Thread: Second ward council seat

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Second ward council seat

Who should be the next second ward councilman (person)?

The 2 candidates recommended by the 2nd ward democratic committee:

Annette Iafallo was voted down (1-2) at the last council meeting.

Rebecca Darch was voted for (2-1), but did not get the necessary 3 votes.

Also mentioned have been:

Pat McCusker - unsuccessful candidate for mayor; businessman.

What does everyone think about these candidates filling this position? And are there any other candidates out there you would like to see?

Maybe Dion Watkins can change his address again and move into the 2nd ward.

Darch should get it. Work on Noman he's being played as usual.

Now it goes to the November election. The people should decide who they want, not a handful of party representatives.

Quote Originally Posted by youcangohome View Post
    Maybe Dion Watkins can change his address again and move into the 2nd ward.
    Now, I don't care who you are but that was some funny shiznit!

Quote Originally Posted by Robert H. Reed View Post
    Now, I don't care who you are but that was some funny shiznit!
    Yeah just like the guy who ran for 1st Ward council in 2009....

Is this guy related to the Iafallo running for office?

CITIZENS WISHING TO PLACE AN ITEM ON THE CITY COUNCIL'S AGENDA SHALL SUBMIT THEIR CONCERNS/COMPLAINTS IN LETTER FORM, SIGNED AND FORWARDED TO THE CITY CLERK'S OFFICE VIA CERTIFIED LETTER OR IN PERON BEFORE 12:00 NOON THE WEDNESDAY PRIOR TO THE COUNCIL MEETING. AFTER REVIEW BY THE CITY COUNCIL, AND DEEMED APPROPRIATE, IT WILL BE ENTERED INTO THE COUNCIL AGENDA.
    AGENDA

Reorganizational/Council Meeting
    Council Chambers

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Meeting called to order/Pledge of Allegiance
    NB: Meeting being recorded.
    Roll Call: Council: Noman, ________, Kulczyk, Lewis, Pirowski
    Hearings from Citizens:

Communications from the Mayor:

1. Mayor Szymanski - advises Council of his resignation in position of 2 nd Ward Council Member.

Mayor Szymanski issues the following executive orders:

2. Executive Order #1 – Appointment of Norman A. LeBlanc as City Attorney.

3. Executive Order #2 – Appointment of Thomas N. Love as Public Works Commissioner.

4. Executive Order #3 – Appointment of Dana Britton as Public Safety Director.

5. Executive Order #4 – Appointment of Angelo Iafallo as Parks & Recreation Director.

6. Executive Order #5 – Appointment of Ralph Miranda as Director of Development.

7. Executive Order #6 – Appointment of Maureen Gambino as Confidential Secretary to the Mayor

Communication from the Council:

8. Council President Pirowski – requests voting order be as follows: 1 st ward, 2 nd ward, 3 rd ward, 4 th ward, Council President.

9. Council President Pirowski – submits the following resolutions for Council approval:

Resolution # ___, 2012 – Appointment of 2 nd Ward Council Member

Resolution # , 2012 – Appointment of City Clerk

Resolution # , 2012 – Appointment of Council Member Noman as Council President Pro-Tempore.

Resolution # 2012 – Designation of City Council Meeting dates for the year 2012.

Resolution # , 2012 – Appointment of Council Clerk/Deputy Clerk

Resolution # , 2012 – Designation of Front Page Newspaper as official newspaper of the city.

Communications from Department/Division Heads:

10. City Attorney – seeks Council approval of settlement of $3,000 to Michael Abert for a law suit involving a fall due from the result of walking on Ridge Road when city snow plow covered sidewalk.

************************************************** ************************************************** *******************************

The Eagle has landed.

Post Hmmmm......

Quote Originally Posted by LAsurvivor View Post
    Who should be the next second ward councilman (person)?

The 2 candidates recommended by the 2nd ward democratic committee:

Annette Iafallo was voted down (1-2) at the last council meeting.

Rebecca Darch was voted for (2-1), but did not get the necessary 3 votes.

Also mentioned have been:

Pat McCusker - unsuccessful candidate for mayor; businessman.

What does everyone think about these candidates filling this position? And are there any other candidates out there you would like to see?

Yes, a NON-Political Senior Citizen.......they don't miss a beat and know how to swing a broom!

Congradulations to mrs. Iafallo on the 2nd ward endorcement last night!

Post School Board Clerk AND 2nd Ward Council Member??? Really? And a hairdresser?

"" .....when they need a warm body they seek a paid up member and rotate them in. And the real political bosses are behind the scenes telling the crony out in front who to hire and who to fire etc. ""

You know I had always stood behind her School Board member political career, then again--especially in 2007 when she ran for Mayor........and I sacrificed a lot of time from my personal life and business running around trying to get the voters out for her. I thought we were fighting for the same team, but I found out I was so wrong, their game has played out quite differently than mine.

When she joined the JM team to continue as the school board clerk job for $40,000/yr, when her husband already has a Cadillac job at City Hall........mine and many others views of her integrity changed.

Nothing personal Annette and family------good luck to you all, people have got to do what they have to do............I heard her son is working for the Erie County Water Authority in Geoff Symanski's position while he is " The Mayor "......is this true?

BTW: Her brother is Joe Schiavi who was 4th Ward Councilman for 8 years.......

P.S. Oh what a night.......Lot's of " family and friends " bellying up to the bar........

I/WE won to be the FIRST WOMAN elected to the Lackawanna City Council in the history of the City of Lackawanna, WITHOUT an endorsement from their club or cliques'! WE beat the machine, with our little Army of 17 people.......and proved it can be done! As we all know, "history repeats itself"!

I support Mrs. Iafallo completely for 2nd ward council. She is a positive force in this city and someone for young women to look up to. I look forward to voting for her

Quote Originally Posted by jenrose66 View Post
    I support Mrs. Iafallo completely for 2nd ward council. She is a positive force in this city and someone for young women to look up to. I look forward to voting for her
    as time progresses, I hope I can change your mind Jenrose66. I will be Mrs. Iafallo's opponent in the November election for Secod Ward Councilwoman So, you might really have a choice this time around, instead of the lesser of two evils!

Thread Information