Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Fire Hall?

As I stated in my post based on number of vehicles, area covered and volunteers I still stand by my quote that Boston is overprotected. ISO has nothing to do with my insurance rate per my agent. ISO may or may not be used in a decision for coverage ask your agent for yourself.

Slitter read between the lines compare towns on area covered, number of vehicles and volunteers as well as cost because it is a factor. Pretty simply math problem. The ISO rating has not been updated in Boston in a long long long time that number is completely non realistic.

Remember densly populated areas have smaller covereage areas. Compare apples to apples. Compare towns with similar populations, like Eden, Concord etc...

Report back to us Slitter and Gorja with your findings.

If you didn't call your insurance agent, button your beak.

If you did and they are playing into your fears, seek a new carrier.

Not facing reality doesn't have to equate to frivolous and wasteful spending.

Explaining why you are no longer on the team will help others realize your angle.

...... And remember, we are discussing Patchin, the tower and the V10.
    Last edited by Over The Valley; March 25th, 2012 at 07:46 AM.
    Isofear Madesoclear - Consolidate & Celebrate!

Quote Originally Posted by slitter View Post
    But wouldnt them cruising around in trucks all day cost your ta dollars in fuel?

and were discussing Bostons fire hall.....not Patchin, stay focused.
    The fuel is nothing compared to the overall savings that we're discussing. If you re-up and wanted to cruise in the Attack Pumper, I wouldn't object.

Furthermore, IKnow is in charge here.

You repeatedly show that you have no respect for authority.

Quote Originally Posted by Iknow View Post
    ISO has nothing to do with my insurance rate per my agent. ISO may or may not be used in a decision for coverage ask your agent for yourself.

Slitter read between the lines compare towns on area covered, number of vehicles and volunteers as well as cost because it is a factor.

Remember densly populated areas have smaller covereage areas. Compare apples to apples. Compare towns with similar populations, like Eden, Concord etc...
    ISO Ratings are apples to apples genious, The rating is given based on that towns overall protection, big town little town, ISO takes that into account.

As for your "number of volunteers" comment, Have you ever tried to get a crew out of a hall between the hours of 11AM and 4PM? I'll have you know, I certainly hope my house doesnt burn then because there have been almost 15 to 20 minute response times during that time of day. Maybe you should join, then your vote can count on company descisions.

Also here is some interesting reading that mentions "your" agent...... http://www.safeuniontown.com/images/...ISORatings.pdf

Here is your report you asked for, I report facts, not " joe from down the road said"

As for your IKNOW is in charge valley? I always figured you for a follower, time to grow up little fella.

Have you ever tried to get a crew out of a hall between the hours of 11AM and 4PM? I'll have you know, I certainly hope my house doesnt burn then because there have been almost 15 to 20 minute response times during that time of day.
    How does leaving the extra third hall in place relieve this burden ?

I didn't think anybody said cancel all three contracts - just one.

Also, the members would be vested into North Boston or Boston.

The equipment should then be donated to one of the two remaining companies.

Stick to the plan slitter. Same number of people and same amount of equipment.

Enact some safety habits on your own and you'll be very safe - I'm sure.

All of this, of course is acting on the assumption that there is no friction between the existing companies..... There isn't any is there?

Repeatedly wailing, blogging and journaling about what will happen if your house burns is just, well, it's pathetic.

I'm no follower slitter and even if I were, I would not be able to endure the shame of following you.

Do your part and stay safe friend!

...... Any word on the tower yet?
    Last edited by Over The Valley; March 25th, 2012 at 01:47 PM.

Who would have thought?

http://www.fireserviceinfo.com/iso.html

"In many cases it is the fire associations or fire chiefs who are fighting this change. The perception might be that dropping the use of ISO ratings system hurts fire departments. Many departments, especially rural ones, use the structure of the ISO rating system as a way to justify resources in budget discussions. ISO rates everything from the amount of fire apparatus to the age of it. You can get points for very specific types of training equipment. Examples of this would be "cut-away" fire hydrants or pumps. Just about everything a fire department has, or does, is evaluated.

