Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I wonder what their fridge looks like

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Tony Fracasso - Admin

I wonder what their fridge looks like

You wouldn't believe how filthy some peoples computers are. I have been saving photos of dusty computers..... I think one day I'll post them all up.

Dusty Computer fan

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    You wouldn't believe how filthy some peoples computers are. I have been saving photos of dusty computers..... I think one day I'll post them all up.

Dusty Computer fan
    Who cleans computers? The only time I ever blow mine out is when I open it up to put in a board or such.

b.b.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by BorderBob
    Who cleans computers? The only time I ever blow mine out is when I open it up to put in a board or such.

b.b.
    I do... a lot of people do. They act as dust collectors.

As long as you don't find any year old Chinese food way in the back, you'll be ok
    If that computer is looking for a date, I've got a baseboard that has similar features.

Quote Originally Posted by BorderBob

b.b.
    And how many people actually do that? Or, knew that they should?
    Should we?
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

I clean mine every couple months
    more frequently in the summer, especially in my new (to me) house since the pc is upstairs and I don't have central AC yet
    if I don't keep the cpu heatsink clean my temperature alarm will go off while playing games
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

Thats nothing the place I work at used to be a foundry and has a lot of black dust. One day I had to open up a server that we had running for years and found about a inch of black dirt in the case and on the mother and daughter boards.
    If you walk around in a forest with your eyes closed you will eventually walk in to a tree.

2 + 2 = 5

Jesus died for your sins I do it for your mere entertainment dollar (Doug Stanhope)

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Gees the fans don't seem to be cooling my computer anymore...

Dusty Computer

What's that smell once my computer warms up?

Dusty Computer

I don't know what is wrong. It just gets really warm....

Dusty Computer

Every disk I try to use stops working.

Dusty Computer

Dusty Computer

Dusty Computer

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident

Dusty Computer fan
    You dare call that filthy? I recently serviced a P2 box someone had bought new. Total times opened 0. Problem: Wouldn't power up. Solution: remove 4inches of dust off CPU Fan Heatsink stack, remove glorp from PSU. Replace PSU, shop-vac bench area, floor, everything. End: Impression of Bigfoot ended by removing articles of clothing and being forced to shower to remove glorp covering self.

Almost as good as the "My Computer acts weird, Help!" to find issue - 19,000+ Read Errors on S.M.A.R.T. tag of HDD.

Oh the fun.

justKel
    Yum.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post

I'm sure mine is bad but not THAT bad. Mine is cat hair, LOL! If I was able I'd get down there & clean it, however..................
    Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.
    Plato

We have a medium-hair cat, so I only have to clean the computer on the days that end in 'Y'
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. No one is entitled to their own facts.

I clean the outside but I dont take it apart and clean the inside. I didn't even think too. I hope I get the outside before i have to worry about the inside. I am always afraid if I let the back get to duty and filled with dog hair that it's a fire hazard.
    “Two percent of the people think; three percent of the people think they think; and ninety-five percent of the people would rather die than think.”

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Everyone should always peek inside and check the fans.... heat will ruin your computer.

I'm guilty of not cleaning the inside of my tower, I figure my IS will be obsolete before the dust and fans burn it out.... Now what about laptops ?
    And He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 16:15
    www.onlinemedia.net - www.vinyl-graphics.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information