Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Famous Buffalo Murders

Quote Originally Posted by speaker View Post

Another Kenmore murder, never solved, was the dentist John Lindemann was chief suspect. His wife disappeared and parts of her body were found over WNY. His house near Delaware Ave and the old Kenmore theater was examined for blood and other clues. He was not charged and went on to marry someone else.

And the plastic surgeon who lost a patient with his liposuction procedure, convicted of poisoning his wife and children. They survived, but barely. He had a lot of people convinced she was doing it to herself to gain sympathy.
    Strangely enough, I was a testifying witness for Dr. Lindemann's sons' murder a few years back! He had inherited his fathers estate, and got involved with the wrong people, ultimately costing him his life! Very weird story when you consider that his mother was murdered under mysterious circumstances as well..

And oh yeah, that plastic surgeon guy. Didnt he try to poison his wife inside Mercy Hospital with arsonic while she lay recovering from his baseball attack on her? Wore a disguise to look like a hospital orderly, and tried to finish the job? Pignataro?

The weirdest of all Buffalo murders was the Erie County Sheriff who pretended he was interested in buying a known drug dealers mansion, and ended up shooting the real estate saleswoman and the dope dealer. The agent survived. Then a year later, she was walking around the Erie County Fair, and saw him riding on a horse in his uniform!! Thats how he got busted. Forget his name, but they made a TV movie about the incident.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkLV View Post
    Peter Picilo, a local hairstylist from the late seventies, got murdered in his School Of Hair Design on Elmwood Ave. It was a mafia hit, he was dating one of the daughters of the upper ranks, and supposedly got her hooked on heroin. The building was formerly a Bell Telephone office, and is supposedly haunted I think its now a daycare center?

Learned this during one of Mason Winfields Haunted Buffalo ghost walks around Elmwood village.

don't remember peter getting murdered...i do remember my good friend michael biscotto getting offed,though...and another good friend. big al monaco...

Quote Originally Posted by tomac View Post
    Or William "Wild Bill" Schilino, a member of Local 210 who was murdered in a construction trailer at Amherst and Main (the subway station). Dozens of workers were around the trailer when it happened and nobody heard a thing......
    His nephew is (was?) the Parking Comissioner, Lenny Schilino.
    I think the name was Sciolino.

Violence begets violence. Even when the mafia took a low profile, the tactics remained the same.

Quote Originally Posted by speaker View Post
    I think the name was Sciolino.

Violence begets violence. Even when the mafia took a low profile, the tactics remained the same.

ahem...post #14...

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff View Post
    ahem...post #14...
    Well, excuuuuuuuse me, puff!

Quote Originally Posted by MarkLV View Post
    The weirdest of all Buffalo murders was the Erie County Sheriff who pretended he was interested in buying a known drug dealers mansion, and ended up shooting the real estate saleswoman and the dope dealer. The agent survived. Then a year later, she was walking around the Erie County Fair, and saw him riding on a horse in his uniform!! Thats how he got busted. Forget his name, but they made a TV movie about the incident.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105828/

It wasn't the most famous, but it sure did freak me out for a long time. In the summer of 1989, a woman on Roma Street in Buffalo murdered her two little girls. I believe she also had a young son, but he was spared. She said she did it to rid them of the devil or something crazy like that. It was really sad and it affected me because my own daughter was the same age as one of the babies she murdered.

I often wonder what ever became of that woman - I sure hope she's still behind bars somewhere.

Unregistered
    Shouldn't the title of this thread be, Infamous Buffalo Murders?

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    It wasn't the most famous, but it sure did freak me out for a long time. In the summer of 1989, a woman on Roma Street in Buffalo murdered her two little girls. I believe she also had a young son, but he was spared. She said she did it to rid them of the devil or something crazy like that. It was really sad and it affected me because my own daughter was the same age as one of the babies she murdered.

I often wonder what ever became of that woman - I sure hope she's still behind bars somewhere.
    Is this the woman who scalded her daughters? She must have been insane.

But the murder I remember was the 2 yr old boy who was found dead on the shore of Hoyt lake. The baby sitter did it. I think the year was around in the late fifties and his name was Andy. I thought I would never forget it but I do forget the details. Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Surfing USA View Post
    Shouldn't the title of this thread be, Infamous Buffalo Murders?
    I was thinking the same thing.

It effected me also

When the two brothers that owned the clothing store called People's, it was a shock in more ways than one for me, I lived on Herman and this store was near-by , it was a place that had very nice clothes and the people were great, always with a smile and treated everyone the same, nice, and on the other hand, I also knew one of the killers, I had met him some months before this had happen and he did not seem to be that type of person, he was living with a friend of mine with his child's mother, then she left him and I do not think that it was more than a few weeks later he and his brother committed the murders, two good men died that day and two more ended life as they knew it.

Do you remember the murder of Richard Long, a kid headed to college fresh out of high school , this was the first time that I had heard of cops beating someone to death, I was about 19 at the time and remember the trial and all, I remember how cocky the cops were, telling how they punched and kicked him, how the cops talked as if they were not going to found guilty, well they were but the time that they received did not fit the crime, but at least there was a conviction

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    How did you come by this thread? Were you looking something up on google?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information