Thread: Muscle Milk

Muscle Milk

Anyone else drink Muscle Milk? There seems to be debate over the appropriate time to take it. I drink it about 45 minutes before a work out. They say drinking it before bed is beneficial as well. Is this true? I drink the light muscle milk to monitor my caloric and fat intake better. I'm relatively new to drinking it and wonder how others think it works.

Muscle Milk

A mainstay of effective and convenient nutritional programs for serious athletes, Muscle Milk® is an “evolutionary” muscle formula that promotes efficient fat burning, lean muscle growth and fast recovery from exercise. Designed after human mother’s milk, Muscle Milk is the perfect and complete protein supplement for your nutritional needs. Muscle Milk is arguably America’s favorite protein.

Muscle Milk®: Nature’s Ultimate Lean Muscle Formula

Leading scientists assessing the true role of fats in increasing lean muscle growth have shown all fats are not created equal. The type of fat determines whether you use it for muscle energy or store it as body fat! The LeanLipids™ used in Muscle Milk® promote fat loss three ways:

Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCTs), the predigested “fast burning fats,” are more likely burned for muscle energy and heat than stored as fat. 20% of Muscle Milk lipids are MCTs.
    Long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids are also less likely to be stored as fat. Special enzyme engineering makes these lipids even more functional, promoting anti-inflammatory effects and enhanced mineral retention.
    Recent research reveals calories with engineered lipids taken before and during workouts promote leanness. It is thought that these calories are used for workout energy, with less deposited as fat.

So, while Muscle Milk may contain slightly more fat than low-fat high-carb products, our Lean Lipids™ are designed to help you get leaner.

EvoPro™—Nature’s Ultimate Protein—Amino Blend
    Human milk is composed of unique and highly complex proteins, peptides and amino acids, which promote rapid muscle tissue growth. EvoPro™ includes these alpha and beta micellar caseins, alpha-lactalbumin, lactoferrin, L-glutamine and more. Nature created this precise mix to stimulate muscle growth to higher levels, and EvoPro is the ultimate nitrogen delivery source.

Muscle Milk helps grow muscle faster than gainers, whey or even creatine. This increased muscle growth is possible because Muscle Milk is the first product patterned after Nature’s ultimate anabolic food—human mother’s milk. Locked within the composition of human mother’s milk are long-held secrets to muscle growth potential. We took the next step and actually duplicated these important muscle growth factors into Muscle Milk. Muscle Milk helps you grow muscle like never before.

Quote Originally Posted by mrakwaters
    Anyone else drink Muscle Milk? There seems to be debate over the appropriate time to take it. I drink it about 45 minutes before a work out. They say drinking it before bed is beneficial as well. Is this true? I drink the light muscle milk to monitor my caloric and fat intake better. I'm relatively new to drinking it and wonder how others think it works.

right now...i believe it to be one of the best (if not THE best) products of its' kind....i know at least five trainer friends of mine who swear by it...

I live on it...I was recently in the hospital for about 5 weeks and drinking it everyday absolutely helped me heal...here's a good recipe for it
    1 (only one) serving of MM vanilla
    1 small can Pineapple juice
    1 whole banana
    3/4 cups of blueberries (strawberries raspberries and peaches all work..fresh or froze
    1/2 cup skim milk
    ice
    Blend until smooth
    creamy healthy goodness

Where do you guys buy it and for what price?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Company called Mass nutrition

Was the lowest price. The Chocolate Malt taste excellent and the Banana flavor is very good. They sell the 2.5 pound jars for $18.50

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    Company called Mass nutrition

Was the lowest price. The Chocolate Malt taste excellent and the Banana flavor is very good. They sell the 2.5 pound jars for $18.50
    Be careful on shopping for the lowest price. Not sure if it effects this product but the main distributors have two options for companies like Mass Nutrition.

Option 1 is to buy in Bulk and store. This give the best price. The challenge is if a company like Mass Nutrition does not sell the product, it sits and sits and sits. Potentially going bad. Sometimes when you find CRAZY pricing, it is because they are unloading old product or flavors that do not sell.

Option 2 is to drop ship. This is where a website like Mass Nutrition sets up an account with the distributor. You order from Mass Nutrition, Mass Nutrition places to order with the main distributor and they ship directly to you. This is more expensive, but you always get fresh products. It is not as expensive as a brick and mortar but close to option 1.

Just something to consider. If you are going to spend that much money on putting product into your system, sometimes it makes sense not to always buy the cheapest.

Protein question

What is the advantage of a drink like Muscle Milk, over a typical protein powder that Gold's might use in their drinks? Both aid in muscle recovery, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by wheresthesun
    What is the advantage of a drink like Muscle Milk, over a typical protein powder that Gold's might use in their drinks? Both aid in muscle recovery, correct?
    Little Miss Muffet must’ve been trying to lose a few pounds when she famously ate her whey. Whey has been around for ages, and as it so happens, whey protein is a weight-loss all-star. Whey is the best supplemental form of protein to maximize your retention of fat-burning lean muscle tissue. It also has the highest bio-absorption levels. This means your body’s muscles will stay more structurally supported and your metabolism revved. But the advantages of whey don’t stop there. You’ll also benefit from a strengthened immune system, increased satiety and reduced cortisol levels (a stress hormone). Whey protein should not take the place of regular meals, but it can be consumed as a snack up to two to three times a day. Try a scoop of chocolate whey protein powder blended in water with ice as a delicious 100-calorie snack drink.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by wheresthesun
    So far for me it's taste and this stuff desolves pretty good in water/skim milk. Some other drinks I tried were like drinking unflavored paste... Not that I know what paste tastes like but you see my point

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    So far for me it's taste and this stuff desolves pretty good in water/skim milk. Some other drinks I tried were like drinking unflavored paste... Not that I know what paste tastes like but you see my point
    Yes they do but MM is much much more...plus it tastes good and completely dissolves in any liquid

Quote Originally Posted by BlaCkROcKDan
    I live on it...I was recently in the hospital for about 5 weeks and drinking it everyday absolutely helped me heal...here's a good recipe for it
    1 (only one) serving of MM vanilla
    1 small can Pineapple juice
    1 whole banana
    3/4 cups of blueberries (strawberries raspberries and peaches all work..fresh or froze
    1/2 cup skim milk
    ice
    Blend until smooth
    creamy healthy goodness
    Making my mouth water just thinking about this!!! Back in the 80's I used to blend the Joe Weider vanilla protein powder with pretty much what you posted.

So this Muscle Milk stuff is pretty tasty?

Quote Originally Posted by DR_GONZO
    Making my mouth water just thinking about this!!! Back in the 80's I used to blend the Joe Weider vanilla protein powder with pretty much what you posted.

muscle milk is excellent!!....lots of flavors!!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by DR_GONZO

Last jar I had was chocolate and it was excellent. This month I have the banana creme. It's very good too.

Thread Information