[QUOTE=lackbrokejoke;817514]
Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post
Excellent points........
Just a clarification on 2nd WARD Councilman position vacancy:

§ 3.2 Vacancies.

Except as provided in General City Law § 2-a, Subdivision 2, any vacancy in the office of Councilman or Council President, other than expiration of the term of office, shall be filled by the Council. Any person appointed to fill a vacancy shall have the same qualifications as are required of a person elected to the office and shall be of the same political affiliation as the Councilman whose place has become vacant. The term of office of a Councilman appointed to fill a vacancy shall be until the commencement of the year next succeeding the first general election at which the vacancy can be filled after the happening of the vacancy.
* Folks, Please don't let the Dem Chair (Fran Warthling) pick the replacement, like HE did for Binky/Chuck move up to Council Pres....they left me out of the discusion and thereby violated the LAW on filling a vacancy.
* Whoever is appointed to serve the 2nd Ward will serve 1-1-2012 through 1-1-13 (when appointed at First Council meeting at the re-organizational meeting), but will have to run in the fall of 2012 for the seat.....unless they do a dance with the position, they are capable of changing anything to suit their needs as you know.

Who do you think will get the seat Andrea? Maybe you should move to the second ward.. maybe they would consider you....

Hey.....wow......My Mother lives in the 2nd WARD ......I could use her address, and I bet they would never get onto me! Great idea lackbrokejoke, I just know they are plotting and considering me at this very moment! Thanks for the tip!