Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Fire Hall?

Iknow the answer.

I asked my insurance agent if my home owners rates would go up if the town eliminated a fire company in boston. I would suggest all town residents who actually pay property taxes in town call there agent and ask the same question.

the answer was NO. The town of Boston is over protected according to my insurance agent and my rates would not be affected with the closing of one company.

I also read the Poloncarz report on Emergency Services which also reports the Town of Boston is over protected based on area covered, number of trucks and volunteers.

Quote Originally Posted by slitter View Post
    As for you Jay you Douche, A person who does not know the answer to something......... asks. Unless you are the all seeing Jay whose s.h.i.t dont stink.
    First you refer to fellow brothers and sisters as 'unglueables' and now this ?

Maybe from Agent 99, but from you - I'm shocked!
    Isofear Madesoclear - Consolidate & Celebrate!

Quote Originally Posted by Iknow View Post
    Iknow the answer.

I asked my insurance agent if my home owners rates would go up if the town eliminated a fire company in boston. I would suggest all town residents who actually pay property taxes in town call there agent and ask the same question.

the answer was NO. The town of Boston is over protected according to my insurance agent and my rates would not be affected with the closing of one company.

I also read the Poloncarz report on Emergency Services which also reports the Town of Boston is over protected based on area covered, number of trucks and volunteers.
    Thank you IKnow for the mature & rational post.

.... Just wondering.

Would it be best to raffle the V10, give it to North Boston or Boston, or sell it outright and give the money to the Town?

Boston Fire Company irs990 federal form 2010

volunteer fire companies report to state comptroller and to IRS non-profit

http://dynamodata.fdncenter.org/990_...201012_990.pdf

fl 4947(a)(1) or F_ 527
    H(c)
    Group exemption number 0-
    3 Website : 1- WWW BFCNY CO M
    K Form of organization F Corporation 1 Trust F_ Association 1 Other 1- L Year of formation 1924 M State of legal domicile NY
    Summary
    1 Briefly describe the organization's mission or most significant activities
    TO PROVIDE MEDICAL AND FIRE PROTECTION SERVICES THE MISSION OF THE ORGANIZATION IS TO MINIMIZE THE
    LOSS OF LIFE AND PROPERTY RESULTING FROM FIRES, VEHICLE ACCIDENTS, MEDICAL EMERGENCIES, NATURAL
    DISASTERS AND OTHER EMERGENCY SITUATIONS
    2 Check this box Of- if the organization discontinued its operations or disposed of more than 25% of its net as sets
    t
    3 Number ofvoting members of the governing body (Part VI, line 1a) . 3 37
    v
    :2 4 Number of independent voting members of the governing body (Part VI, line 1b) 4 37
    5 Total number of individuals employed in calendar year 2010 (Part V, line 2a) 5 0
    6 Total number of volunteers (estimate if necessary) . 6 50
    7aTotal unrelated business revenue from Part VIII, column (C), line 12 . 7a 0
    b Net unrelated business taxable income from Form 990-T, line 34 . 7b
    Prior Year Current Year
    8 Contributions and grants (Part VIII, line 1h) 64,179
    9 Program service revenue (Part VIII, line 2g) 169,299
    13-
    10 Investment income (Part VIII, column (A), lines 3, 4, and 7d . 2,268
    11 Other revenue (Part VIII, column (A), lines 5, 6d, 8c, 9c, 10c, and 11e) 20,997
    12 Total revenue-add lines 8 through 11 (must equal Part VIII, column (A), line
    12) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 256,743
    13 Grants and similar amounts paid (Part IX, column (A), lines 1-3 . 382
    14 Benefits paid to or for members (Part IX, column (A), line 4) . 0
    15 Salaries, other compensation, employee benefits (Part IX, column (A), lines 5-
    10) 0
    i 16a Professional fundraising fees (Part IX, column (A), line 11e) . 0
    b Total fundraising expenses (Part IX, column (D), line 25) 0- 0
    17 Other expenses (Part IX, column (A), lines 11a-11d, 11f-24f) . 128,165
    18 Total expenses Add lines 13-17 (must equal Part IX, column (A), line 25) 128,547
    19 Revenue less expenses Subtract line 18 from line 12 128,196
    Beginning of Current
    End of Year
    Year Yea
    ' M
    ED
    20 Total assets (Part X, line 16) . 748,272 857,759
    21 Total liabilities (Part X, line 26) . 62,413 43,704
    ZLL 22 Net assets or fund balances Subtract line 21 from line 20 685,859 814,05

Iknow the answer.

