Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Village of depew is in violation of their own codes . All to protect big business.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyday77 View Post
    nothing done yet with this issue
    The house right behind KFC has a Jim rogoski political sign on his lawn. this is an election year. perhaps someone should ask that guy who lives in that house to call rogoski and have him resolve this problem

Quote Originally Posted by SabreTooth View Post
    The house right behind KFC has a Jim rogoski political sign on his lawn. this is an election year. perhaps someone should ask that guy who lives in that house to call rogoski and have him resolve this problem
    That is exactly what I did I asked James Rogowski for help on this issue several weeks ago. and He claims to have contacted the DEC in this matter because the village of Depew no longer has the code they eliminated it . I have no resolution yet since his contact with the DEC, I hope something will get done with his help.

Quote Originally Posted by vietnam1967 View Post
    That is exactly what I did I asked James Rogowski for help on this issue several weeks ago. and He claims to have contacted the DEC in this matter because the village of Depew no longer has the code they eliminated it . I have no resolution yet since his contact with the DEC, I hope something will get done with his help.
    Keep us updated. It will be interesting to see if he really does anything

Quote Originally Posted by SabreTooth View Post
    Keep us updated. It will be interesting to see if he really does anything
    Yes I would to be interested to see if any thing gets done. Its been far to long on this issue . I hope Jim Rogowski can help us with pushing the Dec. because we do pay Town Taxes,

Wonder why in 2011, the village repealed the Air Pollution code? Are they going to repeal all codes that they don't feel like enforcing?

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Wonder why in 2011, the village repealed the Air Pollution code? Are they going to repeal all codes that they don't feel like enforcing?
    That's what exactly what they did . THEY NO LONGER WANTED TO ENFORCE THE AIR POLLUTION CODE SO THEY DROPPED IT .SO THEY COULD NO LONGER HELP ME . MORE TO PROTECT THE BUSINESS SO THEY DIDNT HAVE TO CORRECT THE ISSUE. NOW THE ONLY ONES THAT CAN HELP ARE THE DEC BECAUSE THE STATE HAS THE CODE,

I hope someone cant step forward and help in the matter it does not take a lot of common sence to fix the problem , just make the stacks higher so the smell goes above the neighbors house .

If the Village of Depew no longer has the code for air pollution, because they dropped it. Would the state code enforcement have to deal with the issue?

Is the state code office doing anything?

depew 001.jpg This is the issue I am having with the Village of Depew since 2010. The business has been given several violations order to remedy like this one. The problem has not been corrected with new stacks the smell of grease fumes is still on going. Their was a code on the books in the Village of Depew chapter55. ArticeII section 55-5. This is been going on for years and the Village now decides to drop the code because they no longer want to enforce it. the business paid a $250.00 fine and it was over . All they have to do is raise the stacks above my home.

052.jpg This is what the stacks look like on the building . This did not correct the issue they need to be taller.

I see the Town of Cheektowaga also repealed their Air Pollution code. This was done in 2010. Here's what their reasons were for repealing.

WHEREAS, the Town of Cheektowaga, on July 7, 1958, adopted an Air Pollution Ordinance, f/k/a Ordinance No. 26 - Air Pollution Rules and Regulations and Fee Schedule (Chapter 48 of the Code of the Town of Cheektowaga) with amendments thereto, and

WHEREAS, the Town of Cheektowaga no longer has a Health Officer, and many of the other provisions of this law are either handled by the Erie County Health Department or are covered by the Codes of the State of New York,
    Maybe, Erie County would be the enforcer

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyday77 View Post
    052.jpg This is what the stacks look like on the building . This did not correct the issue they need to be taller.
    I contacted the State code office and see if they can cover that code.

If the highest opening of the stack/chimney - is not above the highest point of the roof line or false front as shown in the picture - the fumes will down draft and start condensing sooner. FYI
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    If the highest opening of the stack/chimney - is not above the highest point of the roof line or false front as shown in the picture - the fumes will down draft and start condensing sooner. FYI
    Thanks that's what I been telling everyone ,but no one listens I need a expert to give their a opinion in writing,, Something has to be done I cant take the smell anymore.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information