Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Experience dealing with Alan at Basil Toyota

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Good Experience dealing with Alan at Basil Toyota

I'm gonna review the new 2009 Toyota Tacoma Pickup. We shopped around but over all this guy was the nicest to deal with.

toyota 2009 Tacoma

Basil Toyota is located at 6179 South Transit Road in Lockport.. We also hit other dealers but ended up going back here. Alan Schmitt is the guy to see if your looking for a Toyota.

Seems like a nice truck out of the box...

This model has the access cab with two extra small seats for friends.

Toyota Tacoma Access Cab

Only confusion with the process was the rear view camera option (or not) that is mounted inside the handle that opens the pickup bed. It lets you see directly what is behind the bed of the truck.

All the dealers made it sound like it was now a standard and even showed us how it worked. I made a point of asking can we drop the camera to save some money and they said no. It's how the truck come. Its one of the "new" standard items on the Toyota Tacoma. Toyota believes in safety is exactly what one sales man said. Well this truck didn't have that standard included item but everything else was there. The camera is built into the back bed door but the rear view mirror has to be changed out for a few hundred more. I putzed around for 15 minutes trying to figure out why it wasn't turning on. Would have made a cool photo to show how it worked. Camera is there, wiring is there but it's a different rear view mirror.

Sale went smooth minus the last guy who did the money part.. The guy that tries to "upsell" you stuff. One comment that stuck out in my mind is "Usually only people who can't afford it pass on this" when it came to some of the warranty "service" packages.

He also wanted to go over the numbers to make sure we were taken care of. I was nice and said i'm sitting here with the check all filled out... cash me out. yet he wanted to go on and on...I wouldn't have been sitting there with money in hand if we didn't feel we were taken care of.

I saw where he was going to go with this. Just try to sell us more stuff. Warranty contracts and extras. Should have done that upfront not at the cashout.

Other than that I would recommend Alan Schmitt for your next new car.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I'll post some new kewl features later tonite...

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I can't believe the amount of sales tax we piss away on vehicle purchases. NYS elected leaders should be ashamed of themselves on how they waste our money. Yes waste it.

I don't know how it works at other dealers, but the finance people at Herr Ford were the worst I ever dealt with.
    One of the last times I got to the awful finance officer hard sell routine, I just stood up with my money and told him he just lost a sale. Surprising how fast that changes the whole complexion of the rest of the session.

Good luck with the new vehicle res!!

and yes, what a whopper of a kidney punch with the taxes!!!

Basil is legendary for their sales and service depts.

On the other hand, that big, over-advertised Toyota Dealer in the North Towns is known for their poorly trained unavailable salesman, a sub-par service department, and not honoring factory warranties.

If that's the 4 cyl. 2WD, I'm interested in the MPG, and what the deviation is from the sticker- the Feds have reportedly made the MPG rating more accurate. The 4 cyl. is rated at about 26 MPG. I believe the Tacoma has a rust-free composite bed, which is an idea that's long overdue.

If you plan on getting RustStop Treatment, NEVER have them spray under the hood. The chemical-oil treatment will seep down onto the chromed plastic front end components (grill, headlight buckets) and strip the chrome from the plastic within a few years. This is something that SChmitt's Garage doesn't tell you.
    Last edited by ChaneysGotaGun; September 21st, 2008 at 08:10 PM.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Well the window sticker states 20 in the city and 26 highway. Says expected range 22 to 30 MPG for most drivers depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle.

Came with the 2.7L c-Cyl 16 valve VVT-i Engine.

Toyota 4 Cyl Engine

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I believe the Tacoma has a rust-free composite bed, which is an idea that's long overdue.
    LONG over due...

Check this out...

No reason to coat it. It's all composite. They do make a nice rubber mat I might get. It would just make the bed softer when throwing stuff in the back

Toyota 2009 Tacoma

The complete bed is composite. So I guess small stones and stuff won't cause the bed to rust from underneath

Toyota 2009 Tacoma

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    A few thoughtful features are little storage compartments

Toyota 2009 Tacoma

A couple of tie down hooks mounted to the floor of the bed

Toyota 2009 Tacoma

And adjustable rail loops. The manual says they support up to 220lbs of tension.

You just unscrew the center and they slide along the rail where you need them. Pretty cool.

Toyota 2009 Tacoma

That's a sharp truck. The suicide doors for the extended cab are a great innovation for pickup trucks, imo. They make the extended part actually usable.

Standard or automatic transmission?
    One beautiful thing about having a government of the corporations, by the corporations, and for the corporations is that every disaster is measured in terms of economic loss. It's sort of like getting your arm sheared off in a car accident and thinking, "Damn, now it'll take longer to fold the laundry" as blood spurts from your arteries. - The Rude Pundit

The Basil organization is a great example of company that is run well, from the top on down.
    The family are a classy bunch.

Basil! Basil! Just great deals!

(is that what their song says?)

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by raoul duke
    That's a sharp truck. The suicide doors for the extended cab are a great innovation for pickup trucks, imo. They make the extended part actually usable.

Standard or automatic transmission?
    5 speed

toyota 5 speed

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    The suicide doors definitely make the truck useful. The passenger seat folds down.

toyota 2009 Tacoma

There are also storage compartments under most everything.

toyota 2009 Tacoma

Along with storage in the front and cup holders.

toyota 2009 Tacoma

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    On the other hand, that big, over-advertised Toyota Dealer in the North Towns is known for their poorly trained unavailable salesman, a sub-par service department, and not honoring factory warranties.
    Went there too if they are the ones right off the 290 near Millersport I think.

The Toyota scion XB we have has been awesome. If the truck is anything like the car we'll be very happy.

Unregistered
    Did you check out West-Herr Toyota?

They're the only Toyota dealership in the area with no BBB complaints in three years.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information