Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Machine Won...but what did they win???

Lightbulb Free-for-all!

[QUOTE=lackbrokejoke;817514]
    Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post
    Excellent points........
    Just a clarification on 2nd WARD Councilman position vacancy:

§ 3.2 Vacancies.

Except as provided in General City Law § 2-a, Subdivision 2, any vacancy in the office of Councilman or Council President, other than expiration of the term of office, shall be filled by the Council. Any person appointed to fill a vacancy shall have the same qualifications as are required of a person elected to the office and shall be of the same political affiliation as the Councilman whose place has become vacant. The term of office of a Councilman appointed to fill a vacancy shall be until the commencement of the year next succeeding the first general election at which the vacancy can be filled after the happening of the vacancy.
    * Folks, Please don't let the Dem Chair (Fran Warthling) pick the replacement, like HE did for Binky/Chuck move up to Council Pres....they left me out of the discusion and thereby violated the LAW on filling a vacancy.
    * Whoever is appointed to serve the 2nd Ward will serve 1-1-2012 through 1-1-13 (when appointed at First Council meeting at the re-organizational meeting), but will have to run in the fall of 2012 for the seat.....unless they do a dance with the position, they are capable of changing anything to suit their needs as you know.

Who do you think will get the seat Andrea? Maybe you should move to the second ward.. maybe they would consider you....

Hey.....wow......My Mother lives in the 2nd WARD ......I could use her address, and I bet they would never get onto me! Great idea lackbrokejoke, I just know they are plotting and considering me at this very moment! Thanks for the tip!

buffalo craigslist > for sale / wanted > free stuff
    free stuffsearch for: in: all communityall eventall for sale / wanted--antiquesappliancesarts & craftsauto partsbaby & kid stuffbarterbicyclesboatsbooksbusinesscars & trucks - by dealercars & trucks - by ownercars+truckscds / dvds / vhscell phonesclothingcollectiblescomputers & techelectronicsfarm & gardenfree stufffurniturefurniture - by dealerfurniture - by ownergarage salesgeneralhealth and beautyhouseholditems wantedjewelrymaterialsmotorcyclesmotorcycles/scooters - by dealermotorcycles/scooters - by ownermusical instrumentsphoto/videorecreational vehiclessporting goodsticketstickets - by dealertickets - by ownertoolstoys & gamesvideo gaming--all gigsall housingall jobsall personalsall resumeall services offered title only entire post
    price: has image

[ Thu, 10 Nov 14:32:15 ] [ avoid recalled items ] [ partial list of prohibited items ] [ dial 2-1-1 for social services ] [ AVOIDING SCAMS & FRAUD ] [ PERSONAL SAFETY TIPS ] [ craigslist {tv} ] [ unofficial flagging faq ] [ craigslist blog ] [ success story? ]

Thu Nov 10
    PVC Sewer Pipe - (Clarence) pic

free tv - (angola )

Sofa Bed - (Orchard Park) pic

Free Weekend Fun for Families - (WNY)

**BRICKS-MOSTLY HALVES..LANDSCAPING ETC.*** - (GASPORT) pic

COUPONS - (South Buffalo)

material/foam rubber/fiberfill - (Tonawanda)

free Manure - (Clarence

Anybody have a back-hoe, bobcat, or dump truck?

Oh, I know who does....that City worker (whose only job is to work at the Senior Center, a DPW custodian, shift 4-12 pm, M-F, for $40,000/yr + overtime), who just built his new building on top of the neighbor's house (who now has a for-sale sign on it) on South Park. He is/has stored his equipment in the City Barns after a citizen complained about about him storing his heavy equipment in his own backyard(residential) on Orchard off Ridge, until he finishes his pole barn.
    The same employee whose wifey has job security now after working on Jaworski's campaign, until 2015 (Nothing Personal). He is in very good standing with the City too,because the City also hires his excavation company to do side jobs for them.

Can you imagine if I was still in business, and if I was still a Councilwoman.....and, "The City" purchased all the drinks, for say....the Lackawanna Summer Lunch Program from my store?!?
    Can you imagine........! It is the same concept!

