Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Town Budget

Quote Originally Posted by OldTymeRevival View Post
    I'd like to see the Town Supervisor, Board Members, Attorney, and Comptroller, look deeper and execute an order to have an independent audit that encompasses the full scope of the three entities.
    I thought that was what was being done over the first months of this new administration. If you review my past posts, I welcomed an audit/review or whatever you want to call it. I have said publish the results as an open letter to the town. The fact that it has not happened lends to thinking that your point of view is not supported by the numbers.
    But what would you care, you are no longer even a town resident. You can not even vote for the town board, let alone on a referendum.

It's not what was done!

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel View Post
    I thought that was what was being done over the first months of this new administration. If you review my past posts, I welcomed an audit/review or whatever you want to call it. I have said publish the results as an open letter to the town. The fact that it has not happened lends to thinking that your point of view is not supported by the numbers.
    But what would you care, you are no longer even a town resident. You can not even vote for the town board, let alone on a referendum.
    It was a town run review of departments, hardly an independent audit or forensic accounting. The "numbers" no doubt were either fudged, or those performing the review are too close to the situation.

Now, if you continue to harangue me about moving to OP the next time I see you I'm going to KYA, or if I'm in your dentists chair, worse. I mean it, Doc- I own property, pay taxes, and am invested in the town and community and don't need your editorializing my move. I'll tell you one thing- all my years voting in WS didn't make it any better, because it's still in a mess isn't it?!

BTW: I personally think downsizing the TB to three representatives won't make it a better board. The way in which the WS Supervisor and Board is set up is problematic, especially if you get three, four, or five persons who can't agree on almost anything and never seem to compromise. When its politics and personalities above principles then its a loss for the citizens of WS altogether. Argue that all you want- just take a look at this board!

I'll tell you one thing- all my years voting in WS didn't make it any better, because it's still in a mess isn't it?!
    I think WS was better before WP. Many things were done for the betterment of the town under PC, and I truly think he was looking toward a better WS. I say if cutting is Wally's buzz word, then show no favorites. Get rid of or down size everything including the WSPD and the hockey rink.

Another option!

Have it your way- don't debate Snow White on the principles (or lack thereof) she raises in his/her posts, but on his/her personality. I don't care if it's a smear or not, but I've spent too many years with the Burchfield not to see what's taken place around there and I believe and agree its time to shake up the status quo and start looking at the purported Americraps induced abuses that have/are taking place in the Youth Bureau and also the Burchfield.

But more than you two boneheads butting each other, I'd like to see the Town Supervisor, Board Members, Attorney, and Comptroller, look deeper and execute an order to have an independent audit that encompasses the full scope of the three entities. I think if Vince Graber and Christine Bove can hire an high priced law firm to fight his very constituent's on the referendum to downsize the Town Board they can hire an outside consultant to review this, too!
    OTR, you're on the right track but I have a better idea. ML's REAL boss is the Corporation for National & Community Service. Maybe they should be asked to come here and audit one of their programs. I'm sure they won't be too happy to see how ML is overspending on the grants and using monies in ways not favorable to the budgets set forth. Maybe its time to bring in the big guns, seeing as how the town board is pussyfooting around the Americorp.

Quote Originally Posted by snowwhite View Post
    Maybe its time to bring in the big guns, seeing as how the town board is pussyfooting around the Americorp.
    You make me laugh SnowWhite. You envision yourself as some powerful person who is going to stop pussy footing around and bring out your BIG GUN. Better still, call out the Seven Dwarfs.

You are obnoxious

You make me laugh SnowWhite. You envision yourself as some powerful person who is going to stop pussy footing around and bring out your BIG GUN. Better still, call out the Seven Dwarfs.
    Why don't you crawl back in your hole. You are one of the most obnoxious men. Anyone who is so sarcastic and nasty is either very unhappy or very frustrated. Why don't you take a break for awhile and stop responding? I'm sure it would make everyone feel better not to have to read your crap.

Why don't you crawl back in your hole. You are one of the most obnoxious men. Anyone who is so sarcastic and nasty is either very unhappy or very frustrated. Why don't you take a break for awhile and stop responding? I'm sure it would make everyone feel better not to have to read your crap.
    Funny, I was going to ask you the same thing, except I was too polite. You seem so so nasty. Frustrated is probably more like it. Somehow you were hurt because this is soooo personal to you. You are on a mission to hurt a living saint.
    As far as your asking me to not respond, that is not fair. If you were the butt of a smear, I would come to your aid, even without knowing you. And I told you how to get me to shut up, just offer some proof. Come on, it won't even take an hour of your time.

