Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Lackawanna Corruption

Thumbs up Future

DEBATE: The committee for the Citizens of Lackawanna’s Future will sponsor an “All Candidate” public debate consisting of the first, second and third ward council candidates at 7 p. m. Thursday at the Father Baker Knights of Columbus, 2838 South Park Ave., Lackawanna.
    (source-The Buffalo News)

Does anybody know anything about the Citizens of Lackawanna Future?

Quote Originally Posted by zanna vaida View Post
    DEBATE: The committee for the Citizens of Lackawanna’s Future will sponsor an “All Candidate” public debate consisting of the first, second and third ward council candidates at 7 p. m. Thursday at the Father Baker Knights of Columbus, 2838 South Park Ave., Lackawanna.

Group of citizens that are fed up with the line of BS City Hall feeds the residents.

Thumbs up

How many and where to you meet? What's on the next meeting agenda?

Wonder why Mr.Mulqueen's article wasn't on the front page of the Front Page this week? It's kind of funny that a Lackawanna paper would put Patti Michalek from Hamburg front and center when Hamburg has like 2or 3 of their own papers. Are these guys getting scared of Mr.Mulqueen? Why did the "party" tell Mr.Delmont to bury it? Why is everyone bought and paid for in this city?

Quote Originally Posted by mnb811 View Post
    Wonder why Mr.Mulqueen's article wasn't on the front page of the Front Page this week? It's kind of funny that a Lackawanna paper would put Patti Michalek from Hamburg front and center when Hamburg has like 2or 3 of their own papers. Are these guys getting scared of Mr.Mulqueen? Why did the "party" tell Mr.Delmont to bury it? Why is everyone bought and paid for in this city?
    __________________________________________________ _____________

Becasue the Front Page is backing kulczyk, although they have not formally written that. They have worked that way for many, many years. The candidate they like best is ALWAYS on the front page. The paper serves Lackawanna, Hamburg, Blasdell-Woodlawn and West Seneca. I am sure the paper would reply that they fit the articles where they can based on availability just as they alter when they see fit.

Your last question has also been asked for many, many, many years.

Thumbs up

Hi,
    I'm back to town.
    Personally, I'd like to see the Front Page editorials: local endorsements and commentaries on they support those candidates; at least a few words. It's a local newspaper; the Buffao News is a regional newspaper.
    Too bad the Front Page doesn't have an independent news reporter. It would bring the newspaper higher sales.

What other local paper do we have that competes with the Front Page?

None Mr. Delmont has a lock on LA heard that another paper was coming in and his lawyers fought to prevent it.The Front Page is a paper with a city hall slant if you haven't noticed. Look how they hammered Mr. Murphy about his one and only article even though he has the right to ask questions.

Its a group who sets people up supposedly!!!!! Only idiots would think a group that puts on a debate for CITIZENS is a set up. No wonder Lackawanna is a laughingstock.

Quote Originally Posted by mnb811 View Post
    None Mr. Delmont has a lock on LA heard that another paper was coming in and his lawyers fought to prevent it.
    How could they stop another paper from coming in? I'm not looking to debate you, I am really wondering how that could be.

Thumbs up

You're not looking for debates? How about a great editorial piece?

Angry

I heard it thru the grapevine that the democratic chairman and republican chairman are connected in just about whatever they do especially at election time.The republican chairman is a lackey for the democratic party and you wonder why Lackawanna never goes anywhere.....

Quote Originally Posted by tiredofbs View Post
    How could they stop another paper from coming in? I'm not looking to debate you, I am really wondering how that could be.
    If you are connected like he is and have a bunch of money and lawyers at your disposal you can do anything.It was done over some offical newspaper of the city designation.I believe the current city attorney was involved in this deal maybe we should ask him????

Hi,
    I'm back to town.
    Personally, I'd like to see the Front Page editorials: local endorsements and commentaries on they support those candidates; at least a few words. It's a local newspaper; the Buffao News is a regional newspaper.
    Too bad the Front Page doesn't have an independent news reporter. It would bring the newspaper higher sales.

What other local paper do we have that competes with the Front Page?
    We need to get another paper here in our city.The Front Page has proven this week that they will print lies.I was at the debate and the League of Women Voters was the moderators and it was run very professionally. The Citizens of Lackawanna's Future did everything by the book.It's to bad a few ARROGANT candidates and their Leader Mr.Warthling ruined a well planned event by not showing up.As a lifelong democrat I am changing my affiliation because of their incompetence.

Quote Originally Posted by runningdownadream View Post
    How does property assements work in Lackawanna? That's easy everybody's goes up except the connected ones...

Even the unconnected ones...connected only through,shame on them perhaps.

We fought to keep our assessment down when the city lowered our house assessment during the time they wanted to take the property.They tried to raise it the next year and we said,hell no.
    According to William Eagan (that said he was in real estate his whole life)

Not one property here is worth 40 thou.If I was you,I'd go fight the assessment at city hall if it's to high.You only need to fill out a form and then go have a good argument about why your homes assessment is to high,it's not hard.Even my non-confrontational husband managed it all by himself

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information