Fire departments fear, that without ISO's influence, convincing cities to buy equipment, or hire personnel, will be harder."

Better days are coming slitter - really!
    Last edited by Over The Valley; March 25th, 2012 at 02:52 PM.

Could you be a doll and post the part of the report that states Boston is over protected?

If it was in there It would be an outright lie, Boston is NOT a class 1 ISO rated town which is the best. If your agent told you the town is overprotected, I would be looking for a new agent. As I said, IF. Last I knew the town was a 6, that was a few years back and a water district has been added since then. So I do not know what it is currently. However, It is NOT a 1, and with a fire company and equipment taken away, I assure you, the rating will get worse. You can make up numbers, and pretend you called your agent all you want, The town is not a 1.
    First of all a fire station building would be closed and its equiptment and volunteers spread to other two locations. So stick to the point besides less maintenance and expenses on gas,electric etc would be more money for the fire companies and taxpayers wouldn't it? Or are egos to big to merge anything? Just asking. Besides with my post on website for NYS Rules for Volunteer Companies and the website given on ISO ratings above I think your just one of them ego trips. The information is exact and to the point while you on the otherhand have put nothing of substance out there just your personal and buddies opinions!

.......As always, Very Well Said MNB!

Slitter did you read any of this yet ?

Who would have thought?

http://www.fireserviceinfo.com/iso.html

"Fire departments fear, that without ISO's influence,
    convincing cities to buy equipment, or hire personnel, will be harder."

Anybody heard from Agent 99 lately ?
    Last edited by Over The Valley; March 25th, 2012 at 07:47 PM.

Hey Slit’s You actually are pretty funny. Very free flowing with the name calling when you are anonymous, powerless and pathetic and such, (There’s that common theme again)

DO NOT waste one minute scaring the residents into thinking their homeowners insurance is going up if the study shows that the Town of Boston is OVER PROTECTECTED, and a fire company should be eliminated.

The reality is, your home owner’s premium is based way more on liability than an ISO rating. They look more at your claim history, the physical structure of your home (Decks, hot tubs, pools, staircases, open land, etc.) and the ages of your children and the residents in your home. My insurance company (Adirondack) does not even look at my ISO rating. I know this for a fact. I called my agent. I do believe some one else suggested that.

Do you own a home and pay taxes in this Town? If you do........you should be happy you have a public servant like me looking out for your best interests.

If you don’t, well I’ll still represent you because you are allowed to vote, but your opinion lacks a whole lot of weight. -jay

........ As always, Very Well Said Jay.

Thank you for all you do and for your common sense leadership!

And hey, Boston99.............hitting a little too close to home??? To scared to come back? Sucks when your friends sell you out and let me know who you are!!

Just wait!!

The Homecomming party is gonna be a blast!!!

When you least expect it....................

-jay

Over the valley.

You are welcome. -jay

(That would be my name. Not ashamed of signing it)

Just so you don't feel left out, justbecuz, gorja and 4th girl are free to read the iso information too.

This time, please don't report back to us - like the board game "Life", go directly to slitter.

Remember, tough love is just that - tough.

This is similar to an intervention of sorts, but we do still love all of you!

A very special 'Thank you' to IKnow from all of us for helping to lear the air on this most sensitive issue of overprotection.
    Last edited by Over The Valley; March 26th, 2012 at 06:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Boston View Post
    And hey, Boston99.............hitting a little too close to home??? To scared to come back? Sucks when your friends sell you out and let me know who you are!!

Just wait!!

The Homecomming party is gonna be a blast!!!

When you least expect it....................

-jay
    you should be spending much more of your time worrying about the town's lack of a competent,literate,english speaking head town attorney than my lack of a spouse. Slitter was right, you are a doushe nozzle, all full of yourself, and really full of s.h.i.t.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information