P.S.
    Who was that scared guy again, on here that just put up those video cameras?
    https://www.google.com/url?url=http:...Kl7dPvtQ3wk2pw

[QUOTE=andreahaxton;817537]
    Quote Originally Posted by lackbrokejoke View Post

Hey.....wow......My Mother lives in the 2nd WARD ......I could use her address, and I bet they would never get onto me! Great idea lackbrokejoke, I just know they are plotting and considering me at this very moment! Thanks for the tip!
    Who are "THEY" considering???

[QUOTE=lackbrokejoke;817589]

Who are "THEY" considering???
    Two names being tossed around are Greg Stachowski and Mike Sobaszek

[QUOTE=had enough yet;817635]

Who is the lesser of the two evils

Post ............And the Winner Is...........!

[QUOTE=had enough yet;817635]

If it were Greg, I doubt it because he is already a teacher/guidance counselor at LSD HS..........Mike Sobaszek, well he is already on the LA Planning Board, the LA Ethics Board, employed by the LA Chamber of Commerce that the City gives $20,000/yr from the Budget, of YOUR money to operate...........so, what the heck. He's it.
    Actually, David Iafallo's name has been in the mix from the beginning----if not Councilman, something BIG is plotted for this soldier, and of course McCusker's. Probably more.

Hey how about my Mother....she is a Dem and really knows how to kick butt! Where is the job posted?
    She'll have :
    "A Chicken in every pot!"

First stated by Henry IV of France as, "I want there to be no peasant in my realm so poor that he will not have a chicken in his pot every Sunday," and later in the United States during the Hoover campaign for presidency as part of an advertisement.

[edit] Noun

a chicken in every pot
    1.suggestive of general welfare or prosperity

Post Clarification

buffalo craigslist > for sale / wanted > free stuff
    free stuffsearch for: in: all communityall eventall for sale / wanted--antiquesappliancesarts & craftsauto partsbaby & kid stuffbarterbicyclesboatsbooksbusinesscars & trucks - by dealercars & trucks - by ownercars+truckscds / dvds / vhscell phonesclothingcollectiblescomputers & techelectronicsfarm & gardenfree stufffurniturefurniture - by dealerfurniture - by ownergarage salesgeneralhealth and beautyhouseholditems wantedjewelrymaterialsmotorcyclesmotorcycles/scooters - by dealermotorcycles/scooters - by ownermusical instrumentsphoto/videorecreational vehiclessporting goodsticketstickets - by dealertickets - by ownertoolstoys & gamesvideo gaming--all gigsall housingall jobsall personalsall resumeall services offered title only entire post
    price: has image

[ Thu, 10 Nov 14:32:15 ] [ avoid recalled items ] [ partial list of prohibited items ] [ dial 2-1-1 for social services ] [ AVOIDING SCAMS & FRAUD ] [ PERSONAL SAFETY TIPS ] [ craigslist {tv} ] [ unofficial flagging faq ] [ craigslist blog ] [ success story? ]

Thu Nov 10
    PVC Sewer Pipe - (Clarence) pic

free tv - (angola )

Sofa Bed - (Orchard Park) pic

Free Weekend Fun for Families - (WNY)

**BRICKS-MOSTLY HALVES..LANDSCAPING ETC.*** - (GASPORT) pic

COUPONS - (South Buffalo)

material/foam rubber/fiberfill - (Tonawanda)

free Manure - #Clarence

Anybody have a back-hoe, bobcat, or dump truck?

Oh, I know who does....that City worker #whose only job is to work at the Senior Center, a DPW custodian, shift 4-12 pm, M-F, for $40,000/yr + overtime#, who just built his new building on top of the neighbor's house #who now has a for-sale sign on it# on South Park. He is/has stored his equipment in the City Barns after a citizen complained about about him storing his heavy equipment in his own backyard#residential# on Orchard off Ridge, until he finishes his pole barn.
    The same employee whose wifey has job security now after working on Jaworski's campaign, until 2015 #Nothing Personal#. He is in very good standing with the City too,because the City also hires his excavation company to do side jobs for them.

Can you imagine if I was still in business, and if I was still a Councilwoman.....and, "The City" purchased all the drinks, for say....the Lackawanna Summer Lunch Program from my store?!?
    Can you imagine........! It is the same concept!

P.S.
    Who was that scared guy again, on here that just put up those video cameras?
    ************************************************** ***********************************************
    Clarification of the above post:
    Some folks might take my post as sour grapes, and I know how the screw-faces like to twist everything I say, so I thought I should clarify my point.

