Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Village of depew is in violation of their own codes . All to protect big business.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by therising View Post
    That's news. Surprised it wasn't in the paper.
    Does the Village of lancaster know about this?

Quote Originally Posted by vietnam1967 View Post
    Iam stressed and made about this Village issue and I would like to take legal action, but I cant afford to get a lawyer . I am a disabled vet and on fixed income. I have a beautiful home that is very well maintaned , I have my home completely done over, I dont want to be forced in moving. I want to beable to enjoy my home and the enviroment around it. I just want someone to take responsibilty for there actions. their is a code to fix the problem enforce please. why they pushing the issue on me. This business pays taxes in the village and run a business. They need to go to the business and force them to errect a remedy to fix the ventilation issue or keep fining them everyday till they do. This issue is on going two years. I know this village is corrupted in many way.
    First of all, an earlier poster gave you the number of an editor at the Buffalo News. Did you call?

Secondly, have you tried (recently) going inside, and talking to the people at the restaurant. I mean, just having a heart to heart talk with them. I don't know if KFC's are franchised, or not, but maybe there's a franchisee you can speak with.

Third of all, have you emailed KFC corporate?

Fourth of all - you mentioned several times how you're a disabled Vietnam Vet, so you obviously don't mind playing that card. Have you worked it into your correspondence to the Village, and KFC?

Finally - you said you spoke to the new code enforcement officer. Who cares? He's probably powerless on his own, without direction from the Village Board. Go to another Board Meeting. Even better, reach out to one of the trustees on a personal level before hand. And, ask that person to please, fight for you.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Does the Village of lancaster know about this?
    I dunno. Somebody should tell them, though.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Right now there are a couple of reporters who work for the buffalo news going.. how the hell did we miss that?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I was told the village of depew's code enforcement division is under staffed compared to the rest of the area.

Make a short presentation for the board. I would also make the same written presentation and send it off to Cuomo. Let him know how inept the local democratic group is around here that runs our community.

Sorry to tell you but the Village of Lancaster was never abolished just the Police Dept was merged. Just so you now know.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzy View Post
    Sorry to tell you but the Village of Lancaster was never abolished just the Police Dept was merged. Just so you now know.
    Who is the mayor of the Village of Lancaster?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    The Village of Lancaster is governed by a mayor and a board of trustees, 2 from each of the three wards in the village. The Village Board meets in the Council Chambers on the second floor of the Municipal Building on Broadway at Central Avenue on the second and fourth Monday of every month at 8:00 p.m.

Village Elected Officials
    Village Board Members Position
    William G. Cansdale, Jr. Mayor
    Kenneth L. O'Brien III Trustee
    Edward Marki Trustee
    William C. Schroeder Trustee
    Paul M. Maute Deputy Mayor, Trustee
    Other Elected Officials
    Paul T. Bumbalo Village Justice

The Village of Lancaster is governed by a mayor and a board of trustees, 2 from each of the three wards in the village. The Village Board meets in the Council Chambers on the second floor of the Municipal Building on Broadway at Central Avenue on the second and fourth Monday of every month at 8:00 p.m.

Village Elected Officials
    Village Board Members Position
    William G. Cansdale, Jr. Mayor
    Kenneth L. O'Brien III Trustee
    Edward Marki Trustee
    William C. Schroeder Trustee
    Paul M. Maute Deputy Mayor, Trustee
    Other Elected Officials
    Paul T. Bumbalo Village Justice
    The Village of Lancaster doesn't have the ward system anymore. They cut from 6 trustees to 4. I guess their website needs updating.
    http://www.speakupwny.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17758

Georgia L Schlager

I was told the village of depew's code enforcement division is under staffed compared to the rest of the area.

Make a short presentation for the board. I would also make the same written presentation and send it off to Cuomo. Let him know how inept the local democratic group is around here that runs our community.
    They my be under staffed ,but they need some kind of smarts on what the village codes say and how to go about to enforce them.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyday77 View Post
    They my be under staffed ,but they need some kind of smarts on what the village codes say and how to go about to enforce them.
    I agree with that. but what can I do to resolve this issue. I have followed the advice of people, contacted news NO responce , Contacted officials . Put the issue on record with village board member, The code inforcement , the owners of the business, the management of the business. petitions from neighbors on the issue, phone calls to everyone I could to help to get the code enforced. What do you have to do in this village to get them to enforce there codes. Spring is comming and I want clear air to open my windows, this is so unfair .

