Thread: Buffalo News Accountability, Please?

Buffalo News Accountability, Please?

I notice the Buffalo News rather quickly jumped on the "Where Was Nancy Naples" wagon. I ask "Where was the Buffalo News?" I take more than a little offense to the Buffalo News editorial of March 3rd entitled "Easy, but wrong, answer". There is no way to comparably rebut the Buffalo News publically - if the Buffalo News does not want to be rebutted. That is the extreme misfortune of having a one newspaper town. I know that my letter (as well as many other letters that get written to the Buffalo News) will not be published, so I turn to Speak Up WNY to express my thoughts.

In the March 3 Buffalo News editorial, the Buffalo News pompously advises us ignorant taxpayers that we have an "imperfect understanding of the fiscal problems affecting this area". Well, if we are ignorant, why would that be? Would it be because we have a singular local newspaper which prints only those topics and agendas which continue to support the already corrupt elected officials which that newspaper helped to elect? Would it be that those articles which are published slant and pervert the truth to match the agenda of a handfull of local business people which the Buffalo News has ensured are well enmeshed into the city and county's coffers? Seems to me this has been happening for well over two decades. Perhaps its time for some accountability on the Buffalo News part. And, perhaps us taxpayers are less ignorant than the Buffalo News thinks.

The fact that this is a one-paper town has nothing to do with it. The media in general thinks people are stupid and don't know how to think for themselves. It's the only business where they can make more money the more they insult your intelligence.

It's my feeling that the people in this area are far more aware of the fiscal health (or lack thereof) of this area than the news is.

Are ypu kidding?
    We bash the Snews all the time around here. Particularly how they defend Giambra.
    "If you want to know what God thinks of money just look at the people he gave it to."

By the way, what happened to biker? I miss the old coot.

Judy, your take on the Buffalo News is right on target, and citymouse is correct about the paper being a Giambra cheerleader. Its burying of the Aurora highway garage scandal is another example of how the News covers up for Giambra's corruption.

i think its a blessing that higgins won congress cuz naples is still around to ruffle some feathers and expose joel for the dimwit he truly is

Anyone who expects "fair and balanced" news coverage from the Buffalo Snooze, probably would expect them to support a tax on newsprint paper.

We stopped getting the snooze years ago.

We also recently stopped watching WIVB and went to WGRZ. We got sick of listening to the "we are all going to die unless the taxes are increased" reporting from the talking heads there.
    The shortest distance between two politicians is thru your wallet.

That very same editorial spoke to me as well. I felt like they were yelling at us! I don't like those "editorials" anyway, and then they try to make us feel like we're back in grade school!

Where's the people asking this question: "Are the right cuts being made?"
    Remain calm!! But run for your lives if necessary!

This Thread has Moved

For much more on this same thread, move over to Speakup Western NY > Erie County Politics > Where has the Buffalo News Been? >

See you there!

how to fix western ny

The onley to make western n.y geate agen is to make a 53rd state.What is needed to be dun,Is to get rid of Albany and
    n.y.c. What is needed to be bun is to draw a line two miles north of Albany east&west two miles west, north and south and make a nother state out of what is left.Make buffalo the new state capital.Recreation and tourism is good but it makes for low end jobs and thats all Albany thinks western n.y. is good for.What is needed to make buffalo grate agen is to bring back good jobs.Manufactureing is what made western new york grow to be a grate place to live.The bad thing is the taxes are so high that manufactureing cant make it hear aney more.The cost is to high.Thear needs to be a movment to make a nother state.It's ben talked about befor but on one has dun it! now is the time to do it!Dump Albany and new york city.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Manufactureing is what made western new york grow to be a grate place to live.
    Because they are more of a positive cash flow type jobs. There are more support people lets say needed per manufacturing job versus a sales clerk at bass pro.

Bas pro might be a good thing in the short run but the profits from all thoes sales won't stay hear.Yes it makes jobs that are needed hear and the sales tax colected and bed tax from outof towners and restrant owners will profit and will help out some.But will it help the masses like a new steel plant or a refinery. Will it replace tryco and all the outhers that have moved out?becase of high taxes. How much will bas pro worker make? will thay be able to build a new house and rase a famley and will thear kids stay hear and find a good job? or will thay have to move to a nother state to make a good wage.N.Y. State has taxes our young. I have two boy's that had to go to P.A. just find a good job,and thats sad.

Anyone who expects "fair and balanced" news coverage from the Buffalo Snooze, probably would expect them to support a tax on newsprint paper.
    The SNOOZE is the biggest problem right next to Beach and Boringley...the agenda is CLEAR now.

BF

Thread Information