Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 103.3 - Sucks

103.3 - Sucks

Ok, so some people don't like Opie & Anthony. Fine. I am so/so with them, and like a bit of sophomoric humor in the morning, but - whatever.

I do, however, think 103.3 made a HUGE error in taking them off of the air. If they wanted to get rid of them or cut costs, thats one thing - but they had NOTHING to take their place. They have "bull radio" in the morning right now. Are you kidding me? Some guy sitting on the radio and reading the Buffalo News to himself while he tries to be witty and funny.

This radio station built up for a month this "fresh, edgy new morning show that everyone in Buffalo is asking for." What we we got instead is some washed-up DJ playing the same Metallica songs all morning while he offers his own idiotic comments about what is in the paper. I can't wait for football season when this throw-away can sit on the radio for FOUR HOURS and talk about a game anyone who cared an ounce watched the day before for FOUR HOURS.

Maybe he can even dig up Fred Smearlas to call in the morning.

I don't think 103.3 realized that their "fresh, edgy new morning show" exists on every other freaking radio station in Buffalo... and that the audience of Bike Week, Armchair Quarterbacks, and guys who go to strip clubs and drink pitchers of Blue Light is already covered by every other radio station out there.

Thank you.
    PS - Did I use the "Speakout Here" thread properly?

I must have missed the witty and funny part from Bull. His show has no wit, no humor, no anything. Can't blame him. He's doing what he's told by the corporation. It seems he was thrown in there as a fill in until the bigwigs come up with another one of their stellar ideas for morning radio. Right now the CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY doesn't care too much for radio in Buffalo. Piss on them!

justKel
    Wow, a guy who actually prefers syndicated crap to a local personality. Methinks you're not going to get a lot of sympathy from people on this website.

Quote Originally Posted by justKel
    Wow, a guy who actually prefers syndicated crap to a local personality. Methinks you're not going to get a lot of sympathy from people on this website.
    Per my previous posts, one can deduce that my level of care for the opinion of those on this board is not there.

With that said... I'd love to hear some local talk if they could discuss anything other than:
    The Bills game yesterday.
    The Bills game next week.
    Who is injured in the Bills games.
    Which Bills player was seen on Chippewa the night before the game.
    Lindy Ruff.
    The Sabres pre season
    The Sabres post season.
    Fred Smearlas
    Zubazz
    Metallica.
    Darien Lake
    Jim Kelly
    The Bills recruiting efforts.
    Chippewa
    "Staying up all night and boozing even though I'm a 45 year old slob who shouldn't be anywhere near the people who actually go out all night."

And so on.

Do I hear a speakup radio station coming?
    Then I can hear about:
    -Why the old depew people are worse than the new ones.
    -Why the new politicians in Cheektowaga are as bad as the old new, because they're the old old.
    -Frivolous Lawsuits.
    -Arguements about political parties that dont' matter, and no one cares about.
    -Everyone elses opinion but my own.

I'm sorry, I'm tired of Buffalo radio. It's become just washed up, pathetic, and stale.

I bought a Sirius. I'd rather listen to a syndicated DJ than a local one, because there really isn't anyone around here that I'm willing to waste my brain cells listening to.

It's too bad, Buffalo used to be THE PLACE for radio. Many great DJ's started their careers here. Now look at it.

Shredd and Regan should go back to mornings on the Edge. They are, to me, the only ones worthy of my ears. They're the ones that everyone else in the area "Borrowed" from.
    http://www.buffaloreuse.org/~kool aid free zone~

the edge is,along with 1400 solid gold soul,the only buffalo stations that i can listen to.......and i despised O&A...glad they're gone...

Quote Originally Posted by keyboard150
    I'm sorry, I'm tired of Buffalo radio. It's become just washed up, pathetic, and stale. I bought a Sirius. I'd rather listen to a syndicated DJ than a local one, because there really isn't anyone around here that I'm willing to waste my brain cells listening to.
    Sadly enough, this isn't just Buffalo's problem anymore. CFNY has sucked ever since Alan Cross got fired/promoted/rehired. My car gets lousy FM reception, so the only thing I listen to is Shredd and Ragan. And I don't miss what I can't get.