I periodically check Craigslist for whatever, as I did yesterday, and the " free manure " struck me as funny because I know firsthand what a bunch of **** the politicians like feed the public, who in turn buy into it. That's all.

As I typed it in, the bobcat thing came to mind, and I wanted to share this example with the 400 people who really care what goes on behind the scenes in OUR City.

I was pulled over on Gibbons Street near South Park to make a call, innocently looked up and saw this preferred family and friends member drive his bobcat thing from the barns area, down Reddon Street, and onto his South Park lot site for his pole barn erection.
    The Issue:
    A City worker gets to store his own company's equipment on public property and some other schlepper has to pay through the nose to rent a storage unit for his machinery. No one should ever be allowed to do this----it is abuse of governmental powers and illegal! Lightbulb, money idea: If the City has enough public property maybe they can advertise the spaces and fairly rent out lots for cold storage to any LA citizen for their boats, etc. Insurance issues, probably would not allow this though.

Also, when this City employee got the several side-jobs to do work for the City, it did NOT get bid out, (NOT Purchasings' fault and NOT an emergency). I am sure there are other guys in the City with bobcat things and everyone should have been allowed a bite at the apple. I am not knocking the ability of his workmanship......I am sure he does fine work.
    It is the way the City covers-up the inside deals and scams they make with/for family and friends club members.......and all played off the backs of the innocent taxpayers! That's the truth and the reason I ran for election.
    Do you think things are going to change, do we really have a "new day" dawning for Lackawanna?

P.S.
    I told my family and friends to duck tape me if I ever want to get involved again.........WHAT?!? Haxton for School Board 2012!?!
    I just asked John what seats were up on Tuesday, and he told me his seat is up, Sanders and Gambino's..........I didn't understand Gambino's, she just won this year. Whatever, she got her daughter "in", so she can be done with being on the Board anyway; Because.......................... she and her husband are such good soldiers, they have retained their preferred "family and friends" job security status with the City of Lackawanna! Bada Bing Bada Zoom!
    I have been told some people want to/are probably trying to/and maybe are going to, sue me for what I post on here. Everything I say is the truth and when you chose to be in an ELECTED position or ANY government paid employment.......EVERYTHING ( unless a child is involved, or a Policeman's safety could be jeopardized ), is open to public knowledge, and is subject to PUBLIC INFORMATION LAWS and scrutiny.

There ya go Andrea!!!!1 Lose this race and jump to another one! School board huh?? I'm sure it will only be 2 seats open we all know John will be running again!

Szymanski would of won either way.......now look The NYS Appellate Court ruled that the one year residency requirement to run are valid.....the 5 Judge Apellate Divsion in Rochester ruled "the residency requirement is supported by a RATIONAL basis and is constitutional" dated 8/20/2011....Watkins lives in Hamburg and pays property taxes in Hamburg...his school payroll says Hamburg as does his public utility bills and his income tax filings with the state and federal government...and driver's license and auto registration.......so HELLO Andrea and Cathy......we will be watching Watkins very closely......he tries this foolish thing again....well sit back and watch ........

Not sure ow I got involved in your post but while we are talking: How is it that Geoff's parents house on Modern Avenue (where he lies his head at night)is able to have a vet. exemption as well as the STAR exemption and then they (parents) also receive the STAR exemption in Colden? The exemption is only for "Primary" residence. Now mind you, both homes are under the same owner name. Kinda looks like fraud with NYS, the City of Lackawanna AND the Town of Colden.

Maybe I will sit back and watch this one!!

Cool Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by cath829 View Post
    Not sure ow I got involved in your post but while we are talking: How is it that Geoff's parents house on Modern Avenue (where he lies his head at night)is able to have a vet. exemption as well as the STAR exemption and then they (parents) also receive the STAR exemption in Colden? The exemption is only for "Primary" residence. Now mind you, both homes are under the same owner name. Kinda looks like fraud with NYS, the City of Lackawanna AND the Town of Colden.

Maybe I will sit back and watch this one!!
    Not sure how you pulled me me into this either Change2011.

