Thread: Wire down; What a pain.

Wire down; What a pain.

I've had a wire down in my yard since Tuesday. It's connected to the pole in front of my house and dangling in my yard. The other end is dangling in my neighbor's yard and connected to another pole. It's of small diameter. I have all my services working.

I figured it was either a cable wire or telephone. Called Time Warner, they said someone would be out Thurs or Fri. Must not have been theirs. Wire is still there. Called Verizon (not a customer) this morning, they won't be out until Tues. That will be one week.

At this point, I'm ready to wrap that freakin' wire around someone's neck.

Georgia L Schlager

Verizon Sucks

I had an incident where Verizon had wires accross my rear yard..they were hanging low from the pole to the next pole in the neighbor's rear yard. I had planned on building a 2 car garage in the next few months, and the wires would interfere with the roof. The first time I called they insured me that someone would be out to look at the situation and correct it within a week. A few weeks later I poured the slab/foundation..the wires were still not raised. I let the slab cure for about a month, before I built, the wires were not moved. So I called back again, telling them the problem, they told me that again some one would be out. Now I'm getting a little upset because I DONT WANT THIS TO BE A REASON FOR THE ROUGHERS TO NOT ERECT THE GARAGE! I waited another week and nothing! The roughers were scheduled to begin building the garage soon and I had enough! I called back and told them that if the wires were not raised within a week , there would be customers without service, because I would personally cut the lines myself,where they hang low and would interfere with the roof line of the garage ...then they would have a good reason to come out and make the necessary repairs. The customer service lady told me that they would have me arrested and prosecuted for destroyong their equipment. I told her that this is the 3rd request over a 3 month period to raise the lines..and Im sure the judge would understand my actions due to my frustration with not getting any response to a timely request to reapir the problem. I told her she had 2 days to get someone out there or the cutting would begin! A crew was sent out the next day and the wires were raised about 6' higher.
    Sad that it went that far, but I would of made an issue and cut the lines if necessary!

Originally posted by joed:
    I had an incident where Verizon had wires accross my rear yard..they were hanging low from the pole to the next pole in the neighbor's rear yard. I had planned on building a 2 car garage in the next few months, and the wires would interfere with the roof. The first time I called they insured me that someone would be out to look at the situation and correct it within a week. A few weeks later I poured the slab/foundation..the wires were still not raised. I let the slab cure for about a month, before I built, the wires were not moved. So I called back again, telling them the problem, they told me that again some one would be out. Now I'm getting a little upset because I DONT WANT THIS TO BE A REASON FOR THE ROUGHERS TO NOT ERECT THE GARAGE! I waited another week and nothing! The roughers were scheduled to begin building the garage soon and I had enough! I called back and told them that if the wires were not raised within a week , there would be customers without service, because I would personally cut the lines myself,where they hang low and would interfere with the roof line of the garage ...then they would have a good reason to come out and make the necessary repairs. The customer service lady told me that they would have me arrested and prosecuted for destroyong their equipment. I told her that this is the 3rd request over a 3 month period to raise the lines..and Im sure the judge would understand my actions due to my frustration with not getting any response to a timely request to reapir the problem. I told her she had 2 days to get someone out there or the cutting would begin! A crew was sent out the next day and the wires were raised about 6' higher.
    Sad that it went that far, but I would of made an issue and cut the lines if necessary!
    Good for you, Joe. It's sad that it takes threats to get someone to take care of a reasonable request.

The line in front of my house is already split. Didn't see any of mine or my neighbors branches down. Have no idea what caused it. Unless a backhoe or something was driving on the shoulder and hit it. I don't know if anyone is out of service or not. But if it is not out of the way when it's time to mow again, I will have to cut the line myself to shorten it.

Georgia L Schlager

Thread Information