Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Americorps off the hook?

Quote Originally Posted by snowwhite View Post
    It is not right to blame WNY because you do not like what is being written. This is information that needs to get out to the taxpayers and because you don't like the message - tooo bad!
    Go ahead and post pics of your evidence. Out your 'sources'. Call who ever you want. I have asked you in the past to post links, but you will not. You do not want to do my 'homework'. This has gone on too long to listen to your 'what I know is true". WNYResident is part of the problem allowing this to continue. Either there is or isn't a short fall. If so fix it. This needs a conclusion. You seem to enjoy and savor this continual defamation and 'outrage' over 'your' tax dollars. I am sure you would not be so peppy if this continual defamation were on your foot.
    http://forum.freeadvice.com/libel-sl...um-427737.html

Many people do not realize that what is posted on a site can be traced back to them. They believe, wrongly, that they can post whatever they want about whomever they want and there will be no repercussions because on these sites they are "anonymous." This false belief has cost many a poster a lot of money.
    Last edited by Niagara; October 25th, 2008 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel View Post
    It is more than that. It is information transfer. No, you are not providing the information, but you sure are joining in on the circus. Your business has been used for a long time now to accuse someone of criminality. That is a serious issue. I think you, if not legally at least morally have an obligation to check into it and not just say that most of the stuff here winds up being true. You are thereby putting your stamp of approval onto it.
    When West Seneca tax payer money is used to put on fundraising type events such as Fire and Ice, Forest of Fright, Enchanted Forest, Night Under the Stars, etc… with the premise that money raised will go to the Y.E.S. Program, Youth Bureau and Burchfield Nature & Art Center, yet said proceeds are thrown into an Americorps General Fund to be to used to throw lavish parties, go out to expensive dinners, and bump up their seats on airlines to first class, calling for a criminal investigation is well warranted. It is at the very least misappropriation and misrepresentation. And that is the tip of the iceberg.

Throw in there the number of human rights lawsuits against him, the 3.1 million he has overspent, the fact that he could be operating Americorps out of a space for free, yet stubbornly holds the BNAC hostage for $75,000 a year, something has to give.

These are the kinds of things that have gotten people upset and I feel they more than have the right to express these views and raise these kinds of questions here.

And bottom line, a lot of good people have walked away from there; Americorps, Youth Bureau and BNAC, leaving the whole place staffed with a bunch of untalented, lazy, do-nothings. Instead of hinging yourself to “the good” he has done, think about the great that could have been done over the past several years if a lot of people had remained. Enough is enough. Whether criminal charges, a termination or a good old fashioned lynching, something needs to be done.

And if certain politicians continue to refuse to look into it, the referendum vote isn’t too far around the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostofCharles View Post
    When West Seneca tax payer money is used to put on fundraising type events such as Fire and Ice, Forest of Fright, Enchanted Forest, Night Under the Stars, etc… with the premise that money raised will go to the Y.E.S. Program, Youth Bureau and Burchfield Nature & Art Center, yet said proceeds are thrown into an Americorps General Fund to be to used to throw lavish parties, go out to expensive dinners, and bump up their seats on airlines to first class, calling for a criminal investigation is well warranted. It is at the very least misappropriation and misrepresentation. And that is the tip of the iceberg.
    I was at Fire and Ice and recall it as being free.
    'Lavish Parties'? Were you there? I went to a couple of parties. Hardly call them 'lavish', and I paid to go. My guess is expenses were covered.
    Throw in there the number of human rights lawsuits against him, the 3.1 million he has overspent, the fact that he could be operating Americorps out of a space for free, yet stubbornly holds the BNAC hostage for $75,000 a year, something has to give.
    No idea about any lawsuits. I have never seen one. The overspending is still to be proven IMO. Even so, a four million dollar budget in ten years is 40 million. If there is a short fall, have the federal government fix it. In fact where is the federal oversight of the town's oversight? I for one applaud his not moving. Let the town departments move to the cheap or free rent.
    These are the kinds of things that have gotten people upset and I feel they more than have the right to express these views and raise these kinds of questions here.
    As far as 'people' being upset, I see the same names over and over with no evidence ever given. This is a vindetta, and if I were WNYRes I think I might be considering what I might do to control this mess, or checking my insurance policy.
    And bottom line, a lot of good people have walked away from there; Americorps, Youth Bureau and BNAC, leaving the whole place staffed with a bunch of untalented, lazy, do-nothings.
    This is a strange quote from someone who professes the need for consideration of those employed there. Perhaps your 'good people' is another's 'untalented, lazy, do-nothings'? Were you one of the 'good people'?