I am going to have a lot of fun sitting back and watching myself............I know Geoff's name is on the 2010 Lackawanna Tax Delinquent List too, and he was quoted in the Buffalo News in 2006 saying, " Tax deadbeats should be barred from getting any jobs in the City! " in one of his numerous attempts to humiliate and get me out of office.
    Side note: I feel so sorry for people who sell their soul/integrity over this political game, especially for a crumb job as their payback for becoming one of their goons. I know of a nice young man who was hired under Kuryak, fired under Polanski and then rehired by Polanski who needed another soldier. This guy was screaming nasty slurs at me on election night, the very guy who I used to defend like crazy when they all made fun of him........ Gang mentality, sad.

Typical Lackawanna BS, what is good for the gander, doesn't apply to the goose...............! I bet there is some kind of dance going on with where they ALL live, what kind of a married guy with a cake job, at 38 lives in his parents house without buying it after they retired and moved out of it? Cath829 is onto something really BIG !
    And like someone else said on here....doesn't it fall under Geoff's " Landlord Licensing Law " mandates? Quack-Quack!

Post Blowhard stuff! Don't even bother trying to read it folks! Lame attempt to smear Dion

Quote Originally Posted by Change2011 View Post
    Szymanski would of won either way.......now look The NYS Appellate Court ruled that the one year residency requirement to run are valid.....the 5 Judge Apellate Divsion in Rochester ruled "the residency requirement is supported by a RATIONAL basis and is constitutional" dated 8/20/2011....Watkins lives in Hamburg and pays property taxes in Hamburg...his school payroll says Hamburg as does his public utility bills and his income tax filings with the state and federal government...and driver's license and auto registration.......so HELLO Andrea and Cathy......we will be watching Watkins very closely......he tries this foolish thing again....well sit back and watch ........
    Decision
    SUPREME COURT OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK
    Appellate Division, Fourth Judicial Department

CAE 11-01615
    PRESENT: SCUDDER, P.J., PERADOTTO, LINDLEY, SCONIERS, AND MARTOCHE, JJ.
    IN THE MATTER OF LAURENCE F. ADAMCZYK,
    AGGRIEVED CANDIDATE, PETITIONER-RESPONDENT,
    V MEMORANDUM AND ORDER
    RALPH M. MOHR AND DENNIS E. WARD, COMMISSIONERS,
    CONSTITUTING THE ERIE COUNTY BOARD OF ELECTIONS,
    RESPONDENTS-RESPONDENTS,
    AND GREGORY B. OLMA, OBJECTOR,
    RESPONDENT-APPELLANT.
    MICHAEL KUZMA, BUFFALO, FOR RESPONDENT-APPELLANT.
    LOVALLO & WILLIAMS, BUFFALO (TIMOTHY R. LOVALLO OF COUNSEL), FOR
    PETITIONER-RESPONDENT.
    Appeal from an order of the Supreme Court, Erie County (Donna M.
    Siwek, J.), entered August 11, 2011 in a proceeding pursuant to the
    Election Law. The order granted the petition.
    It is hereby ORDERED that the order so appealed from is
    unanimously reversed on the law without costs and the petition is
    denied.
    Memorandum: Petitioner commenced this proceeding seeking an
    order validating his designating petitions filed on July 13, 2011,
    pursuant to which he sought to be placed on the Democratic Party and
    Independence Party primary ballots as a candidate for district council
    member from the Fillmore District of the Common Council of the City of
    Buffalo. The record before us establishes that, as of November 30,
    2010, petitioner moved from 232 Crescent Avenue, which is in the
    Delaware Council District, to 567 Delaware Avenue, which was then in
    the Ellicott Council District. On or about June 7, 2011, 567 Delaware
    Avenue was reapportioned into the Fillmore Council District. The 2011
    general election is scheduled for November 8, 2011.
    Pursuant to section 3-4 of the Charter of the City of Buffalo, a
    person is eligible for election or appointment to the Common Council
    as a district council member only if he or she has resided in the
    district for which he or she is chosen for at least one year
    immediately preceding the date of his or her election or appointment.
    Here, objector-respondent Gregory B. Olma challenged petitioner’s
    designating petitions on the ground that petitioner did not satisfy
    the one-year residency requirement, and petitioner conceded at a
    -2- 850
    CAE 11-01615
    hearing before respondent Commissioners of the Erie County Board of
    Elections (hereafter, Board) that he had first moved to the present
    Fillmore District on November 30, 2010. The Board sustained Olma’s
    objections and invalidated the designating petitions, resulting in the
    commencement of this proceeding by petitioner. In granting the
    petition, Supreme Court determined that applying the residency
    requirement to petitioner would violate his constitutional rights and
    that the Board had exceeded its ministerial authority in invalidating
    the designating petitions. We agree with Olma that the court erred in
    granting the petition.
    First, we conclude that the residency requirement is supported by
    a rational basis and is constitutional as applied to petitioner (see
    Matter of Rivera v Erie County Bd. of Elections, 164 AD2d 976, lv
    denied 76 NY2d 705; see generally Matter of Walsh v Katz, ___ NY3d
    ___, ___ [June 2, 2011]). The fact “[t]hat the [common] council
    districts have been reapportioned this year provides no exemption from
    the residence requirement” (Matter of Reid v Richards, 89 AD2d 939).
    Second, while the authority of the Board to determine the
    validity of designating petitions is indeed strictly ministerial (see
    Schwartz v Heffernan, 304 NY 474, 480; Matter of Lucariello v
    Commissioners of Chautauqua County Bd. of Elections, 148 AD2d 1012,
    1013, lv denied 73 NY2d 707), we nevertheless agree with Olma that the
    Board’s invalidation of petitioner’s designating petitions in this
    case was a ministerial act because it was based upon petitioner’s
    concession of facts establishing his failure to satisfy the residency
    requirement as a matter of law (see generally Matter of Wicksel v
    Cohen, 262 NY 446, 449). Further, even assuming, arguendo, that the
    Board exceeded its authority, we conclude that petitioner failed to
    show that he satisfied the residency requirement and thus failed to
    meet his burden of establishing the validity of his designating
    petitions (see Matter of Goldstein v Carlsen, 59 AD2d 642, 643, affd
    for the reasons stated 42 NY2d 993; Matter of Collins v Heffernan, 187
    Misc 165, 166; see generally Matter of Schneeberg v New York State Bd.
    of Elections, 51 NY2d 814; Matter of Mansfield v Epstein, 5 NY2d 70,
    74).
    Finally, we note in any event that the reapportionment in fact
    had no effect on petitioner’s eligibility to run for the Common
    Council from his current address. Because his prior residence was in
    the Delaware District, petitioner would have been ineligible to run
    for the Common Council from his current address even if it were still
    in the Ellicott District, because he had not resided there for more
    than one year preceding the 2011 election.
    Entered: August 19, 2011 Patricia L. Morgan
    Clerk of the Court
    ************************************************** *************************

