Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Town Budget

Mis-informed again!

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel
    He runs an organization that provides work to about 600 young people. He is underpaid.
    This is where you don't know what you are talking about. The $82K is town tax payers money. He shouldn't get paid to run an Americorp program on town funds. The town board has decided to separate itself from Americorp, so his salary should come from them and not us! He was told inthe beginning of the year, that his salary would be $20K for running the youth bureau. That seems a fair price for what he is doing for the town. Let the grants pick up the rest of his salary. NOW DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE SITUATION?!

Yes, and....

He runs an organization that provides work to about 600 young people. He is underpaid.
    Let Americorps pay him, then! Tell me why WS should pay him for his Americorps employees/members? If he's being paid as Youth Bureau Director, pay me commensurate with that, do not convolute the two entities.

Are you stupid?

I grew up in Amherst. I lived for five years in OP. My business and residence are in WS. I would not think of posting on the Amherst or OP blog because I do not have standing even though my parents still live in Amherst. Obviiously, I can not stop you from posting in WS forum, but it just seems strange that a person who moved their residence AND business out of the town should think their opinion should have standing. Obviously, you voted with your feet. Good for you. Now that you have done so, why not tell the OP and Buffalo people what you think on their forum. You can teach your mother how to post, and I would love to hear what she has to say on the WS Forum. You, not so much. You give the impression of a sour puss.
    All things considered- I'm happy. But you do not seem to be.

http://www.speakupwny.com/forums/sho...ighlight=bitty

+++++

Number one, Doc, don't tell me where I can or should post. I post here because I have an opinion- do you understand that? Two, I also own property here and pay taxes on it, so my concerns about this town's budgets and departments are not only on my radar screen, but of real importance to me. Three- my Mother and I sat at the computer right after yesterday's town board meeting and co-posted our concerns.

My doctor, dentist (now guess who he is, a-hole!), bank and car mechanic are all here in town, too- I just spend my nights in OP now!

Quote Originally Posted by OldTymeRevival
    +++++

Number one, Doc, don't tell me where I can or should post. I post here because I have an opinion- do you understand that? Two, I also own property here and pay taxes on it, so my concerns about this town's budgets and departments are not only on my radar screen, but of real importance to me. Three- my Mother and I sat at the computer right after yesterday's town board meeting and co-posted our concerns.

My doctor, dentist (now guess who he is, a-hole!), bank and car mechanic are all here in town, too- I just spend my nights in OP now!
    First off, I have never devulged my identity on this board. The fact that you happen to know who I am is unfortunate. To be fair, PM me your identity so we can be even.
    Second, you say you have financial interest in the town because you say you own something is suspect. You seem to have divested EVERYTHING of economic importance to you within WS: your residence and business.
    Third, you can't seem to let go. Once you have moved physicially, it is time to move mentally. You have a new life in OP. There are many nice people there. I suggest Welcome Wagon. It will help you get into the fabric of the town.
    Fourth, good for your mother that she is entering the computer age. I look forward to her indepent opinions. Maybe she can take the name OTR2.
    Fifth, a-hole is a bit strong don't you think. I would not dream of calling you such. What happened to your pedutie or whatever. Perhaps Fisher's comment was a bit strong, but it was not mine.

Quote Originally Posted by snowwhite
    NOW DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE SITUATION?!
    I understand the situation, but you don't. WS gets paid back in kind many times what it's cost for Americorp. Plus, it brings money into the area, employs many young people in a tight economic environment, and on and on.

Mr. Obama said tonight that he wants to double the Peace Corp. Presumably, that also means Americorp. These are quasi federal agencies. They are not going away, they are only going to be expanded similar to those make work agencies under FDR.

You are nuts, Doc!

First off, I have never devulged my identity on this board. The fact that you happen to know who I am is unfortunate. To be fair, PM me your identity so we can be even.
    Second, you say you have financial interest in the town because you say you own something is suspect. You seem to have divested EVERYTHING of economic importance to you within WS: your residence and business.
    Third, you can't seem to let go. Once you have moved physicially, it is time to move mentally. You have a new life in OP. There are many nice people there. I suggest Welcome Wagon. It will help you get into the fabric of the town.
    Fourth, good for your mother that she is entering the computer age. I look forward to her indepent opinions. Maybe she can take the name OTR2.
    Fifth, a-hole is a bit strong don't you think. I would not dream of calling you such. What happened to your pedutie or whatever. Perhaps Fisher's comment was a bit strong, but it was not mine.
    The fact that I own something in WS is suspect??? None of your business, but I still own my business property, which hold several small businesses- it's my nest egg, smarty pants. And my Mother owns her home on Clinton St- right around the corner from the Burchfield and my involvement there has been long running.

I think you're pretty much an idiot and there's no way I'm going to reveal my identity to you- you may also be a borderline psycho, I think. Just my personal opinion- but nonetheless, you're a good dentist.

No, you don't understand

I understand the situation, but you don't. WS gets paid back in kind many times what it's cost for Americorp. Plus, it brings money into the area, employs many young people in a tight economic environment, and on and on.

