Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lackawanna Corruption

Wrong! Very wrong! There is still money in the budget for the playgrounds. Go look through the budget. Unless you are suggesting that they "moved" the money in their recent transfers?!

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Why have town lawyers then? So 500,000? At $125 an hour that is 4,000 hours of legal work. IF this is true I would say a group of people are SCREWING your town.
    More than screwing this town robbing it blind. If you didn't have all these lawsuits like truck ban etc. How much money do you think the city could have to use for other projects for the people. Instead of crying poverty all the time maybe you need to look at how you spend money and the long term effects of actually spending it foolishly.By the way speaking of crying poverty anyone see the mayor on channel 2 last night doing it yet again. Thought it was funny considering the city gave out pay raises which in the long term affects your city's payments to the state pension fund. We need to look at long term effects of things before we do them. But why do these guys care it's not their own money they are spending just the taxpayer's.This is why we need checks and balances and a real voice for the taxpayer representing the 3rd ward.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by DennisMulqueen View Post
    More than screwing this town robbing it blind. If you didn't have all these lawsuits like truck ban etc. How much money do you think the city could have to use for other projects for the people. Instead of crying poverty all the time maybe you need to look at how you spend money and the long term effects of actually spending it foolishly.By the way speaking of crying poverty anyone see the mayor on channel 2 last night doing it yet again. Thought it was funny considering the city gave out pay raises which in the long term affects your city's payments to the state pension fund. We need to look at long term effects of things before we do them. But why do these guys care it's not their own money they are spending just the taxpayer's.This is why we need checks and balances and a real voice for the taxpayer representing the 3rd ward.

that what it is you know.. They all get raises... they never step back... They make change as long as it doesn't effect them...

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Why are you funding their loss in the investments? No one in their right mind would guarantee that.

Personally I do not think the state should be investing any pension money on wall street.They make up some inflated number that they expect to earn then just lose billons of dollars then they increase the amount they invest then lose that and the cycle keeps going on. When is somebody going to have the balls to say enough.

By the way those of you who read the front page look at the article I wrote that was altered by them. It was the exact article I put on here. They wouldn't print my opponents actual non accomplishments. Print the facts and truth please Mr. Delmont!!!

By the way those of you who read the front page look at the article I wrote that was altered by them. It was the exact article I put on here. They wouldn't print my opponents actual non accomplishments. Print the facts and truth please Mr. Delmont!!!
    Isn't that pitiful. Freedom of the press, HA! Not in Lackawanna.

Thumbs up

Have you ever thought, at least tried to understand, how the media works? Don't tell them what to do or not to do!

I don't tell them anything just want them to print the facts as stated.We need the truth not half truths and political reasons for not printing it. Facts are my opponent hasn't done a thing for the third ward or even put anything on the agenda for it.You can believe now that I said that in October he will put something on the agenda for the council meeting. Problem is he is reactive instead of proactive. By the way still no answer on deate or freedom of information act items yet....

"I wonder".....if the readers noticed the difference in Dennis' COMPLETE article which was sent to the Lackwanna Front Page and altered by them....here is the true article below.!! I guess we all know where Billy Delmont stands...

Lackawanna Council candidate says: Those Who Stand For Nothing, Fall For Anything
    "Whenever an election is coming up, all the politicians come out and give you the same
    song and dance about the same issues, all the way up until they get elected. Then you don't hear anymore from them until they are up for election again" says Third Ward Council Candidate Dennis Mulqueen. "I believe people are tired of this. There is a great need in our city government right now for honesty. All you have to do is research what a candidate puts in the paper and make sure what they say is true and actually call them out when it isn't."

"I have always told the truth because I believe in honesty. Coming from the private sector gives me credibility that career politicians don't have. I have no hidden agenda. I am not beholden to anyone. I do not need to tell you what you want to hear to get elected. I can just give you honest, straightforward answers that are true whether you like the answer or not," said Mulqueen.

"My opponent's accomplishments as the Third Ward Council Member speak for itself. Is this what we need as our representative?" states Mulqueen. "He has only submitted two agenda items. Both items were without substance for the ward in which he represents. His record currently stands at zero."
    "As your Council representative, I promise to be visible daily on the streets of our Third Ward. I will actually research and question agenda items before I vote on them. I vow to fight for your concerns and implement them. I will donate my entire salary that I earn each year to "update" our playgrounds, so our children have a safe, clean environment to enjoy themselves," Mulqueen continued.

"The only way the system in Lackawanna will ever change is if enough well-meaning, private sector people, like myself get involved in local government for the right reason and are able to resist being absorbed into the political food chain. I am not change for the sake of change. I am change for the benefit of the people I serve. If you feel the way I do about our city, please support me when voting on November 3, 2009", concluded Mulqueen.

Post The Truth Will Prevail!

I submitted many articles over the years that were never printed. I submitted my article last week declaring War on Corruption in Lackawanna City Hall to our Official City of Lackawanna Newspaper and it was not printed. Go Figure.

Indifference makes an excuse-----Love finds a way!

Post Facts!

toms:"And the City should charge you for all the waste of monies you have created since you got in office, how many law suits did you file on people in the last four years, lost $40000 in playground funds because you didnt use them, you should be the one that a grievance is put on. You have been useless."

"ps the good old boys did not cause the power outage, just in case you are going to blame that on them too."

"Why dont you do something constructive......instead of blaming everyone else for your woes. "

Please explain: who do I blame for my "woes" Mr. toms? Also you tell me to "do something constructive", it is funny that you should make a statement like that. If I heard it once I heard it thousands of times from my Father, so guess what we become as adults. I challenge you right now to a debate to see whose life has been constructive and productive, what do you do to help the people? I owe NO ONE any paybacks------except GOD, have never got a job for myself or family member, I worked my whole life. Money doesn't buy everything Mr. toms, and what I have in the LOVE of my family and friends is priceless. I would appreciate an explanation to your demanding statement, and an answer to your other accusations.

---"City should charge me with all the waste of money I have created since I got in office"

---"How many lawsuits did I file on people in the last four years"?

---"Lost $40,000 in playground funds because I did not use them"?

I appreciate your answering your accusations.
    Andrea Haxton
    First Ward Councilwoman City of Lackawanna

Thumbs up

You're demending too much. Calm down.

Post Walk in my shoes.......!

Quote Originally Posted by toms View Post
    And the City should charge you for all the waste of monies you have created since you got in office, how many law suits did you file on people in the last four years, lost $40000 in playground funds because you didnt use them, you should be the one that a grievance is put on. You have been useless.

ps the good old boys did not cause the power outage, just in case you are going to blame that on them too.

Why dont you do something constructive......instead of blaming everyone else for your woes.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information