I think this is the Court Decision Fancy Pants Change2011 is referring to.........and YOU and your cronies must have some very good friends and family who work for the County of Erie.......and I know their Lackawanna connections can be easily proven. Desperate moves by desperate people.
    Don't even bother trying to decipher that blowhard stuff, folks. The poster was attempting to discredit Watkins in some way and the Court Decisions he/she cited to think they got him........has NOTHING, I'll say it again, NOTHING to do with Lackawanna Charter/Code and our election.

Haxton,

How did you arrive at the conclusion the aforementioned case has nothing to do with Lackawanna mayoral elections?

After reading the case I see that it is for the City of Buffalo Common Council seat and negating his petitions for that race, not a mayoral race in the City of Lackawanna. I also see where it states the City of Buffalo's residency law which I believe is part of their municipal code/charter.

I know from reading the Lackawanna Charter/Code it is not specific as to the length of time one must "reside" in the City when deciding on running for mayor. I also know that when someone new is "hired", different from "elected", they have six months to move into the city. The code does show that every employee must reside in the City during their term of employment:

CHAPTER 5 ADMINISTRATION OF GOVERNMENT

ARTICLE IV Officers and Employees (§ 5-38 — § 5-50)
    § 5-38 Residence requirements.

A. Unless otherwise provided by law, it shall be the duty of each officer and employee of the City during the period of his or her employment by the City, to maintain his or her residence and dwelling within the corporate limits of the City.

B. The provisions of this section shall not apply to any employee during a leave of absence duly granted. Failure to comply with the provisions of this section shall constitute misconduct and shall be cause for removal in the manner provided by law.

ARTICLE VI Residency Requirements (§ 31-15 — § 31-21)

[Adopted 12-30-1987 by L.L. No. 1-1988 (Ch. 102 of the 1987 Code)]

§ 31-15 Policy and purpose.

