Did you get a "homeland security" grant? If so then our federal tax dollars paid for your truck. Last I heard the federal government was a few trillion in the hole. Do you get the picture yet? Do you really need the newest bestest most shiny equiptment or do you just need something that gets the job done? My bet is the latter. Rebuild your existing equiptment save the money and keep the smaller garage doors. You boys seriously need a huge dose of common sense. Money saved can be used elsewhere for other things you guys might need. There's a bigger picture that people do not think about and in order to right the sinking ship you need to start at the bottom as well as the top.
    Last edited by mnb811; March 16th, 2012 at 08:36 PM.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread Information