Thread: Life Alert services

Life Alert services

I have been searching for life alert services for my Mother. I am wondering if anyone can recommend any, as I am finding many negative comments about the most common Life Alert Service. I am not looking for a security system, just the bracelet she can wear and a responsible and respected carrier.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Call Doyle Security. My mother has a lifeline system through them. It's cheaper per month that the actual Lifeline System shown on TV.

Doyle Security Systems & Locksmiths
    81 Benbro Dr Ste 400
    Buffalo, NY 14225-4851
    Local: 716-685-5700
    My music is the expression of my soul. If my song is censored, I'll sing it loud somewhere else.

I check them out. Thank you for the information.

I WILL check them out. Just I missed a word.

I am more concerned about the reliability than the price. After researching these companies, most of the reputations are poor.

Thank you again though because I haven't heard of this one.

Let me know what you find out. I'm interested in know that too. Up to this point she has not had to use it although I know that she did mistakenly hit the button once when she was in the basement and they called immediately to check on her.
    My music is the expression of my soul. If my song is censored, I'll sing it loud somewhere else.

My mom has Life Line. It's a wristwatch styled alarm she can press if she falls (which she has, numerous times). There is a speaker box located under the table in her living room and they ask "Rita Miller, are you okay?". They then call for help, if necessary. It's a great relief to know they're there. It's only $15 per month.
    “Never doubt that the work of a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” - Margaret Mead

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Miller
    My mom has Life Line. It's a wristwatch styled alarm she can press if she falls (which she has, numerous times). There is a speaker box located under the table in her living room and they ask "Rita Miller, are you okay?". They then call for help, if necessary. It's a great relief to know they're there. It's only $15 per month.
    That is how the system through Doyle works except it is a necklace version. When she talked to Lifeline she was told the monthly fee was $60. Does your mother have a portion paid by Medicare or other type of insurance?

Quote Originally Posted by 4music
    Call Doyle Security. My mother has a lifeline system through them. It's cheaper per month that the actual Lifeline System shown on TV.

Doyle Security Systems & Locksmiths
    81 Benbro Dr Ste 400
    Buffalo, NY 14225-4851
    Local: 716-685-5700
    my mom has this one also , it's worn around the neck , they actually call once/twice a day (& scare the heck out of her ) just to see how she's doing..........
    Nothing gold can stay...............

www.onlinebuffalo.com

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by winfield31
    my mom has this one also , it's worn around the neck , they actually call once/twice a day (& scare the heck out of her ) just to see how she's doing..........

My Mom refuses to wear one around her neck but has agreed to the bracelet, so I have to go that route.

I've heard the same about the carrier calling daily and I'm sure if this would happen my Mother would say cancel it. She has all of her facilities, just shaky on her feet and has took 2 falls within two weeks, breaking her nose one, and a lot of brusing. I am trying to set everything up so she can stay in her home, everything on one floor ( still working on the washer and dryer ).

I've requested information from 3 places, so I will let people know what I think. When I looked this up on the internet there were numerous consumer complaints which was a red flag for me, so I simply want the most reliable one. Plus I do not want a 5 years contract if possible, and want to be able to cancel if I am not satisified. Seems these carriers are more than happy to talk to you to sell their product, but if there is a problem, well it is like the cable companies.....you just get the run around. So trying to avoid any potential problems from the get go. Plus we do not need a security system, which seems to be part of a package deal....you know, like Time Warner, phone, internet, and TV. I think a few of these companies make more money on selling the elderly things they do not need rather than the Life Line which they are requesting.

She has insurance, and Medicare, so possibly some may be paid by this. I'll know more next week.

Did you need a script by the doctors? I never thought of that till now, but sure we can get one as well.

CR was it the Doyle Security one that you read about customer complaints? The one my mom has is a "security system" in that Doyle told my mother if she hears any suspicious noises during the day or night she could just press the necklace button and they would answer and call 911. Please let me know what you find out. I am interested. Thanks for your efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by 4music
    CR was it the Doyle Security one that you read about customer complaints? The one my mom has is a "security system" in that Doyle told my mother if she hears any suspicious noises during the day or night she could just press the necklace button and they would answer and call 911. Please let me know what you find out. I am interested. Thanks for your efforts.
    my mom has the same system...........no complaints except they scare the daylights out of her once in awhile when they call but she's getting used to this

www.onlinebuffalo.com

Doyle and others

Below is an email I received from Doyle last week. I have found no negative comments and no complaints from the BBB either.