Mr. Obama said tonight that he wants to double the Peace Corp. Presumably, that also means Americorp. These are quasi federal agencies. They are not going away, they are only going to be expanded similar to those make work agencies under FDR.
    West Seneca gets nothing from Americorp but debt. They do work in the city and when was the last time they did anything for West Seneca but put us in debt to the tune of over 2 million dollars and have made no attempt to pay any of it back as of this writing. People are worried about saving $60K by reducing the TB, but if they got rid of Americorp, they would save millions! I think the program is great, so don't get me wrong, but the administration, namely Mark Lazzarao is using the program for his own personal gain.

1. The fact Manny saved my comment from weeks, if not months ago is strange.
    2. Lazzara doesn't employ or manage 600 people.
    3. Lazzara is paid with town funds, and ALL of his work should benefit the town.
    4. $82,000 a year plus benefits? That's more than $60,000 a year right? So why isn't spotlight ranger Gaughan or Lucky Lar interested in downsizing Lazzara and saving even more of our money while keeping our representation the same?

ManHugging Again?

Quote Originally Posted by FisherRd
    1. The fact Manny saved my comment from weeks, if not months ago is strange.
    I do not save your comments, I just have a memory as to what has been said, like you authoring the terms of service, or calling someone retard, crazy, or in this case biddy. Then you use advanced search, using individual in question (you), and search for key word "biddy". In the case of your claiming to have authored the "terms of service", I would do the same using "terms of service" or "toe". In fact at the time, you said I was "manhug"ing you, I said no, I simply had a good memory. You said Niagara had a good memory. I could easily find that thread and posting using the word "memory". The software would even highlight the word 'memory' in red.
    When quoting someone, you find their statement, do a quote, do a highlight/copy, then go back to the thread of interest, paste/edit, and send. There is nothing strange, crazy, or stalking here, just the simple knowledge and interest in figuring out how to use the software. In fact, I think the words crazy, psycho, nuts, etc are far too easily used here by 'anonymous' posters who seem to get away with using them. I would love to use strong language myself except I have already been banned for life under Niagara, temporarily banned once under Manuel, and everybody knows who I am which leaves me with the options of not posting at all, or holding my tongue and taking the abuse. Actually, I liked the name Niagara much better than Manuel.

It's been a while.........
    Last edited by Spirit of Ebenezer; October 9th, 2008 at 09:20 PM.
    A remark should only hurt within it's proportion of what is true.

Quote Originally Posted by OldTymeRevival
    but nonetheless, you're a good dentist.
    Respectfully to the poster, this type of olive branch overture falls flat to me when considering the "good dentist" is often posting in the very wee hours of weekday mornings and on the very next weekday is continuing with his "business".

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit of Ebenezer
    Respectfully to the poster, this type of olive branch overture falls flat to me when considering the "good dentist" is often posting in the very wee hours of weekday mornings and on the very next weekday is continuing with his "business".
    What ticks me off is the liberty people feel they have in commenting on my identity, work, work habits, even the time of my postings. I have for the most part enjoyed participating on this forum, but probably the most disappointing part of it has been this lack of respect of my identity, or even that my identity should be an interest. I would love to know who you people are, and what you do, but alas, even if I were to be told I am sure SOE's identity would ring no bell.

Okay,...relax....I apologize. I should respect your privacy. But, you initially came in hear all gangbuster-like as the former Niagara ranting like a lunatic with your over the top defending of M.L. and ended up being censored, as you admit, in here. Because of your behavior, you opened yourself up to the scrutiny that followed. As far as to who I am, you're right, you wouldn't have a clue if you knew who I am. But back in the early '80's you tended to my teeth.
    Last edited by Spirit of Ebenezer; October 11th, 2008 at 12:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by snowwhite
    Has anyone looked closely at the budget-because if you do, you will see downsizing in every department but the Youth Bureau. Department heads are not getting a raise this year, but Mr. Lazzaro is. He has more new budget lines than ever before. What gives! Do you think he made a deal with Bove to help her advance her political career by getting Mark Schroeder to support her. Schroeder thinks that Lazzaro walks on water. He would do anything to help him out. So the deal goes like this-Bove supports Lazzaro and Scroeder supports Bove! Simple math but it sucks for the town of WS because we are paying this man $82K for running a department with 2 employees. And everyone is worried about saving $60K by removing 2 town board members. People wake-up!
    Snow; what gives with this baseless smear? What in your mind is the budget process? My understanding is that the current budget proposal that is linked to in this thread was prepared by Supervisor Piotrowski. How does Bove get splattered by your lack of knowledge?

Its Not Baseless

If you go back to the begining of the year, you will find that Bove stated that Americorp should be separate from the town. She wanted to make sure that the town wasn't responsible for their actions. Well, a normal person wouldn't do a 100% turnaround in less than 6 months and now want to help Americorp in any way she can. What caused her to do that? If you know the answer, please tell all of us. The way I hear is that Mark did her a favor and she did Mark a favor by supporting him. And if you remember, Wally does not have the majority any longer so its useless to fight to bring Lazzaro under control because he will be voted down every time.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information