Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Second ward council seat

Second ward council seat

Who should be the next second ward councilman (person)?

The 2 candidates recommended by the 2nd ward democratic committee:

Annette Iafallo was voted down (1-2) at the last council meeting.

Rebecca Darch was voted for (2-1), but did not get the necessary 3 votes.

Also mentioned have been:

Pat McCusker - unsuccessful candidate for mayor; businessman.

What does everyone think about these candidates filling this position? And are there any other candidates out there you would like to see?

Maybe Dion Watkins can change his address again and move into the 2nd ward.

Darch should get it. Work on Noman he's being played as usual.

Now it goes to the November election. The people should decide who they want, not a handful of party representatives.

Post Hmmmm......

Quote Originally Posted by LAsurvivor View Post
    Who should be the next second ward councilman (person)?

The 2 candidates recommended by the 2nd ward democratic committee:

Annette Iafallo was voted down (1-2) at the last council meeting.

Rebecca Darch was voted for (2-1), but did not get the necessary 3 votes.

Also mentioned have been:

Pat McCusker - unsuccessful candidate for mayor; businessman.

What does everyone think about these candidates filling this position? And are there any other candidates out there you would like to see?

Yes, a NON-Political Senior Citizen.......they don't miss a beat and know how to swing a broom!

Congradulations to mrs. Iafallo on the 2nd ward endorcement last night!

Post School Board Clerk AND 2nd Ward Council Member??? Really? And a hairdresser?

"" .....when they need a warm body they seek a paid up member and rotate them in. And the real political bosses are behind the scenes telling the crony out in front who to hire and who to fire etc. ""

You know I had always stood behind her School Board member political career, then again--especially in 2007 when she ran for Mayor........and I sacrificed a lot of time from my personal life and business running around trying to get the voters out for her. I thought we were fighting for the same team, but I found out I was so wrong, their game has played out quite differently than mine.

When she joined the JM team to continue as the school board clerk job for $40,000/yr, when her husband already has a Cadillac job at City Hall........mine and many others views of her integrity changed.

Nothing personal Annette and family------good luck to you all, people have got to do what they have to do............I heard her son is working for the Erie County Water Authority in Geoff Symanski's position while he is " The Mayor "......is this true?

BTW: Her brother is Joe Schiavi who was 4th Ward Councilman for 8 years.......

P.S. Oh what a night.......Lot's of " family and friends " bellying up to the bar........

I/WE won to be the FIRST WOMAN elected to the Lackawanna City Council in the history of the City of Lackawanna, WITHOUT an endorsement from their club or cliques'! WE beat the machine, with our little Army of 17 people.......and proved it can be done! As we all know, "history repeats itself"!

I support Mrs. Iafallo completely for 2nd ward council. She is a positive force in this city and someone for young women to look up to. I look forward to voting for her

Quote Originally Posted by jenrose66 View Post
    I support Mrs. Iafallo completely for 2nd ward council. She is a positive force in this city and someone for young women to look up to. I look forward to voting for her
    as time progresses, I hope I can change your mind Jenrose66. I will be Mrs. Iafallo's opponent in the November election for Secod Ward Councilwoman So, you might really have a choice this time around, instead of the lesser of two evils!

Quote Originally Posted by Diane Kozak View Post
    as time progresses, I hope I can change your mind Jenrose66. I will be Mrs. Iafallo's opponent in the November election for Secod Ward Councilwoman So, you might really have a choice this time around, instead of the lesser of two evils!
    Sorry, you can't change my mind on this one and she's not evil

Sorry, you can't change my mind on this one and she's not evil
    FYI & future reference... Reread what I originally wrote.

The lesser of two evils principle (or lesser evil principle) is the idea in politics and political science that of two bad choices, one isn't as bad as the other and should be chosen over the one that is the greater threat.

Originally, "lesser evil" was a Cold War-era pragmatic foreign policy principle used by the United States and, to a lesser extent, several other countries. The principle dealt with the United States of America's attitude regarding how dictators of third-world nations ought to be handled, and was closely related to the Kirkpatrick Doctrine of Jeane Kirkpatrick. By contrast, the lesser of two evils principle is today most commonly used in reference to electoral politics, particularly in Western nations, and perhaps in the United States more than anywhere else. When popular opinion in the United States is confronted with what is often seen as two main candidates—normally Democratic and Republican in the modern era—that are substantially similar ideologically, politically, and/or in their economic programmes, a voter is often advised to choose the "lesser of two evils" to avoid having the supposedly "greater evil" get into office and wreak havoc on society.

FYI & future reference... Reread what I originally wrote.

The lesser of two evils principle (or lesser evil principle) is the idea in politics and political science that of two bad choices, one isn't as bad as the other and should be chosen over the one that is the greater threat.

Originally, "lesser evil" was a Cold War-era pragmatic foreign policy principle used by the United States and, to a lesser extent, several other countries. The principle dealt with the United States of America's attitude regarding how dictators of third-world nations ought to be handled, and was closely related to the Kirkpatrick Doctrine of Jeane Kirkpatrick. By contrast, the lesser of two evils principle is today most commonly used in reference to electoral politics, particularly in Western nations, and perhaps in the United States more than anywhere else. When popular opinion in the United States is confronted with what is often seen as two main candidates—normally Democratic and Republican in the modern era—that are substantially similar ideologically, politically, and/or in their economic programmes, a voter is often advised to choose the "lesser of two evils" to avoid having the supposedly "greater evil" get into office and wreak havoc on society.
    I read what you wrote, so no need to patronize me. I'm aware of what "lesser of two evils" mean. Usually when one uses that term it's because both choices aren't that great but you go with the one that's the least "bad". What I said to you is that I don't see Mrs. Iafallo as bad at all, so casting my vote for her will not be seen by me in my eyes as the "lesser of two evils".

I read what you wrote, so no need to patronize me. I'm aware of what "lesser of two evils" mean. Usually when one uses that term it's because both choices aren't that great but you go with the one that's the least "bad". What I said to you is that I don't see Mrs. Iafallo as bad at all, so casting my vote for her will not be seen by me in my eyes as the "lesser of two evils".
    By no stretch of the imagination am I trying to patronize you. You interpreted that I meant Annette is evil. No way, Jose. I said second warders now have a choice between 2 formidable candidates and NOT THE LESSER OF TWO EVILS ANY LONGER.

By the way, there was No choice for second ward councilman previously, cause if I remember correctly, Mr. Szymanski had NO opposition. He walked right into the job.

By no stretch of the imagination am I trying to patronize you. You interpreted that I meant Annette is evil. No way, Jose. I said second warders now have a choice between 2 formidable candidates and NOT THE LESSER OF TWO EVILS ANY LONGER.

By the way, there was No choice for second ward councilman previously, cause if I remember correctly, Mr. Szymanski had NO opposition. He walked right into the job.
    Fair enough, sorry I misunderstood.

Fair enough, sorry I misunderstood.
    Accepted & thanks. You got character there, Jenrose66. Not patronizing either. I'm that kind of person who tells it like it is and with me it is, what you see is what you get, which has gotten me into trouble over the years. No fascade & false face. Life's too short for that kind of crap!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information