View Poll Results: Should the Recreation Director have a take home car?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 9.09%
  • No

19 86.36%
  • Maybe

1 4.55%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should the Recreation Director have a take home car?

Should the Recreation Director have a take home car?

The town of west seneca has 7 town employees will take home vehicles. With the price of gas and cost of vehicles alone - Does our rec director really need a take home vehicle? Does he need to be on call 24/7? Does someone need to be signing up for baseball at 4am or getting town ID late at night? That would be the first cutting measure I would make.

Why does the recreation director need a take home car?

Quote Originally Posted by wnyfuture
    The town of west seneca has 7 town employees will take home vehicles.
    Who are the 7 town employees with take home cars?

Town of West Seneca
    • Highway Dept 1 (needs one)
    • Recreation Director 1
    • Youth Director 1
    • Police Chief 1 (needs one)
    • Animal Control 1
    • Town Engineer 1
    • Disaster Coordinator 1 (needs one)

That's four people that really don't need a car provided by us the taxpayers. I should have had a poll about the Youth, Recreation, Animal Control, and Town Engineer. Waste of money if you ask me!

Really, the town engineer, youth and recreation director all need takehome cars?

Although it pains me, I actually agree with you all on the take home car issue. But I have a larger question, Why does anyone need a take home car?

Other than the so-called "emergency", can any body give a specific example of how the police chief, disaster coordinator and highway superintendent where the needed "take home" vehicle is essential?

I've been thinking of scenarios like.....

Tree falls in middle of the street, water-main burst
    Caz Creek floods portion of Town
    Wack job holds hostages in a home

...but I still don't see the need for take home vehicles. I mean for the one in a billion chance of these things happening, couldn't the town just reimburse that person on that specific day? Sure the Police Chief wants the blaring siren and lights (which can be equipped on his personal car) but let's get real.

The town of west seneca has 7 town employees will take home vehicles. With the price of gas and cost of vehicles alone - Does our rec director really need a take home vehicle? Does he need to be on call 24/7? Does someone need to be signing up for baseball at 4am or getting town ID late at night? That would be the first cutting measure I would make.

Why does the recreation director need a take home car?
    Some of us Lancaster residents have been asking the very same question? In our town they are pretty slick in covering this up by using removal magnetized decals that identify the vehicle as town owned.

Quote Originally Posted by CSense
    But I have a larger question, Why does anyone need a take home car?
    Really, better would be no take home vehicles for anyone. If there was need to use a vehicle, reimburse on a per mile and a case by case basis just as the military does. It would save $$$ accross the board. The cases could be reviewed by the comptroller, supervisor, or delegated board member for reimbursement.

No that is really bad... the rec director!

Quote Originally Posted by CSense
    Sure the Police Chief wants the blaring siren and lights (which can be equipped on his personal car) but let's get real.
    I'm sure he'd have a hard time with his insurance using his own car with lights and sirens.
    I'd rather be hated for who I am... than loved for who I'm not!

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho1
    I'm sure he'd have a hard time with his insurance using his own car with lights and sirens.
    Ok, I'll give the Police Chief a car, now how about the other two?

Town of West Seneca
    • Recreation Director 1
    • Youth Director 1
    • Animal Control 1
    • Town Engineer 1

That's four people that really don't need a car provided by us the taxpayers. I should have had a poll about the Youth, Recreation, Animal Control, and Town Engineer. Waste of money if you ask me!

Really, the town engineer, youth and recreation director all need takehome cars?
    Police Chief is the only one I can see having a car. Youth Director gave his in today....(as per Town Board meeting tonight)

How can you justify the rec director with a take home car? Can you explain your votes?

Town of West Seneca
    • Recreation Director 1
    • Youth Director 1
    • Animal Control 1
    • Town Engineer 1

Really, the town engineer, youth and recreation director all need take home cars?

Only the Chief of Police needs a car full-time. The Disaster Coordinator can keep it at his house, but does not need to use it to run to the Southgate Plaza, or for personal errands. He brought it to a Vigilant Fire Co. EMS call in my neighborhood recently. I have also seen this vehicle running outside Town Hall for over 30 minutes in the parking lot. I can only assume it was either in case of a disaster, or so he wouldn't have to get into a hot car when he came out.
    As for the dynamic duo in Animal Control, this department is so full of waste it's ludicrous. Between their over-time pay, bottled water delivery, and cell phone bills, how much are we supposed to take? They should leave their trucks at the kennel, and pick it up when they REALLY need it. And while I'm at it, why do they both work days, instead of first and second shifts?
    I'd rather be hated for who I am... than loved for who I'm not!

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho1
    Only the Chief of Police needs a car full-time.
    When you think about it why does the COP need a full time car, to show everyone in the neighborhood how important he is? When is the COP called out on a call off hours, or even during hours. The whole idea of take home cars is so full of abuse potential, they all should be taken back.

In the city the Mayor Brown recalled many take home cars, but not his own. It all boils down to the thought that 'public servants' have become a 'public privledged class'.

How can you justify the rec director with a take home car? Can you explain your votes?
    Unless they all are removed, none should be removed.

Does anyone care? Why should the rec director have a take-home car? How can we get the process moving on this? He should turn in his car.

Does anyone care?
    Nope, nobody cares.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information