Thread: Mercy moves on $32M ER

Mercy moves on $32M ER

Mercy Hospital of Buffalo is moving ahead with plans for a new $32 million emergency department, with approval Aug. 6 by the State Hospital Review and Planning Council in Albany.

The hospital, part of the Catholic Health System, plans to break ground later this year on the 46,000-square-foot addition. The project will triple the size of the existing ER facility and enhance emergency services.

The project will also address a growing need: In recent years, emergency room visits at the site have increased steadily, including more than 37,000 patients in 2007. Another 30,000 visited the Mercy Ambulatory Care Center in Orchard Park.

http://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/s...l?surround=lfn
    People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

South Buffalo Mercy's ER has been overwhelmed for years (speaking from exprerience.) It's one of the busiest ERs aside from ECMC.
    One beautiful thing about having a government of the corporations, by the corporations, and for the corporations is that every disaster is measured in terms of economic loss. It's sort of like getting your arm sheared off in a car accident and thinking, "Damn, now it'll take longer to fold the laundry" as blood spurts from your arteries. - The Rude Pundit

Quote Originally Posted by raoul duke
    South Buffalo Mercy's ER has been overwhelmed for years (speaking from exprerience.) It's one of the busiest ERs aside from ECMC.
    I hate that place............................................. .............

I have never had a good experience in that hospital.

The only good thing about it is the fourth floor, and if youre on the elevator and the doors open on the fourth floor - it looks like you are in the land of oz, nothing like the rest of the hospital..........
    Colleen
    Realtor

Visit My Website

Quote Originally Posted by CAugust
    I hate that place............................................. .............

I have never had a good experience in that hospital.

The only good thing about it is the fourth floor, and if youre on the elevator and the doors open on the fourth floor - it looks like you are in the land of oz, nothing like the rest of the hospital..........
    I can't complain about the place, they've helped my pain, and that of other loved ones, more than a few times in my short life. The 4th floor is the CCU, right?
    One beautiful thing about having a government of the corporations, by the corporations, and for the corporations is that every disaster is measured in terms of economic loss. It's sort of like getting your arm sheared off in a car accident and thinking, "Damn, now it'll take longer to fold the laundry" as blood spurts from your arteries. - The Rude Pundit

Quote Originally Posted by raoul duke
    I can't complain about the place, they've helped my pain, and that of other loved ones, more than a few times in my short life. The 4th floor is the CCU, right?
    maybe I had the floors wrong, I thought the fourth floor was maternity.....the doors open and you think you are on another planet, its very very nice and clean.....

I personally can't say that about the other floors or the care or service, I find it very degrading in that place,.....and stinky and dirty........

however I am glad that you had good experiences thier for your own sake!
    Colleen
    Realtor

Visit My Website

Where will the money come from?

Any one know where the Catholic Health Care System will get the 32 Million to fund the project?
    Russia didn't make me vote for Trump, Hillary did.

Thread Information