The intermingling of funds between the TWS and ML should have ended when ML changed the name of the org from West Seneca AmeriCorps to WNY AmeriCorps.

Fire and Ice was I believe $100.00 a couple. But that is besides the point because the lavish parties I am referring to are the thank you parties ML throws for volunteers. If you want to do a hot dog roast or something fine, but when it gets to the extent of bringing in Bravo to cater and a private company to bartend and serve top shelf liquors (on town property no less), that is when it becomes lavish.

You haven't heard about any lawsuits because they are being quietly settled out of court to avoid them going to a public hearing. One was just settled a few weeks ago. There are also at least 2 employees still technically employed by the town because the town keeps tabling their resignations to avoid more lawsuits. Another one is in the works because he fired someone for taking time off of work.

He has gone over budget by $1 million a year for the past 3 years. With a $4 million budget at his disposal, that means he has gone over budget by 25% each year. The federal government should step in to terminate him for this.

Encouraging WNY to "control" free speech goes against everything this website was created for. So enough said there.

By untalented, lazy, do-nothings, I mean people who spend $5,000 on a fundraiser and actually raise $3,000. I mean people who run West Seneca in Bloom and Ginger Bread house contests who get less than 20 entrants because they forget to advertise. I mean program directors who let their volunteers go almost a year without a GED education because they didn't bother to fill the instructor position. I mean people who call ML a monster behind his back because they see what he has done to the "good people" but allow him to do it because they are afraid of retaliation themselves and of losing their health insurance.

And over the past 7 or 8 years, whether they knew it or not, tax payers basically donated to and invested in this organization whether they liked it or not, so yes these people should have a say in the end result.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostofCharles View Post
    Fire and Ice was I believe $100.00 a couple. But that is besides the point because the lavish parties I am referring to are the thank you parties ML throws for volunteers. If you want to do a hot dog roast or something fine, but when it gets to the extent of bringing in Bravo to cater and a private company to bartend and serve top shelf liquors (on town property no less), that is when it becomes lavish.
    There may have been a party before the F&I show, but the show itself was free.

You haven't heard about any lawsuits because they are being quietly settled out of court to avoid them going to a public hearing. One was just settled a few weeks ago. There are also at least 2 employees still technically employed by the town because the town keeps tabling their resignations to avoid more lawsuits. Another one is in the works because he fired someone for taking time off of work.
    Taking time off of work, or not showing up? It sounds like perhaps you are right there are alot of lazy, do nothings past and present, and that ML has been trying to control a a three ring circus.
    He has gone over budget by $1 million a year for the past 3 years. With a $4 million budget at his disposal, that means he has gone over budget by 25% each year. The federal government should step in to terminate him for this.
    I welcome a review. Going back to my N days I welcomed a review by a competent reviewer. That might rule out Bielicki because he was appointed by WP, and he has an agenda.
    Encouraging WNY to "control" free speech goes against everything this website was created for. So enough said there.
    There is no such thing as 'free speech'. Obama has proven that with his lawsuits against those who say what he doesn't want to hear. You say you can not or will not prove anything. Your statements and those of others IMO cross the line of moral decency, and possibly more. As the owner of this instrument of 'free speech' Mr. WNYres is bound by civil laws just like any business owner. He is under obligation to censor his board for bad language and more. In my opiniion, where your statements cross the line and defame others, you should be given warnings, and if it does not stop, more.

By untalented, lazy, do-nothings, I mean people who spend $5,000 on a fundraiser and actually raise $3,000. I mean people who run West Seneca in Bloom and Ginger Bread house contests who get less than 20 entrants because they forget to advertise. I mean program directors who let their volunteers go almost a year without a GED education because they didn't bother to fill the instructor position. I mean people who call ML a monster behind his back because they see what he has done to the "good people" but allow him to do it because they are afraid of retaliation themselves and of losing their health insurance.
    So what. No one ever said you had to like your boss, but you should respect him.
    And over the past 7 or 8 years, whether they knew it or not, tax payers basically donated to and invested in this organization whether they liked it or not, so yes these people should have a say in the end result.
    And whose fault is that, ML's, the town's, or the fed's. As for present, I see no evidence that the taxpayers of WS are out anything.

