Thread: Wal-mart? May actually happen

Exclamation Wal-mart? May actually happen

With the news that Wal-mart was going ahead with the store on William & Transit again, I wanted to voice my opinion on it. At first I was on the fence about the Wal-mart. I do shop there, not alot, but I do. I like Target also, but their prices are higher. A few years ago, I didn't really want to see my are develop commercially much more. But now, with gas prices so high & everything else also rising, and a president now or future, that you know will not do anything about it, I welcome the Wal-mart with arms wide open. I cannot afford to keep driving 7 miles down Transit everytime I need something. I now want all the stores I use to come to this area. I didn't like the idea of this area becoming a new Niara Falls Blvd & Maple, but now bring it on. I want to see a Circuit City, Best Buy, the Office Supplies Stores, A Lowes or Home Depot, and also some nice specialty shops. Thanks to the Bush Economy I have officially become a home body and if I can get everything I need within wlaking or biking distance from my home. Bring it on. I am content at theis time to never leave my neighborhood except to work or vacation. Thanks.

Oh brother.

"It's a perfect example of you need to get out and vote because all your votes count".
    Mark Montour- Democratic, Republican, Independence, Conservative and Working Families parties candidate for Lancaster Town Justice

"I don't think it was luck" -Donna Stempniak, unopposed candidate for Lancaster Town Council on winning re-election.

“What these towns are about to do, if they have their way, is kill the goose that laid the golden egg” -Victor Martucci, vice president of Marrano Marc/Equity in response to local towns opposing the 339-y condo law.

Quote Originally Posted by Ctripp
    With the news that Wal-mart was going ahead with the store on William & Transit again, I wanted to voice my opinion on it. At first I was on the fence about the Wal-mart. I do shop there, not alot, but I do. I like Target also, but their prices are higher. A few years ago, I didn't really want to see my are develop commercially much more. But now, with gas prices so high & everything else also rising, and a president now or future, that you know will not do anything about it, I welcome the Wal-mart with arms wide open. I cannot afford to keep driving 7 miles down Transit everytime I need something. I now want all the stores I use to come to this area. I didn't like the idea of this area becoming a new Niara Falls Blvd & Maple, but now bring it on. I want to see a Circuit City, Best Buy, the Office Supplies Stores, A Lowes or Home Depot, and also some nice specialty shops. Thanks to the Bush Economy I have officially become a home body and if I can get everything I need within wlaking or biking distance from my home. Bring it on. I am content at theis time to never leave my neighborhood except to work or vacation. Thanks.
    Why don't you write to one of them stores you mention and maybe they will put a store in your neighborhood. Transit Road, like you say, is getting pretty filled up and having a lot of accidents.

Maybe the Lancaster politicians elected should have dusted off that master plan and thought about walkable communities years ago with shopping centers so that people wouldn't have to drive 7 miles to shop.

hmmm......

I would love to see this mindset help revitalize and refocus the town's & village's energy on the downtown corridor. If people are going to want to shop and receive their services locally, let's see how we can use that to help fill the vacant shops and storefronts.

MM

When the traffic gets so bad that you can't even get down Transit, or Central, or William, etc. we can all be real home bodies. Maybe we can just all never leave our homes at all and just order everything online and have it dropped off on our door steps.

Thread Information