Thread: Break ins in the Chautauqua County Area

Break ins in the Chautauqua County Area

Anyone know anything about the break-ins in the Chautauqua area? We have a seasonal place in Portland and were wondering if we should make a trip to check things out.

Unfortunately, seasonal camps are a favorite target of resident low-lifes all over the country, primarily because most of these places are fairly isolated, and even when they're not, the owners aren't likely to be as well known in the community as year-round residents.

I'd check it out.

My brother and I have had a couple of incidents at our camps in the Gowanda area this past summer and fall (somebody shot out one of his windows and somebody stole all my tomatoes from my garden and then trampled the plants), so we're going to put up trailcams to monitor who's hanging around. We kinda know who the likely suspects are, but we need to catch them in the act, and trailcams seem the best way.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda_D View Post
    Unfortunately, seasonal camps are a favorite target of resident low-lifes all over the country, primarily because most of these places are fairly isolated, and even when they're not, the owners aren't likely to be as well known in the community as year-round residents.

I'd check it out.

My brother and I have had a couple of incidents at our camps in the Gowanda area this past summer and fall (somebody shot out one of his windows and somebody stole all my tomatoes from my garden and then trampled the plants), so we're going to put up trailcams to monitor who's hanging around. We kinda know who the likely suspects are, but we need to catch them in the act, and trailcams seem the best way.
    Linda, Thanks for the reply.

I like the trailcam idea. We might put a couple out. I guess we'll have to go check things out to be sure things are wide open before the weather hits.

This is a good weekend because the snow's not that deep. We got almost a foot in the Jamestown area, but a lot of it has melted already because the ground is still pretty warm. The North County got less. By next weekend, there could be a foot and a half or more on the ground. We're gonna be vulnerable to lake effect snow all winter it looks like. Erie doesn't seem likely to freeze this season unless we get a prolonged cold period soon.

Thread Information