Make a suggestion

Manny, I have a suggestion for you. You seem to have a hard time believing that ML owes 3.1 million dollars, so why don't you call the comptroller, Bob Bielicki and asked him yourself. He will give you the information that you are looking for and maybe you will believe him. His number is 558-3207. If you can't reach him there, then ask for his number at his other office and talk to him there. Then maybe we can get past this one item and move on to other things. Sound good?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    It is more than that. It is information transfer. No, you are not providing the information, but you sure are joining in on the circus. Your business has been used for a long time now to accuse someone of criminality. That is a serious issue. I think you, if not legally at least morally have an obligation to check into it and not just say that most of the stuff here winds up being true. You are thereby putting your stamp of approval onto it.
    See what he's trying to twist it into? "Your Business has been used."

Someone pm'd me that the ML group may be looking for a way to sue me because they are not happy what others are saying about the group.

Manual will keep doing the "Your business has been" to try to attach a "liability" to me or the VBULL script that everyone is using to post with.

I'm not approving of anything or disapproving of anything.

And he repeats it again

As the owner of this instrument of 'free speech' Mr. WNYres is bound by civil laws just like any business owner. He is under obligation to censor his board for bad language and more. In my opiniion, where your statements cross the line and defame others, you should be given warnings, and if it does not stop, more.
    No I don't have to censor for bad language. I just do it because I don't like people with "naughty" mouths speaking like that in public in front of who ever. Simple as that. IN their own home or yard or group of friends you can all talk anyway you like.

You can't be sued for telling the truth

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    See what he's trying to twist it into? "Your Business has been used."

Someone pm'd me that the ML group may be looking for a way to sue me because they are not happy what others are saying about the group.

Manual will keep doing the "Your business has been" to try to attach a "liability" to me or the VBULL script that everyone is using to post with.

I'm not approving of anything or disapproving of anything.

And he repeats it again

No I don't have to censor for bad language. I just do it because I don't like people with "naughty" mouths speaking like that in public in front of who ever. Simple as that. IN their own home or yard or group of friends you can all talk anyway you like.
    I will swear on my grandfather's grave that everything I have written here has been the truth. And doesn't our constitution call for freedom of speech. Nothing is liable and they would have a hard time proving it which they won't do because it would only open up a big can of worms and then ML would have to tell the truth which will not be good for him. So don't worry WNYres because they have no grounds to sue you or anyone else on this web site. THE TRUTH WILL PREVAIL.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    http://www.speakupwny.com/forums/faq...rd_faq#faq_tos

3. Posts or threads containing language that includes personal attacks, racially or ethnically charged wording, insults, profanity, badgering of others is especially prohibited- this includes what is stated about our elected officials. Supporting information must follow 'wrongful' claims against politicians.
    I think you have failed to enforce rule #3, expecially the last assuming you consider ML a politician, which he is not. The fact that he is not is even more damning of your neglect.
    No I am not part of any group. I am just a concerned citizen who is angry about the direction this town has taken.

Before all the "4thekids" "4UWS" and other effigies of the ML factor start to post, ever notice "Manuel" is the only one on that side of the board? And, "Manuel" my friend Guillermo wonders why a purebred white guy like you uses an Hispanic name.

Quote Originally Posted by snowwhite View Post
    Nothing is liable and they would have a hard time proving it which they won't do because it would only open up a big can of worms and then ML would have to tell the truth which will not be good for him. So don't worry WNYres because they have no grounds to sue you or anyone else on this web site. THE TRUTH WILL PREVAIL.
    The way it would work is SUWNY would be served with a notice of discovery asking your name. You would be notified, and have to find a lawyer to which you would need to pay a hefty retainer. Then you would have to prove that what you have claimed is true. The burden of proof is on you.

Quote Originally Posted by MERL J View Post
    Before all the "4thekids" "4UWS" and other effigies of the ML factor start to post, ever notice "Manuel" is the only one on that side of the board? And, "Manuel" my friend Guillermo wonders why a purebred white guy like you uses an Hispanic name.
    Because at the time I chose it, someone was using the name Pedro, and I thought it was cute.
    I think you people ought to think about future fun fests at other people's expense or follow the TOS which means support what you say.

Because at the time I chose it, someone was using the name Pedro, and I thought it was cute.
    I think you people ought to think about future fun fests at other people's expense or follow the TOS which means support what you say.
    As far as any EEOC hearings, they are confidential until such time as the case is determined. Tell ya what, Manny, why don't you ask other people besides ML what they're all about. Why not file a FOIL with the TWS regarding these cases? You seem to have a great deal of time on your hands.

Talking Americorp

We should be looking on how to rid West Seneca of ML......after the Town had to pay off the discrimination case ML caused, he is a loose cannon and we need to have someone run Americorp, certainly ML is not qualified. We are in for more litigation if he continues. ML doesn't play well in the "sandbox" with others. by the way,,,,,let's count the ways he get paid!

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread Information