Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Second ward council seat

Too funny. Big ego? She is an example of someone who sold their soul for the job...SHE PURSUED THE BOARD, went knocking on their doors ......

It will be a sad day for the 2nd ward if she represents them. It is time for a NEW face with NO DEALS!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

jenrose66, glad to hear your pitbull issue was somewhat resolved. Just hope Annette handled the issue off the clock on her school job. We are still waiting for the BOE minutes to be posted.

Literal, wasn't Annette your hair dresser? And weren't you the one who got her involved in politics? What happenened? Talk about Ego's Look in the Mirror!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dickypotpie View Post
    Literal, wasn't Annette your hair dresser? And weren't you the one who got her involved in politics? What happenened? Talk about Ego's Look in the Mirror!!!!!
    Hair dressers service many people of different backgrounds, what is your point then? Annette's family is a very political family no matter how you want look at them. All involved with the city and school district at one time or another. Brother Joe always is involved with some political candidate, he also gravels door to door for someone. You want backroom info ask Joe at the Noco station.

Talking He Who Laughs Last.....Lasts!

What happened?
    This is a parallel.........and if you do NOT get my point, then, YOU should ask someone........
    Just switch that guy Tony Hayward's NAME with the Democrat/Conservative Candidate's for 2nd Ward Councils' NAME..........AND
    BP's NAME with the Lackawanna School Systems NAME...........................and you should get my point.

News / Articles / Sydney Finkelstein on BP's Missteps
    Sydney Finkelstein on BP’s Missteps
    by Tuck Communications
    There’s no silver lining to a disaster as shocking and immense as the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. But as with any major mistake by a corporation, there are many lessons to be learned in its wake. One of the most important lessons is that failures of machinery and equipment can often be traced to shortcomings of leadership. Another is that a corporation’s response to a disaster of its own making requires tact and compassion. Tony Hayward, as the CEO and public persona of BP, had opportunities to do the right thing both before and after the spill, but he failed in significant ways. What happened?

By the time Hayward became CEO in May of 2007, the company already had a troubled reputation as unsafe and, in its anemic efforts at reform, callous. In 2005, an accident at a BP oil refinery in Texas killed 15 workers, and investigations after the fact concluded that managers had ignored serious warning signs. Then, in 2006, a BP oil pipeline in Alaska’s North Slope sprang a leak, revealing, according to the New York Times, “widespread corrosion problems in the pipeline network,” which lead to an inquiry by the Department of Justice.

After the spill, Hayward committed a series of public relations blunders that further tarnished BP’s image. YouTube is full of videos of his statement, “I’d like my life back,” which sounded selfish and tone-deaf. Then, while Gulf residents scrambled to clean the beaches and waters, he participated in a yacht race off the coast of England, confirming his aloof elitism.

These are not necessarily the idiosyncratic behaviors of an awkward former geologist (which Hayward is); they indicate a sense of entitlement that’s common among senior executives. Another example of the phenomenon was when Wall Street executives were expecting and demanding large bonuses while their financial firms were being bailed out by the Troubled Asset Relief Program. The hallmark of a sense of entitlement is an executive’s belief that he or she deserves all the rewards they get, regardless of the broader contextual, historic and economic conditions.
    It’s natural to feel that as you become more successful, you’re entitled to more compensation and benefits. But sometimes, all that power goes to your head. In fact, psychologists have researched how people change when they are put in positions of power, and they’ve found that executives can become greedy, over-confident and even rude when they become CEO. Most of the time, these personality traits are hidden behind corporate walls, but every so often they burst into the public eye, as they did with Hayward’s actions, which made the front pages of newspapers all over the world.

The trouble with the “entitlement” problem is that there is some truth to the belief that high-powered executives deserve their rewards. However, there is a limit. No one begrudges a CEO doing what he wants in his spare time, but the incongruity between Hayward yachting while the Gulf turned black with oil was so egregious as to seem ridiculous and hurtful.
    ************************************************** **********************************************
    Point A: (I might have dates wrong.....)Please correct me.

2000-2003: School Board Member
    2003-2006: School Board Member/President
    2007: Ran for Mayor of Lackawanna
    2007-2010: School Board CLERK under Patty B.
    2010-Present: School Board Clerk under John Makeyenko

Point B:
    People in general know for a fact where I stand on the issues because I go to meetings and voice my concerns, support certain candidates,etc.. I have never compromised my integrity for any kind of a self-serving "deal". Of course the dog-catcher came within an hour for the endorsed Dem. candidate! HELLO!
    I whole-heartedly supported this same person right up until 2010 when........

Point C:
    It is over 10 years and I NEVER heard the ENDORSED DEM./CON. 2nd WARD Council Candidate hollering/asking/making public reports for help under HER WATCH about the declining LA Schools ranking, TAXES, DROPOUTS, Teenage Pregnancies, ETC., NOR her blighted neighborhood issues, ETC.

Point D:
    WHY NOT?

P.S. jenrose......Reality Check:
    YOU are President of Truman PTA and a 2nd Ward resident, right?

Point E:
    Happy-Happy-Happy!

Point F:
    Where, oh where, are the fruits of all those years of labor........
    Poli-Tricks......that's where!

The point is!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by getalife123 View Post
    Hair dressers service many people of different backgrounds, what is your point then? Annette's family is a very political family no matter how you want look at them. All involved with the city and school district at one time or another. Brother Joe always is involved with some political candidate, he also gravels door to door for someone. You want backroom info ask Joe at the Noco station.
    Go back about 12 years ago and she was just a hair dresser, her brother was just a maintenance worker and her kid was in school. I believe Literal and big Ed talked her in to running for school board. Then brother runs for council and then son runs for committeeman. So dont complain that now you think she is bad for the city. The only way to something done in this city is you need a mayor that will support your ideas or plans. Just ask Andrea about that.

