Thread: Ronald McDonald House

Ronald McDonald House

Anyone interested in putting together a SUWNY team? I'll strap my shoes on for it!

Dear Friends of the Ronald McDonald House -

This year's Ronald McDonald House 7th Annual 5KRun/Walk will be held on Wednesday, July 30, 2008 at 6:30pm. The Ronald McDonald House 5K Run/Walk raises funds for families who stay at the Ronald McDonald House while their child is hospitalized in Buffalo. For 25 years, the Ronald McDonald House has provided a "home away from home" for families of sick/injured children. The House offers family members a place to sleep, hot meals and allows them to "recharge" between visits with their hospitalized child.

We invite you to support Ronald McDonald House families by organizing a Walk/Run team. Join us for a great evening of fun to help RMH families! There is no minimum number required for "a team". Registered team members will receive a handsome, custom designed tee shirt and a post event party.

All team members must complete a registration form (see registration form attached below) and pay $20.00 registration fee to enter. Runners and walkers are also encouraged to donate pledged funds via check(s) made payable to the Ronald McDonald House on or before the day of the event.

If you would like more information on this event, please give the Ronald McDonald House a call at 883-1177 or visit the secure website at www.rmhbuffalo.org.
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

Oh yeah...we can even do a post-post-race shindig at my house if you want (it's right along the route).
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

I'd be interested. I'll have to make sure the wifey hasn't planned a get away or something. I always sign up for things and can't go because I never remember about things that have been already planned. I need an assistant!

BTw, have I seen this thread before?

Yeah, I double posted. I thought it was a good enough cause that I could get away with it.
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

I am definitely interested, but have to check on the date. Maybe it can be our warm up for next year's corporate challenge; Res, are you a corporation?

*bump*

Seriously? 3 people??? Out of the thousands (you can go ahead and give an exact count, res) of people registered here, only 3 are willing to run (or even walk) a few miles for a great cause...as well as be treated to excellent beer at my wonderful house afterwards?

Come on people...don't make me call anyone out personally (I'm especially looking at YOU, fitness posters and west-siders).
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

Thread Information