Thread: An Old Dog learns something new.

An Old Dog learns something new.

While watching History Channel last night making it Oct 20th 2011 on Mount Rushmore. I bet you did not know that Gutzon Borglum who built the famous monument was also a member of the KKK. The main purpose for the monument was to foster the need for American Manifest Destiny. We really think we know so much about this country of ours after 60 years of life I did not know much about this man as I do now.

Also, one of his workers Korczak Ziółkowski had a fight with Borglum son and was fired by Borglum for beating up his son. Korczak Ziółkowski was then commission by the Lakota Indians to do a monument on Crazy Horse. Korczak saw an opportunity to get EVEN with Gutzon Borglum. The Crazy Horse monument is bigger than Rushmore and ever well so. The monument was built to shadow Gutzon Borglum’s mount Rushmore on purpose.

I guess my main point is no matter how much we think we know about this country of ours some times we know very little unless we dig into our history of America to find the truth. The Black hills are now on my list for vacation sites.
    Last edited by Riven37; October 21st, 2011 at 10:23 AM.
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

Thread Information