C'mon, Doc...

"You are on a mission to hurt a living saint." Are you totally out of your mind, Doc- living saint?! It's laughable, if not ludicrous. You see "sainthood" in a man with questionable ethics (its not enough to just do good works, you know!) and in the same breath attack another person, whom you know very little, for speaking his/her truth. You really are a rotten bastard.

You see "sainthood" in a man with questionable ethics (its not enough to just do good works, you know!) and in the same breath attack another person, whom you know very little, for speaking his/her truth. You really are a rotten bastard.
    Let's see, you have used the words bastard, bully, bonehead, flake, ahole, going to Kick My Ass, and more with regard to me. You continually reference Doc even though I practically asked everyone not to. As far as attack another person, I have only asked her to prove what she claims. You have had a town review, there are minutes of board meetings to reference, and DT is able to post legal actions on the web, why not her. I do not see that as an attack. As far as sainthood, many saints were executed. Joan of Arc was burned at the stake. ML is a remarkable person. He started a susttainable Americorp chapter when many others have failed. Your beloved Burchfield is an offshoot of Americorp......

Sustainable???

Let's see, you have used the words bastard, bully, bonehead, flake, ahole, going to Kick My Ass, and more with regard to me. You continually reference Doc even though I practically asked everyone not to. As far as attack another person, I have only asked her to prove what she claims. You have had a town review, there are minutes of board meetings to reference, and DT is able to post legal actions on the web, why not her. I do not see that as an attack. As far as sainthood, many saints were executed. Joan of Arc was burned at the stake. ML is a remarkable person. He started a susttainable Americorp chapter when many others have failed. Your beloved Burchfield is an offshoot of Americorp......
    +++++

Not to the tune of nearly 2.5 million owed to the Town!

And go as Paul Clark and Jackie Albarella the true and whole history of the Burchfields beginning. Your wife should know too, so ask her.

As for DT- he's not weighing in and posting on this thread, so give it up. Your conhinued reference to him just fills space and wastes time- stick to the discussion. And as long as Snow White is not interested in providing you any more than he/she has, then look it up yourself. Let someone else do the leg work- just stop repeating your same mantra. Do you have any idea of how annoying and maddening you are? It's no wonder you stay up alone half the night as seeing around these message boards!

You are on a mission to hurt a living saint.
    My first reaction upon reading this was almost throwing up in my mouth. Then I thought(hoped) a tongue was firmly planted in the cheek with such a remark being made by you.

Now I know better, Manuel you have gone over the edge. It is an obsession of a most unhealthy kind you hold for Mark Lazzara. You actually do him an injustice with this type of almost morbid defense. It borders of worshipping at an alter of a false God when you dare compare someone, as you succinctly have, to all true Saints. You have blasphemed them all with such an assinine remark. The term "they would turn in thier grave" has never been more applicable in these threads, to the best of my knowledge, than now, If you are a God fearing man, you should pray for forgiveness.

In my humble opinion, you are not a well person.
    Last edited by Spirit of Ebenezer; October 15th, 2008 at 08:28 PM.
    A remark should only hurt within it's proportion of what is true.

Iagree with SOE

Manuel,
    Now I know there is something wrong with you and your thinking. You attack me because I inform you of what is going on. You can take it or leave it-that's up to you. But as soon as I write about ML in any way, you go nuts. I'm not saying that you have to agree with me but I have a right to my opinion and what I know for fact. I feel people need to know what is going on so they can make decisions based on fact. If you don't like, then don't reply to me. Its as simple as that.

I feel people need to know what is going on so they can make decisions based on fact. If you don't like, then don't reply to me. Its as simple as that.
    Don't you get it????
    How would I know what you say is indeed fact. In fact, it probably isn't, and should not be considered so unless proven otherwise. This forum can be a gossip mill, or it can be something more. It is intellectually lazy not to even try to backup your statements. The way you and OTR work, you lay anything out and say believe me, or go on a wild goose chase to disprove me.
    Why not start by proving the 2.5-3 million dollar claim, that should be an easy assignment.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit of Ebenezer View Post
    In my humble opinion, you are not a well person.
    In my second life I hope to be a defense attorney.

As for DT- he's not weighing in and posting on this thread, so give it up. Your conhinued reference to him just fills space and wastes time- stick to the discussion.
    I did not expect DT to come to my defense. I was merely using him as an example of an 'A' poster, and Snow White as a 'C' poster or worse.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information