Sorry Annette was my mother's hairdresser and my mom has been dead 2o years almost. ME help her get involved in politics? REALLY???? Your facts are waaaaaaaaaaay off on this one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Go back about 12 years ago and she was just a hair dresser, her brother was just a maintenance worker and her kid was in school. I believe Literal and big Ed talked her in to running for school board. Then brother runs for council and then son runs for committeeman. So dont complain that now you think she is bad for the city. The only way to something done in this city is you need a mayor that will support your ideas or plans. Just ask Andrea about that.

I NEVER talked to her or anyone about running for the school board. As for Ed....if you want to know go to the source and ask HIM!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Looks like Annette is easily talked into something. What would happen with a needed critical vote??? Will she sway a vote because of the support of her political backers, payback. Don't forget she now works for the school district at the whim of the BOE. Salary of $40,000 plus versus what would be right for the 2nd ward and our fair city. What do you think her priority will be????? The big hit for the campagin trail so far "a call to the dog warden". OH, BOY.

Post He Who Laughs Last.....Lasts!

NOT my loss.......I can move anytime I want too and DRIVE to take my Grandchildren to SAFE, state of the art playgrounds, etc.!

It will cost more money now for improvements and............ more brains and brawn.
    Whatever.

I didn't lose any friends over my political involvement......in fact, I have gained quite a few! People do not want me involved in the snake-pit of Lackawanna poli-tricks for many reasons........such as associating with the phoney baloney's........
    Yes, just ask me about the "players" that are in it for the power and paycheck........just ask me!

P.S. Her Brother?
    And just what will the good people of Lackawanna remember him for? Telling the DPW to cut so and so's tree branch down? I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post
    [SIZE=4]

P.S. jenrose......Reality Check:
    YOU are President of Truman PTA and a 2nd Ward resident, right?
    Correct on both counts. That wouldn't make me politically connected though. I don't feel the need to advertise what I do because my solitary concern lies in making the district better and nothing more. I don't have political loyalties, I support who I think is best for the city (usually my picks don't win, I was 0 for 2 last time for the city supporting Watkins for Mayor and you Andrea for council president)...I also don't feel the need to bash those I don't agree with because that will not lead to anything productive. If I am happy with something or if someone has done a good job, I will talk about it. Mock me all you want about the dog warden, that is an important issue to me and my neighborhood and I was happy to see it quickly addressed. I think that everyone is very quick to see only the negative...not just concerning city council, but a lot of things...I know I'm guilty of that, but I'm trying really hard to change my outlook because I don't want to pass that worldview on to my kids.

Looks like Annette is easily talked into something. What would happen with a needed critical vote??? Will she sway a vote because of the support of her political backers, payback. Don't forget she now works for the school district at the whim of the BOE. Salary of $40,000 plus versus what would be right for the 2nd ward and our fair city. What do you think her priority will be????? The big hit for the campagin trail so far "a call to the dog warden". OH, BOY.
    Annette cost the school district a lot of money when she was Board President. Her lack of education and experience did not serve the district well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Can you be more specific?

Talking Hold -Up

Quote Originally Posted by jenrose66 View Post
    Correct on both counts. That wouldn't make me politically connected though. I don't feel the need to advertise what I do because my solitary concern lies in making the district better and nothing more. I don't have political loyalties, I support who I think is best for the city (usually my picks don't win, I was 0 for 2 last time for the city supporting Watkins for Mayor and you Andrea for council president)...I also don't feel the need to bash those I don't agree with because that will not lead to anything productive. If I am happy with something or if someone has done a good job, I will talk about it. Mock me all you want about the dog warden, that is an important issue to me and my neighborhood and I was happy to see it quickly addressed. I think that everyone is very quick to see only the negative...not just concerning city council, but a lot of things...I know I'm guilty of that, but I'm trying really hard to change my outlook because I don't want to pass that worldview on to my kids.
    I thank you for believing in me. I do possess the same ideals that you do regarding your civic duty/solitary concern has always been to "make the district better"......I too started out sweeping up our playground and begging for new equipment ........

I apologize to you jenrose if you think I mocked you or tried to "bash you" in any way......NOT at all by any means!
    My point was that the party is in control of City Hall and they want their candidate in.....so.....hence, attention'! They know YOU influence votes and want to keep you going with THEIR flow! It is all about PARTY politics.......not you.

Talk to me next year, and the next, and the next........Sadly, I have heard it time and time again from folks that they used election year.
    Of course the dog-catcher and police should have addressed that dog thing immediately......WHAT happens to the poor citizens needs/issues that are not connected? So many tried to get their issues addressed over the years that fell on deaf ears after the elections that they just gave up trying to make their streets safer, nicer, etc.. Many just moved and the core of stake-holders (home owners) are no more.
    I am not trying to change your views....this is a political forum to discuss issues.

You have keen insight.......but just beware of being bamboozled. It hurts!
    Maybe if there were about 5000 of us we could take the City over for the good of ALL.......NOT the some!

Talking He Who Laughs Last.....Lasts!

There will be more.......sidewalks will be fixed, branches/trees cut, maybe a curb or two, a student passed, a pot hole filled, a skunk......a job......

I like the points you make getalife.......just like the song, "torn between two lovers"..........

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information