Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Patchin Community Days - Disappoints all

Patchin Community Days - Disappoints all

Another year of Patchin Community Days has come and gone.

anyone else disappointed in the event?

Either give it up all together or make it worth attending

DONT HALF ASS IT!!

Disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by Iknow
    Another year of Patchin Community Days has come and gone.

anyone else disappointed in the event?

give it up all together
    lots of people were. 3 rides? WOW........ Now your going to say they made money?..... Ya right

Make Money?

the public will never know how much money flows. Only the Plutas know that..

"Patchin Community Days Committee" has never divulged how much money is made and who gets it.

Bring back Hill Fest, back when all the fire companies were involved and competed against each other. Now that was a good time.

What happened to the Fire Works on Sunday?

Did the Chair of the committee cancel them? like the rides a few years back...

Always yapping at the mouth

Your always putting people down. But it seems you never want to Volunteer your time to help. Community Days is always looking for volunteers. There are only so many people that are willing to volunteer their time the week of the event. Did you?? Stop slamming the fire companies. We all know your beef is with Jim, not the fire company.
    Yes it was a disappointment I will agree, however, I will not sit here and criticize these people for the all the hard work and effort they put in to it.
    If I recall, it was either last year or the year before where town fire companies and surrounding areas were involved in the Fire Truck pull.
    Kudos to Patchin Firefighters! They worked their butts off. If Boston and North Boston members wanted to join the committee, I'm sure they would be welcomed with open arms. As I said already volunteers are needed and that has been advertised. You have a lot of nerve to criticize.
    Provide honest constructive criticism and I'm sure people will be willing to listen. I spoke with one of the committee members the last day of the event and suggested a link be put on the web site, asking for the Communities input as to what they would like to see. I think issues lie with volunteers.

Make Money?

"Patchin Community Days Committee" has never divulged how much money is made and who gets it.

Bring back Hill Fest, back when all the fire companies were involved and competed against each other. Now that was a good time.

Holy crap...someone actually has a good head on their shoulders.

We did work hard this year, thank you for appreciating that. And the fireworks were cancelled due do the weather. Im sure most of you can...try to understand that...

Seriously you typed that?! Yes...lets have fire companies compete and care more about competition than helping out the town and each other!!! what a great idea you moron. Honestly I think half of the people that post on here dissing the Patchin Fire Company and Jim Pluta and Bill Eagan and Rich Hawkins and anyone else they can sink their claws into must have been dropped on their damn heads.
    One thing I think cant be said on here enough is "grow a pair, shut up and grow up." you children.

And Iknow, maybe if you pulled out head out of somewhere and cared to join a committee or a fire company you would know about the money, which seems to me thats all you care about anyways.

This is so sad.
    Lies are coming back in style.So shut your mouth we've heard it all, hypocrites and critics all.

Wink What is your problem?

Make Money?

We really need to meet some day.
    The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his.

George S. Patton

Make Money?

It is true to the best of my knowledge that the Boston Community Days committee has never divulged how much money they have made........with that being said the following figures were obtained from the Guidestar website:

2004 Net: $5,022

2005 Net: $7,089

2006 Net: $6,680

I heard thru the rumor mill they were down 60% this year.
    I never said I had no idea about most of the things you said I said I had no idea about.

Quote Originally Posted by The War Is ON
    We really need to meet some day.
    Make sure you wear that pretty pink dress

You only get one chance to make a first impression....................
    I never said I had no idea about most of the things you said I said I had no idea about.

Quote Originally Posted by PVFC.EMS
    what a great idea you moron. Honestly I think half of the people that post on here dissing the Patchin Fire Company and Jim Pluta and Bill Eagan and Rich Hawkins and anyone else they can sink their claws into must have been dropped on their damn heads.
    Why must you sound so defensive? You seem to be a resonable individual, but sometimes I swear you and war could be brother and sister............

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers77
    Why must you sound so defensive? You seem to be a resonable individual, but sometimes I swear you and war could be brother and sister............

No thats just what happens when you believe in the same things and you follow the brotherhood and sisterhood of the fire companies.

its kinda like "you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours."
    Lies are coming back in style.So shut your mouth we've heard it all, hypocrites and critics all.

I just call them like I see them.

Volunteer? for what?

to Walk around and smoke and drink beer and wait for Pluta to tell me what to do? Eat free food because your on the commity?

No thanks!! I dont smoke or drink.

Give up Community Days its been driven into the ground.

Well thats a sad excuse

Well hey I dont smoke or drink either.

yet I still volunteer my time for this town.

because I care.

I just call them like I see them.

Volunteer? for what?

to Walk around and smoke and drink beer and wait for Pluta to tell me what to do? Eat free food because your on the commity?

No thanks!! I dont smoke or drink.

Give up Community Days its been driven into the ground.
    As an outsider from another Town, I attended the Boston Community Days back in 2004. Seemed like a good time and things werent too bad. Didnt get back until this year, and things really were pathetic.

I understand Boston is not a huge Town, but that was a poor display. Maybe the Town should take a year or two off and revamp its whole thing. It surely doesnt reflect well upon your town when it looks like things are done half-assed.

Where's Waldo?

Lackawanna's festival was a great success. Maybe Boston should hire our Economic Development Director

Ok the reason why there werent many rides this year is because all the ride vendors were already booked, and instead of moving the dates every year it was decided that they keep the dates and sacrifice the rides. and the weather, well no one could really help that.

does that help? it wasnt a money issue alright? any thing else?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information