Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Golisano supports downsizing the WSTB

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel
    I agree that there should be a vote on the issue, and DT is not against that, but the petition should be properly crafted, which it was not. DT's lawsuit is valid, and the petition/action is aimed at specific councilpeople. If the vote should fall next year, Wally Boy's support for it would disappear.

There is no need for a special election, simply put the question up for the next general election. The extra cost is being caused by Wally's World because a simple rewalk of a corrected petition is the proper course of action. Also, I think that should a special election happen after the November election, and should the two council members be reelected, there will be another lawsuit to determine whether the petition is too late to void their reelection.

I agree we should have a public debate on this and other issues, like should we incorporate as a city, etc. I have a problem with the verbiage of the petition and Mr. Piotrowski's resolutions have used the same verbiage. The Board of Elections has ruled that the verbiage is improper as well and that they would have rejected the petitions in the absence of any objection. As I stated before we could have it at the same time as the school elections or at the next general election.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit of Ebenezer
    I use to think something along this line regarding Dan,..... I was wrong. I'd think twice about passing judgement about Dan. I know he demures when others defend him.....Sorry Dan
    Sometimes I just believe somethings are not worth my effort to defend against when they are not at the core of the issues. Welcome back from your hiatus!
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by dtwarren
    As I stated before we could have it at the same time as the school elections or at the next general election.
    WAY too many problems here. Much of West Seneca is in the Orchard Park School District. Would voters go to OP to vote on the WS referendum? Also, much of the WS School District is in OP, Hamburg, and Cheektowaga, and that voting is at West Seneca East High School. Do you have different machines for WS residents? And, the next general election date is too late to initiate the purpose of the referendum. On the same day as referendum voting, there is voting for Council positions that would be eliminated by the referendum!

So, the May School District vote doesn't work, and the "next general election" doesn't work. It will now, thanks to the challenge, require another referendum date which will cost the Town of WS major $$ for building rental, tellers, machine setup, etc.

It will probably cost as much, or more, for the special election as would be saved by the position elimination!
    "My advice to you, is to drink heavily". John Blutarski

Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy
    WAY too many problems here. Much of West Seneca is in the Orchard Park School District. Would voters go to OP to vote on the WS referendum? Also, much of the WS School District is in OP, Hamburg, and Cheektowaga, and that voting is at West Seneca East High School. Do you have different machines for WS residents? And, the next general election date is too late to initiate the purpose of the referendum. On the same day as referendum voting, there is voting for Council positions that would be eliminated by the referendum!

So, the May School District vote doesn't work, and the "next general election" doesn't work. It will now, thanks to the challenge, require another referendum date which will cost the Town of WS major $$ for building rental, tellers, machine setup, etc.

It will probably cost as much, or more, for the special election as would be saved by the position elimination!
    Why the rush according to the petition and the last two resolutions by Mr. Piotrowski the downsizing would not begin until January 1, 2012?

Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy
    WAY too many problems here. Much of West Seneca is in the Orchard Park School District.
    So what. A simple clerical issue.
    The proposition will probably pass regardless.

Probably so, but that is not DT's fault, it is WP's and KG's faults for fielding a faulty proposition. Both of the later are lawyers, and it possible the faulty proposition was fielded on purpose, or by mistake. Either way, the issue deminishes the parties' credibility.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread Information