Iam a 100% Disabled Vietnam veteran service connected. Iam pround to have protected my county. Why am I getting the blow off from every for some help with this issue. Its make me mad that not one person can stand up and protect me and my neighbors from a big business. I am fed up with the run around. I have contacted many officals in my area and they agree about the smell. Sure they write a letter to the owners for me ,but that doesnt enforce the Village of Depews code. After they help me with one letter they blow me off. In 2010 The State assembly Dennis Gabryzak office sent a letter to the village of Depew stating " To the village and the Dec that there is a issue with smell. We are asking the Village of Depew to enforce the order of remedy violation for municipal code 103.06-1-34 odors". Nothing ever happened and that was 2010. Also 2010 a Letter was sent from Erie county legilator at the time Timothy M Kenndy to business and village stating the facts again. His letter stated " The most repeated and egregious concern I have heard is in regards to the ventilation system at this business is the ventilation system pumps out greasy malodorous air directly into the backyards and living spaces of residents. The vents do not extend ubove the rooftops of the homes, therefor their output negatively effacts the quality of air and life of the residents I have seen this firsthand faulty ventilation and smelled the ubiquitious chicken smell." Nice letter writen but it helped in no way. I contacted Mr kennedy again after he became Legislator for help again. I was told they would work on it for me. I was told they tried and couldnt help me any further. Another blow off. I have written and spoke to the Dec several times since 2010 - 2011 and not help. I ocontacted State code eforcement agency to see if they could get the Village of Depew to eforce their codes. I spoke to the assistant code enforcement officer from Depew Village And he stated there is nothing we can do about it and tells me Get a Lawyer . The guy was not even the code eforcement officer the village he was a assistant. Why hasnt the code eforcement from the Village come over to my neighborhood to investigate the issue and smell what we put up with. The wheather is getting warmer and I dont need this smell ruining my summer and fresh AIR. I also contacted the business management and lawyer who handles their issue . They feel that The Village fined them a one time fee violation of $250.00 they are hands clean of the issue at hand. Nice big money making business hurt the little. It shows how great the efforcement is in the village.I also contacted the news no call back. I have been every route possible except a lawyer. I need somekind of avocate to help me and my neighbors . This is so stupid to be addressing a issue for three years. Village do your job protect the residents and enforce your codes . I am still waiting for the State code enforcement to call me back. please anyone help a veteran.

Quote Originally Posted by therising View Post
    First of all, an earlier poster gave you the number of an editor at the Buffalo News. Did you call?

Secondly, have you tried (recently) going inside, and talking to the people at the restaurant. I mean, just having a heart to heart talk with them. I don't know if KFC's are franchised, or not, but maybe there's a franchisee you can speak with.

Third of all, have you emailed KFC corporate?

Fourth of all - you mentioned several times how you're a disabled Vietnam Vet, so you obviously don't mind playing that card. Have you worked it into your correspondence to the Village, and KFC?

Finally - you said you spoke to the new code enforcement officer. Who cares? He's probably powerless on his own, without direction from the Village Board. Go to another Board Meeting. Even better, reach out to one of the trustees on a personal level before hand. And, ask that person to please, fight for you.
    I happen to know this individual, and his plight. He's done all that and more.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by gshowell View Post
    I happen to know this individual, and his plight. He's done all that and more.
    Is what he is saying accurate? Is the aroma from the restaurant that strong?

Is what he is saying accurate? Is the aroma from the restaurant that strong?
    Iam a resident in the same area , and yes the smell aroma from resturant is that strong. I wont open my windows when the chicken is being cooked, Its a fowl smell and it makes me sick, we didnt get this smell untill they remodeled their business and changed the roof venting system any one can ask the resident s on my street and they will say the samething about the smell. their is a petion with signatures from neighbors that agree and its not just one person complaining. This man is not fighting alone , but he next door to this business and needs a brake in this matter , What can anyone do to help HIM and us residents . I want to sit in my yard to. I am also mad the village said they cant do any thing.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information