Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Village of depew is in violation of their own codes . All to protect big business.

Call OSHA.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Does OSHA protect people who don't work for a business on second hand emissions? I thought there was another department that handled items like that.

Whats the name of this business?

Depew should be abolished just like the Village of Lancaster was.

Unfortunately, your not going to get anywhere dealing with the town, or the business, directly. You do need an attorney...

I would start a suit against the business in question, and the owner of said business.
    Then, I would sue the code enforcement officer.
    The DEC, and the DEC rep
    The mayor
    The Court/judge over seeing this matter.
    The prosecutor... and the village as a whole.

You want to sue these folks individually, and personally, as well as professionally. Many will advise you against such, however if you REALLY want to get their attention, you sue them personally, as well as professionally.

Now, keep in mind all your own crap had better be in line, because towns and villages, are absolutely NORTORIOUS for retaliating against residents' who draw legal or otherwise, attention to their conduct, anyone who tells you it doesnt happen, is blowing smoke up your ass. Be prepared, cause you get lawyers involved, and the **** storm could be quite large.
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

I agree get rid of the village of depew. Maybe the code offices in cheektowaga have more knowledge of the business and residental code . I pay taxes in this village and the code enforcement dony know any of the village or state codes, Dont these officers need to have some kind of experience or training or degree? or they appointed by the trustees and mayor? maybe relatives or friends.

Quote Originally Posted by FMD View Post
    Unfortunately, your not going to get anywhere dealing with the town, or the business, directly. You do need an attorney...

I would start a suit against the business in question, and the owner of said business.
    Then, I would sue the code enforcement officer.
    The DEC, and the DEC rep
    The mayor
    The Court/judge over seeing this matter.
    The prosecutor... and the village as a whole.

You want to sue these folks individually, and personally, as well as professionally. Many will advise you against such, however if you REALLY want to get their attention, you sue them personally, as well as professionally.

Now, keep in mind all your own crap had better be in line, because towns and villages, are absolutely NORTORIOUS for retaliating against residents' who draw legal or otherwise, attention to their conduct, anyone who tells you it doesnt happen, is blowing smoke up your ass. Be prepared, cause you get lawyers involved, and the **** storm could be quite large.
    But if he gets a attorney and sues thats going to cost alot of money. If could find someone lawyer probono to take somekind of action agaist the village.

Let me just say another example how great the code emforcement is in the village of depew. NOT. A senior women in my neighborhood is trying to sell her home and she lives on dick road and barnabas drive. So as a selling point she wanted to have a fence put up. around her lot. Being a women and a senior she wasnt sure of the codes when it comes to fences. So when its was time for lowes to come install her fence. The village code enforcement offericer told her she could only insatall a two foot fence around her property because of her being also on a main road . They lied to the poor women and It looks terrible to have a stockade fence like that. ride by it you will see.

Iam stressed and made about this Village issue and I would like to take legal action, but I cant afford to get a lawyer . I am a disabled vet and on fixed income. I have a beautiful home that is very well maintaned , I have my home completely done over, I dont want to be forced in moving. I want to beable to enjoy my home and the enviroment around it. I just want someone to take responsibilty for there actions. their is a code to fix the problem enforce please. why they pushing the issue on me. This business pays taxes in the village and run a business. They need to go to the business and force them to errect a remedy to fix the ventilation issue or keep fining them everyday till they do. This issue is on going two years. I know this village is corrupted in many way.

Quote Originally Posted by vietnam1967 View Post
    Iam stressed and made about this Village issue and I would like to take legal action, but I cant afford to get a lawyer . I am a disabled vet and on fixed income. I have a beautiful home that is very well maintaned , I have my home completely done over, I dont want to be forced in moving. I want to beable to enjoy my home and the enviroment around it. I just want someone to take responsibilty for there actions. their is a code to fix the problem enforce please. why they pushing the issue on me. This business pays taxes in the village and run a business. They need to go to the business and force them to errect a remedy to fix the ventilation issue or keep fining them everyday till they do. This issue is on going two years. I know this village is corrupted in many way.
    Go to a village board meeting. You are allowed to speak during public concerns and comments. The code enforcement officers are there. You can put them right on the spot and ask why nothing had been done. Recently the village has ammented some parts in vilage law to allow for strength in enforceing codes. Just as there are many vacant structures that need remedy asap, before they couldn't do anything. Now, they can call for a public hearing requiring the owner to come and explain thereself and action taken from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott4 View Post
    Go to a village board meeting. You are allowed to speak during public concerns and comments. The code enforcement officers are there. You can put them right on the spot and ask why nothing had been done. Recently the village has ammented some parts in vilage law to allow for strength in enforceing codes. Just as there are many vacant structures that need remedy asap, before they couldn't do anything. Now, they can call for a public hearing requiring the owner to come and explain thereself and action taken from there.
    I went to Village board meetings for issue with this business and nothing ever got done.So I gave up with that its a waste of time. The code officers know the issue and it was taken to court 4 times .

I went to Village board meetings for issue with this business and nothing ever got done.So I gave up with that its a waste of time. The code officers know the issue and it was taken to court 4 times .
    was this with the new board? We have new code enforcement officers now from last year. And people that have complained about other issues seem to have had progress. Maybe you should go to the meeting in a couple weeks. I can't hurt to try

Quote Originally Posted by Scott4 View Post
    was this with the new board? We have new code enforcement officers now from last year. And people that have complained about other issues seem to have had progress. Maybe you should go to the meeting in a couple weeks. I can't hurt to try
    I went to the new code officers ,THEY SAID WE CANT HELP YOU .

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I went to the new code officers ,THEY SAID WE CANT HELP YOU .
    Go to the town board. They are supposed to be examples of leadership who run your community. Call them out on this if they are not doing their job.

Quote Originally Posted by Ileftchktg View Post
    Depew should be abolished just like the Village of Lancaster was.
    That's news. Surprised it wasn't in the paper.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information