Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Golisano supports downsizing the WSTB

Golisano supports downsizing the WSTB

http://www.buffalonews.com/258/story/407685.html

Golisano says his support for downsizing the West Seneca Town Board is only the beginning

Golisano, the billionaire Rochester businessman who ran for governor three times on the Independence ticket, told reporters at West Seneca Town Hall that his just-formed Responsible New York fund will get behind similar efforts to entice business to stay in the state and lower taxes.

"West Seneca could be a leader as part of a reform movement in New York State," he said.

Golisano, who has committed $5 million of his substantial fortune to the new fund, said larger and more layers of government are relics of a time when people lived far apart from each other. He said modern communications have reduced the need for so much government, and newer methods are justified in the 21st century.
    The tiein here folks is Pigeon. Pigeon advises both WP and Golisano. When Pigeon becomes Democratic County Chairman, Wally will get to be judge. Golisano is probably acting out of principle, but everybody else, out of convenience including Wally.

If Wally is acting in his own best interests and it benefits the citizenry, does it really matter in the end?

Hell Clark acted in his and his cronies best interests and the tax payers got screwed.

It never hurts to ask

I'm almost positive Steve Pigeon himself played youth hockey at the town rink. I would think he would like to see West Seneca's rink woes addressed. I wonder if he'd be willing to ask Tom G. if he could "ante' up some" for a new rink in town or at least help with the existing one ?

Has anyone heard anything from any council member about the Seneca mall site ?

I thought that was as much of a priority as any in town ?
    A remark should only hurt within it's proportion of what is true.

Gress who's looking over Golisano's sholder? None other than Wally P.

It appears Mr. Gaughn wanted nothing to do with it: http://www.buffalonews.com/cityregion/story/408163.html

I believe that Mr. Gaughn and Mr. Golisano truly believe in reforming government. I do not believe their strategy will be effective. I believe that in order to substantively, rather then symbolically, reform municipal government we need either a constitutional amendment or a constitutional convention. The constitution needs to be amended to eliminate villages and towns of the second class, remove some functions from the towns and cities and move them to the county level while at the same time preserving home rule much like what was done in 1923 when the constitution was amended to eliminate cities of the second class.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Manny,
    Do you expect us to believe that the West Seneca Town Supervisor was in the background of a picture while Billionaire Tom Golisano was visiting West Seneca Town Hall?
    Go sell crazy some other place you freak...

Quote Originally Posted by FisherRd
    Manny,
    Do you expect us to believe that the West Seneca Town Supervisor was in the background of a picture while Billionaire Tom Golisano was visiting West Seneca Town Hall?
    Go sell crazy some other place you freak...
    Fisher, who are you calling a freak? The picture is in the Buffalo News link I have above with the caption"Sharon Cantillon/Buffalo News
    Tom Golisano throws his support to the campaign to downsize the West Seneca Town Board. Wallace Piotowski, West Seneca supervisor, looks on."
    I would like an apology.

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel
    Fisher, who are you calling a freak? The picture is in the Buffalo News link I have above with the caption"Sharon Cantillon/Buffalo News
    Tom Golisano throws his support to the campaign to downsize the West Seneca Town Board. Wallace Piotowski, West Seneca supervisor, looks on."
    I would like an apology.

You want an apology for missing the most sarcasm laden post on the net? OK, I'm sorry you're too emotionally wrapped up in Wally Piotrowski that you failed to see an obviously sarcastic post.

(The joke is that of course Wally would be seen in a picture with Tom Golisano at West Seneca Town Hall. He's the Supervisor for christs' sake.)

You want an apology for missing the most sarcasm laden post on the net? OK, I'm sorry you're too emotionally wrapped up in Wally Piotrowski that you failed to see an obviously sarcastic post.

(The joke is that of course Wally would be seen in a picture with Tom Golisano at West Seneca Town Hall. He's the Supervisor for christs' sake.)
    What is the sarcasm in calling someone a freak? Where was there any mention where the picture was taken?

What is the sarcasm in calling someone a freak? Where was there any mention where the picture was taken?

Man you're slow on the uptake.
    Do you really need me to explain the sarcasm angle and the joke again? Because if that's the case, then you're going to be waiting a long time.

As for where the picture was taken...Put your common sense cap on. Golisano announced yesterday, outside the West Seneca Town Hall, that he was supporting the measure. The News was there. The photo accompanies the story that explains that the two of them were there. The photo is of the two of them, outside. It was summer.

How much longer do you want to play this game?

Man you're slow on the uptake.
    I don't think I am slow anything. I think your comment was rude and crude. There was nothing sarcastic or funny about it. I think you owe an apology.

I don't think I am slow anything. I think your comment was rude and crude. There was nothing sarcastic or funny about it. I think you owe an apology.

Does crazy run in your family or something?
    You'd have to be certifiable to not see the sarcasm in the post.

Does crazy run in your family or something?
    You'd have to be certifiable to not see the sarcasm in the post.
    I am speechless. I will let the readers decide whose nuts. This conversation is over from this end.

Stop!

I am speechless. I will let the readers decide whose nuts. This conversation is over from this end.

Now you two pick up your toys and go home and just think about what you're doing to each other- the least of which is not about you two at all, but it's about how much annoy everyone else on this site! Fisher- time to back off and let go; Manny- lighten up and don't be so damn sensitive. Now pick a fight we can all get into and enjoy!

I would think Wally would be smiling........I'm sure he will be when he's sitting in Golisano's suite at the Sabre games.

What do you think Manny ?
    Last edited by Spirit of Ebenezer; August 6th, 2008 at 07:06 PM.
    A remark should only hurt within it's proportion of what is true.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information