Quote Originally Posted by RagnarThePirate

Do I hear a speakup radio station coming?
    Then I can hear about:
    -Why the old depew people are worse than the new ones.
    -Why the new politicians in Cheektowaga are as bad as the old new, because they're the old old.
    -Frivolous Lawsuits.
    -Arguements about political parties that dont' matter, and no one cares about.
    -Everyone elses opinion but my own.
    True. The behavior of the regulars on this board can be quite trite, xenophobic and narrow minded.

What the hell is Citadel thinking with "Bull Radio?" There's no way that his nauseating "show" can be bringing in anything close to what the O&A Show did. Sure, Bull is probably paid in heavy metal CD's and Big Macs, and O&A cost a couple hundred grand per year, but 103.3 is loosing more of it's sponsors and listeners every day.

I guess it's time for another idiotic contest to drum up some listeners, similar to ones that 97 Rock does each week.

Citadel should look into broadcasting The Adam Corolla Show. The original Man Show co-host has a syndicated show out of LA. He currently has 13 markets.

Having been in radio in the Buffalo area in the past and having also partnered with CFNY, I left broadcasting due to its evolution from communication to broadcasting to real estate. That's all it is, folks, real estate. Anyone who got Sirius or other music delivery systems have a far better chance at good entertainment. And, don't forget, we also still have NPR on WBFO, an excellent choice on the dial.

I just wish local radio would have music in the morning
    or well, I usually just listen to my mp3 player on the morning drive
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

Quote Originally Posted by justKel
    I would take Howard Stern over any semi-talented local radio schlock any day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by MERL J
    And, don't forget, we also still have NPR on WBFO, an excellent choice on the dial.
    IMO, WBFO is infinitely preferable to the NPR content they play.

Bear with me a second here- NPR certainly has it's use, and from time to time, it does indeed accomplish something. And before I start my rant, let me preface this by saying all the other options, including TV, also suck. Just in different directions.

NPR is the feeding agar on which the guilty, middle-class white liberal bacteria propagate. I cringe when I hear some of the reporting. They've even got reporters with ethnically correct names for some things- which might be convenient but it might be false, given Nikolas Andreadakkis' Brooklyn accent he's working oh so hard to hide.

There's a lot of nastiness going on around the world- China displaces 30,000 people and destroys 5,000 homes to build the Olympic birdcage, with no compensation...The price of food has skyrocketed....The cost of oil in US dollars quadrupled in 4 years but only doubled in Euros...NPR spends 5 minutes of airtime discussing some artisté that used wound brass instead of cast brass for his sculptures! Get it? It's a Major Achievement in artistry! Didn't know that? Just act like you do!

It's a radio broadcast of 'stuffwhitepeoplelike.com', only dumbed down/up depending on whether you're driving a Prius or a Chevy. In that order.

The whole thing strikes me as a bastion of political correctness- all fluff with no substance.

Ok, sorry, back to our original thread.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig

Bear with me a second here- NPR certainly has it's use, and from time to time, it does indeed accomplish something. And before I start my rant, let me preface this by saying all the other options, including TV, also suck. Just in different directions.

NPR is the feeding agar on which the guilty, middle-class white liberal bacteria propagate. I cringe when I hear some of the reporting. They've even got reporters with ethnically correct names for some things- which might be convenient but it might be false, given Nikolas Andreadakkis' Brooklyn accent he's working oh so hard to hide.

There's a lot of nastiness going on around the world- China displaces 30,000 people and destroys 5,000 homes to build the Olympic birdcage, with no compensation...The price of food has skyrocketed....The cost of oil in US dollars quadrupled in 4 years but only doubled in Euros...NPR spends 5 minutes of airtime discussing some artisté that used wound brass instead of cast brass for his sculptures! Get it? It's a Major Achievement in artistry! Didn't know that? Just act like you do!

It's a radio broadcast of 'stuffwhitepeoplelike.com', only dumbed down/up depending on whether you're driving a Prius or a Chevy. In that order.

The whole thing strikes me as a bastion of political correctness- all fluff with no substance.

While I may not agree with your whole opinion on NPR, I certainly agree on the BFO programming. Excellent for our area!

Quote Originally Posted by MERL J
    While I may not agree with your whole opinion on NPR, I certainly agree on the BFO programming. Excellent for our area!
    bert gambini??....awful...unlistenable!!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stig

NPR has great news coverage. Are you related to Jeff Foxworthy?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information