Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bove Graber health Ins. Town Employees?

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo News
    Town Supervisor Wallace C. Piotrowski said he had not received any invoices from the insurer since he took office in January. He said he had been trying to get the health care insurer to reinstate its January 2007 rates to save taxpayer money.

“I’m looking out for each of the residents,” Piotrowski said.

The ordeal continued through this month, and the amount owed piled up. Piotrowski said he continued to fight for the old rates.

John Berger Jr., CEO of CIC Benefits Group, had advised the town since April as an insurance broker on how to negotiate the developing problem. Berger was certain that monthly invoices had been sent from BlueCross, even if Piotrowski was not the one to receive them.

He [Berger] said that Piotrowski had signed off on new terms with the insurer in April, but was perplexed that payments still had not been made.
    This is an amazing story. There are several things here which do not make sense.
    1. Did WP really try and make any effort to renegotiate a roll back rate to a year and half ago? Or, is this his cover story. Any one from BC/BS want to cooberate the story?
    2. If he was trying to renegotiate a rate since April, that means he has been sitting on it for May, June and half of July. Probably three months of sitting and negotiating.
    3. If he signed off on the rate, why continue negotiating, or did he not understand what he signed off on? It is inconcievable that WP, who is also a lawyer not understand what he signed, or is it?

Come on Snowwhite, and be true to your self, and Old Time Revival, any comment?

Quote Originally Posted by leavintown
    What is the difference between a 14% increase and a 30% increase? Answer: WP's negotiation skills.
    WP would not stand for a 14% increase in Health Insurance so he held out for a 30% increase from the health insurance carrier. Town employees should make sure he negotiates their contract they could likely end up with a nice pay raise. Let's see how he can pass the blame for this on to the previous board.

Where do you fools come up with your stories? Does Lazzaraa hand out talking points memos at Chuck E Cheese or something? I can't recall a single time one of you fools has been correct about anything so far.

Quote Originally Posted by FisherRd
    Where do you fools come up with your stories? Does Lazzaraa hand out talking points memos at Chuck E Cheese or something? I can't recall a single time one of you fools has been correct about anything so far.
    FisherRd, getting ready for their political run next year

FisherRd and Winfield - "Running as a team"

Quote Originally Posted by wnyfuture
    FisherRd, getting ready for their political run next year

FisherRd and Winfield - "Running as a team"

wnyfuture and stupidity- "Now there's a pair that beats 3 of a kind any day!"

Fisher, the command post is the Caboose on Union Rd., not Chuck E Cheese. As far as being correct, the origional poster of the thread was one of the women who wanted to spin Graber and your dreaded Bove in a bad light. That was the first I had heard of it, and bits and pieces of the story came out as people heard about it. Finally, it is in the paper. You have to admit that Bove and Graber were not at fault, and that Wally P. your hero is looking like he has poo on his face.

wnyfuture and stupidity- "Now there's a pair that beats 3 of a kind any day!"
    You may not like the idea of running, but wnyfuture was not the first to mention it. Winfield said he would PM you about the idea.

Run for office FisherRd!!! I'll contribute! Winfield, Manuel you too! I would love to see the honesty. Sorry, that excludes OTR.

It does no good

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel
    Come on Snowwhite, and be true to your self, and Old Time Revival, any comment?

You and 4UWS hate Wally so much that you don't want to hear the truth. You're not happy unless you're blaming him for everything. It gets tiring after a while. I don't think Wally is blameless but you don't want to hear the real story because it might put other people in a bad light - so just keep talking to same old same old. Somw day the truth will come out and then I can say "I told you so".

Quote Originally Posted by snowwhite
    You and 4UWS hate Wally so much that you don't want to hear the truth. You're not happy unless you're blaming him for everything. It gets tiring after a while. I don't think Wally is blameless but you don't want to hear the real story because it might put other people in a bad light - so just keep talking to same old same old. Somw day the truth will come out and then I can say "I told you so".
    You make this sound like a mystery. Why should it take a someday for the truth to come out. What is this "I told you so"? Frankly, your version of events either does not check out by newspaper accounts, or simply make no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by iTsAllrelatiVe
    Run for office FisherRd!!! I'll contribute! Winfield, Manuel you too! I would love to see the honesty. Sorry, that excludes OTR.
    I already asked him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manuel
    BTY, why not run. You love politics.
    For the same reasons you don't run. Time consuming, thankless, and not enough motivation.
    As for the motivation issue, we have money. Why did Wally P... give up his law practice to become a lesser paid supervisor, unless there was 'other considerations' at work.
    Last edited by Niagara; July 21st, 2008 at 11:08 PM.

Of course it excludes OTR-

+++

I like living in OP and wouldn't move back to WS any time soon! I'm trying to get my mother out, but she's a stubborn old mule!

Quote Originally Posted by OldTymeRevival
    +++

I like living in OP and wouldn't move back to WS any time soon! I'm trying to get my mother out, but she's a stubborn old mule!
    Lived in OP for five years before moving back to WS. Enjoy WS so much better, especially the neighbors. Their noses are not in the air. And then there is the driving. I exchanged a 20+ mile round trip with a four, and that was not just to the office, but to EVERYWHERE. EVERYTHING is north of OP.

OTR, you must have fit in well out there. You know, the nose thing.

You must be right Manny, look at OTR- moves to OP and begins calling his/her mother an old a**!!

She's and original Ebenezer!

You must be right Manny, look at OTR- moves to OP and begins calling his/her mother an old a**!!
    An old "German" woman- tough as nails and far too outspoken. Why, if she were computer-literate she'd be on this blog faster than Manny can extract a tooth! You've see and hear her at TB meetings- and you pass by my business several times a week! I think I've put my time into the town and I like living where I am. OP offers me a little anonymity in my dotage- and if my nose is higher there it's because I don't have to sniff the sour smell of back-biters, hypocrites, and the likes of some of you!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information