The legislative body recognizes that emergency work situations arise which require employees of the City of Lackawanna to be near their place of employment and to assume the continuation of public services to protect health, safety, and general welfare of the people. Through the adoption of this article, the City Council makes a legislative determination that those who are residents of the City take a greater interest in promoting the public safety and health in the future of this community than do nonresidents whose families reside in areas unaffected by City services. The City Council further declares that such a quality is desirable for its employees. The legislative body considers that residency by its employees and officers within a community will assure continuation of essential public services. The City Council determines that the public need is sufficient to require that employees hired or promoted after the effective date of this article be residents of the City.

§ 31-16 Definitions.

For the purposes of this article, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
    RESIDENCY The actual principal domicile of an individual, where he or she normally sleeps and maintains usual personal and household effects.

§ 31-17 Residency for new employees. Except as otherwise provided by law, the City Council hereby establishes a residency requirement for all prospective employees of the community. Every person initially employed by the City of Lackawanna on or after the effective date hereof shall, as a qualification of employment, become a resident of the City of Lackawanna within six months of the date of initial service for the City. During the time of service of such employees, no individual shall cease to be a resident of the City.

§ 31-18 Residency upon promotion. All employees promoted by the City of Lackawanna after the effective date hereof shall be, or within one year of such promotion become, a resident of the City of Lackawanna.

§ 31-19 Distribution and posting of provisions. A copy of this article shall be provided to all employees upon initial appointment or upon promotion. However, the failure of the employer to do so shall not affect the applicability of this article to any employee appointed or promoted after its effective date. A copy of this article shall also be posted on all notice boards normally used by the employer for employee communications.

§ 31-20 Breach of residency requirement.
    Should it be alleged that an employee is not in compliance with § 31-17 or 31-18 of this article, as the case may be, the employee's department or division head, having knowledge of or upon becoming aware of the allegation, shall provide the employee 14 calendar days in which to respond. Where there is a failure to respond or where a response is not, in the judgment of the employee's department or division head, sufficient to satisfy the requirements of this article, the department or division head shall designate an officer or board to set a hearing date to hear the charge of nonresidency and to make a record of the hearing. An employee establishing residency to the satisfaction of the employee's department or division head prior to the hearing date shall result in a cancellation of the hearing authorized by this section. The employee shall be sent a notice of the hearing date at least 15 days prior to the hearing. The hearing record and the determination of the hearing officer or board conducting the hearing as to whether the employee is a nonresident in violation of this article shall be referred to the department head for his/her review and decision. Should the department head decide that the employee is a nonresident in violation of this article, the employee shall be deemed to have voluntarily resigned from employment. Upon reestablishing residency, an individual having so resigned may apply for reinstatement to his or her former position and shall be reinstated if the position is vacant.

§ 31-21 Waiver of requirements.
    A.In the event that the City Council determines that it is in the best interest of the public employer to do so, the provisions of § 31-17 or 31-18 may be waived by the Council with respect to an incumbent or incumbents with the following standards:

(1) Lack of applicants. The requirement of residency may be waived in those instances where the employer has difficulty hiring or promoting the most qualified person because of the residency requirement.

(2)Necessity for nonresidency. The requirement of residency may be waived in those instances where it is determined that residency is not in the best interests of the employer.

B. Such a waiver shall not in any way affect the application of § 31-17 or 31-18 of this article with respect to any other title or titles.

§ 4.1 Mayor; election, term and compensation.

[Amended 8-20-1984 by L.L. No. 3-1984; 4-18-1988 by L.L. No. 3-1988; at general election 11-8-1984]

The Mayor shall be elected by voters of the City at large to serve for a term of four years beginning January 1 next following his or her election, and shall not be eligible to serve more than two consecutive terms. He or she shall be a resident and registered voter of the City. The Mayor shall be elected at the general election in the year 1963 and every four years thereafter. The Mayor shall receive such compensation as fixed by ordinance adopted by the City at any time, provided, however, that the compensation of the Mayor shall not be diminished during his or her term of office.

City of Lackawanna and Buffalo have their own Charters/Codes -
    Last edited by cath829; November 13th, 2011 at 11:00 AM.

the one year residency law in buffalo has nothing to do with lackawanna. lackawannas law just states that the candidate be a resident and a registered voter within lackawanna.
    the ruling appears to have moer to dowith the candidate not being able to prove residency than to actually living within the district. it appears the candidate was unable to prove the address on the petitions submittted was actually where he lived.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information