It appears after receiving information from Life Line, Life Watch USA, Life Phone, Life Station and the Plus Medical Alert System associated with CVS pharmacy, Doyle does seem to me to be the most reliable. There were MANY hidden costs associated with many of the above companies as well.

I urge anyone who is looking into these systems to ask not only about the monthly fee, but about contracts, equipment costs ( necklace, bracelet, boxes, even BATTERIES.....YES) installlation, anything that you would think may just come with the system. I've seen prices as high as 500 dollars for all of the equipment, plus service calls, installation, ect. Also, stay away from their so called plans....Plan 1, Plan 2, Plan 3. trust me, research, research, and research more. After receiving this information I now see why the costs vary as they do and why so many seniors are stuck with high payments, and sometimes not the services they wanted as well. Check the BBB for complaints as well.

I had not known about Doyle until you members brought it up, so thank you very much for doing so. I also like that there is a local office as well.

Thank you for your request for information on the medical alert. The cost is $29.95/mo for the monthly monitoring, no installation or activation charges and no long term contracts. The panic button is interchangeable between the necklace and wristband so we can provide her with a wristband. The panic button is also waterproof and there is a 32-hour battery backup in case the power does go out. The base unit has a speaker system so your mother would be able to talk to us over the speaker system to let us know what is wrong and we can call someone on her call list if she needs assistance.

I will send you a brochure today and if you have any additional questions, please give us a call.

Diane Simpson | Sales Administrator
    e. diane.simpson@GoDoyle.com
    web www.GoDoyle .com
    Licensed by N.Y. State Department of State
    Lic. # 12000084040

Thank you guys once again. Hopefully I will have this set up and going by next week for my Mother.

Quote Originally Posted by Concerned Resident
    Below is an email I received from Doyle last week. I have found no negative comments and no complaints from the BBB either.

It appears after receiving information from Life Line, Life Watch USA, Life Phone, Life Station and the Plus Medical Alert System associated with CVS pharmacy, Doyle does seem to me to be the most reliable. There were MANY hidden costs associated with many of the above companies as well.

I urge anyone who is looking into these systems to ask not only about the monthly fee, but about contracts, equipment costs ( necklace, bracelet, boxes, even BATTERIES.....YES) installlation, anything that you would think may just come with the system. I've seen prices as high as 500 dollars for all of the equipment, plus service calls, installation, ect. Also, stay away from their so called plans....Plan 1, Plan 2, Plan 3. trust me, research, research, and research more. After receiving this information I now see why the costs vary as they do and why so many seniors are stuck with high payments, and sometimes not the services they wanted as well. Check the BBB for complaints as well.

I had not known about Doyle until you members brought it up, so thank you very much for doing so. I also like that there is a local office as well.

Thank you for your request for information on the medical alert. The cost is $29.95/mo for the monthly monitoring, no installation or activation charges and no long term contracts. The panic button is interchangeable between the necklace and wristband so we can provide her with a wristband. The panic button is also waterproof and there is a 32-hour battery backup in case the power does go out. The base unit has a speaker system so your mother would be able to talk to us over the speaker system to let us know what is wrong and we can call someone on her call list if she needs assistance.

I will send you a brochure today and if you have any additional questions, please give us a call.

Diane Simpson | Sales Administrator
    e. diane.simpson@GoDoyle.com
    web www.GoDoyle .com
    Licensed by N.Y. State Department of State
    Lic. # 12000084040

Thank you guys once again. Hopefully I will have this set up and going by next week for my Mother.
    Great , God bless you & esp. your mom !!

www.onlinebuffalo.com

That's great to hear your findings on the Doyle system. I asked my mom if they call her every day and she said no. The only time they called was when she leaned up against the button.

Good luck to you and you mother. And thanks again for doing all the research.

Thread Information