Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul's Iowa Fail

Ron Paul's Iowa Fail

Ron Paul spent 2.7 million and got beat by a guy who spent $110,000. And just about every one of those votes for Santorum came from what would otherwise have been Paul (versus Romney) voters.

You do realize that Romney, Santorum, and Paul each received the same number of delegates (7), regardless of the popular vote. The media says he came in third, but all three tied for first in delegate count.

The hard-core war voters (Santorum) would not have voted for Paul anyway. Hopefully this election destroys the republican party. They are no different from the democrats.
    Most of all I like bulldozers and dirt

Quote Originally Posted by nickelcityhomes View Post
    Hopefully this election destroys the republican party. They are no different from the democrats.
    Now, that is truly stupid paulista logic! ROTFLMAO.

What happens if there's no national Republican Party? The Dems get to run the country the way they want. If you think that's going to cause some kind of revolution, you are wackier than Ron Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by nickelcityhomes View Post
    You do realize that Romney, Santorum, and Paul each received the same number of delegates (7), regardless of the popular vote. The media says he came in third, but all three tied for first in delegate count.

The hard-core war voters (Santorum) would not have voted for Paul anyway. Hopefully this election destroys the republican party. They are no different from the democrats.
    Look at the votes he got - 3rd place to a guy who spent practically nothing. If you think those voters for Santorum would have voted for Romney if Santorum was not in the race, then Paul would have lost to Romney by 2 to 1.

Does Ron Paul want to be president of the people or president of the delegates?

Ron Paul's problem is that, while he can debate well, and say the right things, he doesn't know how to make that last minute sprint to the finish line
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Ron Paul loves his country, no doubts; however, his stance on isolating America from the world, instead of taking on a leadership/proactive role pushing the world toward a more democratic form, is a cause for concern. We live in a world where we have to be vigilant.
    If the spirit moves you, and you have a few minutes, please venture over to

http://af12.webs.com/

Caucuses are a joke.
    Remember it was huckeepoo who won Iowa in 2008.
    Hillary will NEVER be President
    Obama is a FORMER President
    Joe Biden is in Scranton eating paste.

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    Ron Paul's problem is that, while he can debate well, and say the right things, he doesn't know how to make that last minute sprint to the finish line
    Ron Paul's problem is that, to paraphrase Abraham Lincoln, he can't fool all the people all the time. He sure does have his paulistas brainwashed, though.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda_D View Post
    Ron Paul's problem is that, to paraphrase Abraham Lincoln, he can't fool all the people all the time. He sure does have his paulistas brainwashed, though.
    Your brainwashed by the "party" you promote why would you hold that against others?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Your brainwashed by the "party" you promote why would you hold that against others?
    What political party do I "promote"? Unlike you and tonym, I have never, ever posted youtube propaganda or articles promoting any candidate.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Well from your standpoint I would say the letter "D"

Good one! Hahaha, not laughing at Mike, 'cause he genuinely loves America, but am laughing along with your quick wit/reference to slight deviation on his last name.

Quote Originally Posted by ILOVEDNY View Post
    Caucuses are a joke.
    Remember it was huckeepoo who won Iowa in 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Ron Paul loves his country, no doubts; however, his stance on isolating America from the world, instead of taking on a leadership/proactive role pushing the world toward a more democratic form, is a cause for concern. We live in a world where we have to be vigilant.
    I don't think pulling our armed forces out of most of the countries they're stationed in, somewhat needlessly btw, equates isolating ourselves form the rest of the world. Obviously, we still have a role as the leaders of this planet, which we are, but we need to lead by example, not by force, and Paul has the better strategies in how to enable financial recovery through extreme cost cutting and tax revisions. That, in itself, is good enough for me, not to mention the fact that he's NOT part of the status quo. Not the typical candidate for POTUS.
    Last edited by HipKat; January 5th, 2012 at 07:22 PM.
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Ron Paul loves his country, no doubts; however, his stance on isolating America from the world
    Non-intervention is not Isolation. They are entirely different. North Korea is Isolationist. Switzerland, you know - the country with the world's strongest currency, is Non-Intervention.

It's a massive difference. I can understand if you don't like the guy because of his proposed policies, but calling him an isolationist couldn't be farther from reality. Try some basic research and exercises in logic before marginalizing your comments.
    Most of all I like bulldozers and dirt

You make a good/valid point, meaning balance is a good thing, which even I can accept because it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    I don't think pulling our armed forces out of most of the countries they're stationed in, somewhat needlessly btw, equates isolating ourselves form the rest of the world. Obviously, we still have a role as the leaders of this planet, which we are, but we need to lead by example, not by force, and Paul has the better strategies in how to enable financial recovery through extreme cost cutting and tax revisions. That, in itself, is good enough for me, not to mention the fact that he's NOT part of the status quo. Not the typical candidate for POTUS.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information