Thread: In resonse to "...City Council Day" & "Andrea blames..."

Quote Originally Posted by tiredofbs View Post
    Lackwannacitizen, You are wrong
    about the loudspeaker. It is disturbing the peace. The "beautiful chants" as you call them, are prayers to the God your Mohammed made up. You may choose to worship that way if you like, however the Muslim's have no right to in thrust their faith upon the citizens of Lackawanna day after day after day. The government has forbidden prayer in schools, so why should Muslims be allowed to pray to their God via a loudspeaker. YOU ARE WRONG!! It is brainwashing. It is unacceptable and something should be done about it.

You take offense to the mention of terrorists and suicide bombings? I take offense to this:
    26 June 2006 (Full Article): Mohamed T. ALBANNA, 167 Lehigh Street, Lackawanna, NY. a prominent member of Lackawanna’s Yemeni community and vocal proponent of the innocence of the “Lackawanna-Six,” along with two of his relatives admitted in U.S. District Court last Friday that they ran an unlicensed money-transfer business.
    Here is a link to the entire article for those who need their memory refreshed:http://homelandsecurityus.com/?p=797

Isn't Ali TAHER ELBANEH, one of the Lackawanna 6, the nephew of Noman, our newly elected 1st ward councilman? Talk about a black eye on the community. Wait till CNN gets a hold of this.
    being a very sucessful african american and having many racists things said to me while i was climbing the ladder it is sad to see you post such negative remarks..In this country we have freedom of religion and if you dont like whats said on the loud speaker then you should move..i live right next to the mosque and i am a christian and they have lots of respect for me..Noman being our next councilman has nothing to do with his nephew..Im sure he cant choose his relatives as im sure you cant choose your relatives..His nephew did the crime and he did the time and he may possibly be your neighbor one day..If you dont like arabs then i think lackawanna is the wrong place for you to live in..Every race has its bad apples...You need to grow up and stop acting like we are living in the 60s when we were hosed,beaten,segregated against and the many other nasty things that were done to us...WE ARE ALL AMERICANS and the more you talk your trash the more you unite them and the farther they will get...I think they proved that in last nights elections...Regardless if you like it or not their voices will be heard and their presence will be felt..just as i climbed that ladder i am very confident they will too...So grow up and respect people as u wish to be respected and show some class..

Quote Originally Posted by pooky716 View Post
    being a very sucessful african american and having many racists things said to me while i was climbing the ladder it is sad to see you post such negative remarks..In this country we have freedom of religion and if you dont like whats said on the loud speaker then you should move..i live right next to the mosque and i am a christian and they have lots of respect for me..Noman being our next councilman has nothing to do with his nephew..Im sure he cant choose his relatives as im sure you cant choose your relatives..His nephew did the crime and he did the time and he may possibly be your neighbor one day..If you dont like arabs then i think lackawanna is the wrong place for you to live in..Every race has its bad apples...You need to grow up and stop acting like we are living in the 60s when we were hosed,beaten,segregated against and the many other nasty things that were done to us...WE ARE ALL AMERICANS and the more you talk your trash the more you unite them and the farther they will get...I think they proved that in last nights elections...Regardless if you like it or not their voices will be heard and their presence will be felt..just as i climbed that ladder i am very confident they will too...So grow up and respect people as u wish to be respected and show some class..
    please stop the hatred!!!

Thread Information