I just explained the issue and my agent gave me the same response as IKnow's.

I then asked whether it would change if a property was located right at the dividing line and North Boston came 2.3 miles to the call...... Same response.

He then reminded me that the NYS Troopers cover from one location - not three.

Maybe the issue is not about quantity of equipment after all.

It may just be time to seek another quote on your insurance coverage............ Some issues are not very complicated at all.

Simple reality, but with good intentions;

http://www.buffalonews.com/city/comm...icle778509.ece

Did anybody find out anything on the tower?

Iknow the answer.

Could you be a doll and post the part of the report that states Boston is over protected?

If it was in there It would be an outright lie, Boston is NOT a class 1 ISO rated town which is the best. If your agent told you the town is overprotected, I would be looking for a new agent. As I said, IF. Last I knew the town was a 6, that was a few years back and a water district has been added since then. So I do not know what it is currently. However, It is NOT a 1, and with a fire company and equipment taken away, I assure you, the rating will get worse. You can make up numbers, and pretend you called your agent all you want, The town is not a 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Over The Valley View Post

He then reminded me that the NYS Troopers cover from one location - not three.

Did you also know that the troopers are staffed in there vehicles already? not going from their houses to a station located a few minutes away? in vehicles that can go up the east and west hill at nearly 70 miles an hour if they had to (not 10-15 like the fire trucks do)?

Im SURE your "agent" brought that exact point up to you also........

So, North Boston & Boston could cruise around in the trucks if they wanted to. That way nobody feels slighted.

We're discussing Patchin. Stay focused.

Did you quit on your own or were you asked to leave ?

How fast can the V10 climb the hill?

Maybe we should hang onto it after all.

Originally posted by slitter:
    Could you be a doll and post the part of the report that states Boston is over protected?

If it was in there It would be an outright lie, Boston is NOT a class 1 ISO rated town which is the best. If your agent told you the town is overprotected, I would be looking for a new agent. As I said, IF. Last I knew the town was a 6, that was a few years back and a water district has been added since then. So I do not know what it is currently. However, It is NOT a 1, and with a fire company and equipment taken away, I assure you, the rating will get worse. You can make up numbers, and pretend you called your agent all you want, The town is not a 1.
    No one was a 1.
    http://www.erie.gov/comptroller/pdfs...on_of_Four.pdf

Here's the report which says nothing about Boston being overprotected

http://www.erie.gov/comptroller/pdfs..._June_2010.pdf

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by Over The Valley View Post
    So, North Boston & Boston could cruise around in the trucks if they wanted to. That way nobody feels slighted.

We're discussing Patchin. Stay focused.

Did you quit on your own or were you asked to leave ?
    But wouldnt them cruising around in trucks all day cost your ta dollars in fuel?

and were discussing Bostons fire hall.....not Patchin, stay focused.

Thank you Gorja for posting Marks report. I have read it from top to bottom, Boston is only mentioned once in the report at all and it is regarding their 990 forms. The report also says the reason for consolidation is not financial at all. Its speaking of it being harder and harder to recruit members and consolidating gives you a bigger pool of recruits to pull from. Also mentioned how there was NO areas in erie county with anything better than a 3 ISO rating , Now based on the fact that Over the Valley and IKNOW was told by their "agents" that Boston was "overprotected", IKNOW said HE read the report and IT said Boston was overprotected based on area covered, trucks, and volunteers..........What report were they reading? The report I read said the best rated districts had areas covered of 3square miles or less. The town of boston is over 28 square miles covered by three fire companies. Since Gorja was nice enough to provide the link to the report, Could you please show us the one you guys were reading????????
    Last edited by slitter; March 24th, 2012 at 08:49 PM.

The other link Gorja posted shows Boston is a 5 rating in the water districts and an 8.5 in non water districts. Just in case you were wondering 1 is best 10 is worst........Soooooo overprotected how? Wonder what that rating would go to with one less company? Next time provide facts instead of fiction, Thank you for the references Gorja.

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information