Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Golisano supports downsizing the WSTB

Quote Originally Posted by dtwarren
    I agree with a lot of what Mr. Gaughan is proposing and government should be reduced. The flaw I see in his current approach is that in his figures he lumps all three branches of government together and at current he is targeting the branch that is the voice of the people. The elected legislative branch should be the last branch reduced because that is the voice of the citizens.

It is not the representation that is the root cause of your disatisfaction, it is the voters, who a majority of which, re-elects them thereby saying to them and every one else that their performance is acceptable.
    Which in essence is that we get the government that we deserve.

I am for enlightened individuals to make it known and get the word out that most areas of the country do not have oppressive taxes, the root of which is in our excessive government. Maybe we can get these people to wake up.

What most people do not understand when they pay as an indentured servant in their town with their little identity, is that those taxes and high costs of doing business stifles growth for the area,, which is why this area has declined for many years..

too many greener pastures for investment, all at the expense of the pride of having our little towns. Too many children leaving,, and the continuation of decline furthering the imbalance of taxpayer supporting government.

I maintain the purpose of government is not to employ people,, that system has failed.

Apparently according to Mr. Gaughan I am a politician. That is interesting coming from someone who ran for mayor of the COB, was interested in seeking the appointment to fill the position of Erie County Clerk when Mr. Swarts was appointed DMV Commissioner, sought Byron Brown's seat in the Senate, while I have never sought nor ran for any public office.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Today's Buffalo News Article

I guess Kevin Gaughan only wants the people to be heard if they agree with him. Dan, he wants you to sit down and be quiet. And if you won't, then he will make specious allegations that you are a political hack. Pathetic.

I also notice no one is arguing that the petition is not misleading and deceptive, because they can't.

Personally I believe Mr. Gaughan probably put that date in there in an attempt to distance himself and this issue from the accusations that he was acting in concert with political partisans and intended to target the boardmember(s) who were up for re-election in 2009 as polical payback and to not lose the momentum he had built-up on it thinking it would be valid, however it is in conflict with the Town Law and will not be effective at that time, but an earlier time.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

maybe........

The only people that care what you think on the issue are you, CB and VG.
    It could be that you keep wanting to hear yourself talk and the voters really don't care what you think on this issue.

Maybe they are tired of the lack of progress in getting anything done in this town.
    Maybe it's time to get rid of two politicians that like to hear themselves talk, or in the case of VG,
    talk down to the residents..
    Maybe it is time for the voters to decide what is
    best for the voters not the self proclaimed voice of WS, Mr. Warren.

You still seem to be focusing on individuals which truly demonstrate that this issue was not on what it was represented. If you disagree with one or more boardmembers either run against them or support someone you think would do better and vote.

You still seem to be focusing on individuals which truly demonstrate that this issue was not on what it was represented. If you disagree with one or more boardmembers either run against them or support someone you think would do better and vote.
    Better still, delay the vote until after this November, and allow a vote for the removal of SM and DC. Legal challenges can probably bottle this thing up until the middle of November, and that would take WP's probably motivations off the table. That might be a win win.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Larry
    The only people that care what you think on the issue are you, CB and VG.
    That's not true. I care. DT is even handed. He is WS's ACLU. I think it is a neat skill he has to be able to act as his own lawyer. Most people have to go to law school, or prison to learn how to do that. It makes his opinions very formitable. All he has to have is standing on an issue to throw rain onto a parade.
    Instead of throwing barbs, those against the challenge should be asking/begging him what it will take to withdraw his challenge.

Personally I believe Mr. Gaughan probably put that date in there in an attempt to distance himself and this issue from the accusations that he was acting in concert with political partisans and intended to target the boardmember(s) who were up for re-election in 2009 as polical payback
    It is almost incomprehensible to think that Mr. Gaughan could have written such a misleading document by accident. I am disappointed by that. In reality it should not matter which two positions are dropped, by his reasoning. Better it be the two newest members be dropped. Last hired, first fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel
    http://www.buffalonews.com/258/story/407685.html
    Golisano says his support for downsizing the West Seneca Town Board is only the beginning
    The tiein here folks is Pigeon. Pigeon advises both WP and Golisano. When Pigeon becomes Democratic County Chairman, Wally will get to be judge. Golisano is probably acting out of principle, but everybody else, out of convenience including Wally.
    http://www.buffalonews.com/258/story/443831.html

Interesting development. Lenihan won reelection as Democratic Party Chairman. Pigeon, Golisano, Brown and indirectly by association Piotrowski supported his removal. My guess is as long as Lenihan is Chairman, Piotrowski might not get his judgeship.

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel
    http://www.buffalonews.com/258/story/443831.html

Interesting development. Lenihan won reelection as Democratic Party Chairman. Pigeon, Golisano, Brown and indirectly by association Piotrowski supported his removal. My guess is as long as Lenihan is Chairman, Piotrowski might not get his judgeship.
    Lenny the Short bus driver. It amazesme how stupid the Demorats are.

I received notification today that the Erie County Board of Elections has determined that the petition filed with the Town Clerk "insufficient to to place the proposed proposition on the ballot at a special town election."

I received notification today that the Erie County Board of Elections has determined that the petition filed with the Town Clerk "insufficient to to place the proposed proposition on the ballot at a special town election."

Can we all say Ziek Heil.

Quote Originally Posted by Cgoodsp466
    Can we all say Ziek Heil.
    Perhaps you should ask that of Mr. Gaughan since it was he that wanted to begin the elimination of a representative form of government. Or is that concept over your head?

Perhaps you should ask that of Mr. Gaughan since it was he that wanted to begin the elimination of a representative form of government. Or is that concept over your head?
    Spin it any way you awnt to,you are agood little bundist.So you dont think referendums are a good thing.You know what over my head your love for politicians.To many free cheesers to many elected clowns.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information