View Poll Results: Close the ice or the tax payers pick up the tab?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Close the ice - too costly, 1.3 Million in repairs is too much

8 50.00%
  • Keep the rink open - raise taxes

4 25.00%
  • keep the rink open - let the travel program pay for everything

3 18.75%
  • Undecided

1 6.25%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Close the ice rink or the tax payers pick up the tab?

We are not being asked to build a library or a pool, the topic is about an ice rink. We can sit here and nitpick about each thing that we disagree with but that is too remote to the issue at hand.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by dtwarren View Post
    We are not being asked to build a library or a pool, the topic is about an ice rink. We can sit here and nitpick about each thing that we disagree with but that is too remote to the issue at hand.
    If we are going to be myopic about it, It exists (ice rink) therefore it should be made whole again.

Some things need to die the death it deserves, even if I did not have the opinion I do I would not support the expenditure because we have much more urgent issues with infrastructure to deal with at this time.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Some things need to die the death it deserves, even if I did not have the opinion I do I would not support the expenditure because we have much more urgent issues with infrastructure to deal with at this time.
    Hey Dr. Kavorchian, that is illegal in NYS.

During the Second World War, Winston Churchill's finance minister said Britain should cut arts funding to support the war effort.
    Churchill's response: "Then what are we fighting for?"

We have different priorities.

Just like the voters in Hamburg voting down the bond needed to build one in their municipality the people of West Seneca will have the opportunity to vote on this.

Just like the voters in Hamburg voting down the bond needed to build one in their municipality the people of West Seneca will have the opportunity to vote on this.
    Dan you're a funny guy.

Let me guess - CSense does not live in West Seneca and has an opinion about what West Seneca taxpayers should pay for. How impressive.

The pool and rink should be privatized and the senior center should be turned over to the county. These are luxuries that the taxpayers can ill-afford. West Seneca is not Amherst. We can't support the cadillac version of local government. If the govt. got out of the ice rink and pool business, guess what, the users would still have them b/c a private business would supply those services and the users would pay for them at full value instead of subsidized value. And what is wrong with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkinhead View Post
    Let me guess - CSense does not live in West Seneca and has an opinion about what West Seneca taxpayers should pay for. How impressive.
    Wow, you thunk that all by yourself? Ya got me, how could I or anyone have a thought on anything outside their immediate community? Glad you set me straight, thanks. Believe you me, I never even considered that when I was forming an opinion.

WS is in good hands knowing such a learned, expansive and tolerant mind, such as yours, is looking out for it's best interest. You sir are a loyal citizen and patriot.

Do you the vote would pass if the voters had a choice to vote for or against bonds to build an ice rink?

WEST SENECA TOWN BOARD MEETING
    Please set aside Wednesday, January 20th on your calendar. We are anticipating that there will be a special West Seneca Town Board Session that night. The time will be 6:00 pm at the West Seneca Senior Citizen's Center (4620 Seneca Street).

The subject of the meeting will be a presentation by the committee studying the feasibility of the RENOVATION of our current rink or the CONSTRUCTION of a new ice rink(s).

Keeping checking the official Town web site for the posting and to make sure you are aware of any changes to the date, location, or time: http://www.westseneca.net/

Unless, I can't find this mentioned on the town web site, I may be missing it but this is posted on the association's web site - http://www.westsenecayouthhockey.com/

Seems as if they are trying to pull a fast one on the town residents.

I have not heard anything from the town on this, nothing on their website, nothing mentioned at the last TB meeting.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    WOuld it be easier for them to day "AND look at the community out pouring in support of a new rink" if only people from the hockey association knew about it?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    WOuld it be easier for them to day "AND look at the community out pouring in support of a new rink" if only people from the hockey association knew about it?
    Where do you get off having an opinion in a community you do not reside in? Right, Pumpkin?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by CSense View Post
    Where do you get off having an opinion in a community you do not reside in? Right, Pumpkin?
    I have clients in WS. The less money they have because of property taxes the less money they have to spend with me or other "non-government business service providers".

I have not heard anything from the town on this, nothing on their website, nothing mentioned at the last TB meeting.
    Seems to me, the Town Board is trying to get the full support of the ice rink from pro-hockey families and not the anti-spending for luxuries like myself.

How does the town get away with this, lack of information? How does the hockey association, put this announcement out there but the town web site does not?

CSense and Wnyresident have as much right to discussion this topic as the non-West Seneca residents will have a say in support of the ice rink, which is a lot. Wednesday, will be filled with plenty of non-West Seneca residents demanding a brand new ice rink.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread Information