Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Petition Invalidated by Appellate Court

Wouldn't that "only" $60k also include eliminating the benefits that go along with the position? Some people may see it as a matter of principle, not just as "only" $60k.

Quote Originally Posted by rwrusso View Post
    Wouldn't that "only" $60k also include eliminating the benefits that go along with the position? Some people may see it as a matter of principle, not just as "only" $60k.
    Those some people are mainly hacks that want to pretend that they are making a difference. They're easily led around by the nose by people like KG.

That $60k includes benies if I'm not mistaken.

Why get rid of representation at the risk of getting 2 "yes" men or women for a savings of $60k a year when there are far more obvious expenditures that give us far less return?

Why not spend a bunch of time and energy on using 1 ply instead of 2 ply toilet paper?

Quote Originally Posted by FisherRd View Post
    Those some people are mainly hacks that want to pretend that they are making a difference. They're easily led around by the nose by people like KG.

That $60k includes benies if I'm not mistaken.

Why get rid of representation at the risk of getting 2 "yes" men or women for a savings of $60k a year when there are far more obvious expenditures that give us far less return?

Why not spend a bunch of time and energy on using 1 ply instead of 2 ply toilet paper?
    I don't know if someone trying to do the right thing is a hack, but I'd agree with you, if that $60k includes benefits, that the effort could be better served elsewhere. I don't know enough details of the exact cost savings that would go with the downsizing. Obviously, I've just jumped into the forum and am catching up. My opinions, reactions, etc. are typically based on what makes sense to me, follows reason and logic, etc. This one I'm just not informed enough about.

But that's the whole point of discussing these things, right? Though I'm no longer a WS resident, so I guess my thoughts don't count. I just want to be proud of the whole region and all our towns.

RW,
    I agree with your above. I'm not 100% versed on the subject either. I just know that $60k in savings to get rid of 2 reps is much lower on my priority list than $3.1 million or even the 2 dog catchers who make somewhere in the $90k range each.
    Granted, part of my reluctance to get rid of the 2 Reps may stem from the fact I don't like somebody grandstanding on West Seneca taxpayers backs, but mainly it's due to my fear of 2 like minded people being able to push anything they want through if the downsizing occurs(at least with 5 votes there's more of a chance to see debate).

Quote Originally Posted by rwrusso View Post
    Wouldn't that "only" $60k also include eliminating the benefits that go along with the position?
    It sure would, that is why the best action would be merging towns together. The principle of a greater number of indians supporting a fewer number of chiefs would be best served this way.

1) If the vote is in the spring, how much is it going to cost the taxpayers?
    Wouldn't it be better next September or November?

2) Why can't we save money and NOT give a raise or health insurance to the board members? How much of a dollar savings would that be?

Quote Originally Posted by change4WS View Post
    Tell Kevin to go find another place to gain popularity, I'm usually not a NIMBY, but I will say, "Kevin, NIMBY."

And, I did hear that Kevin used to work for the County, and due to an instance that his buddies covered up, he doesn't work there anymore......
    I hope that the Town Board does not approve the vote on a non-election

dumb question............what is NIMBY?

Quote Originally Posted by protect west seneca View Post
    i hope that the town board does not approve the vote on a non-election

dumb question............what is nimby?
    not in my back yard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information