Thread: Yep, it's the Imus thread

Yep, it's the Imus thread

This should be such a non-story, that it shouldn't even be a story.

I think I missed it

Quote Originally Posted by therising

imus is beyond awful......he should have been gone 15 years ago....

absolutely right rising...do I agree with the guy...nope.....does he have a RIGHT to say what he says..ABSOLUTELY

Quote Originally Posted by BlaCkROcKDan
    absolutely right rising...do I agree with the guy...nope.....does he have a RIGHT to say what he says..ABSOLUTELY
    Imus is trying to weasel out of it, by saying he was misunderstood.

The truth is - if comedians are not allowed to joke about Blacks / Italians / Jews / Poles / Latinos / etc etc etc. then this country really has gone too far.

Unregistered
    Imus is trying to weasel out of it, by saying he was misunderstood.

The truth is - if comedians are not allowed to joke about Blacks / Italians / Jews / Poles / Latinos / etc etc etc. then this country really has gone too far.
    It's allowed...well, sort-of.

Black comedians joke about whites all of the time. I've never heard a public outcry about that.

comedians??.....fine..

.....but imus is and always has been,a no talent hack...

Unregistered
    Much ado about nothing. I wish Imus was back on the tube. His radio program isn't carried down here.

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff
    comedians??.....fine..

.....but imus is and always has been,a no talent hack...
    gotta disagree with you on this one puff...entertainers are entertainers and Imus has always been considered a "funny" jock.....freedom of speech should be as simple as that...The freedom to say anything....not with you on this one buddy

A tip from your racist friend...

What we white nationalists have learned while watching the media conglomerate, is whenever there is a friggin' stupid story like this being thrown at you for no reason, always check what Congress is doing.

House approves $162 billion war-spending bill
    http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...C17R.DTL&tsp=1

Quote Originally Posted by Sock Puppet
    What we white nationalists have learned while watching the media conglomerate, is whenever there is a friggin' stupid story like this being thrown at you for no reason, always check what Congress is doing.

House approves $162 billion war-spending bill
    http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...C17R.DTL&tsp=1

I am not a white nationalist! But when congress is in session you should always keep an eye on them in the past couple days the house also passed HR6304 the FISA amendment which makes the spying the current administration is doing legal and gives the telecom industry immunity for handing all your private communications over to the government.
    If you walk around in a forest with your eyes closed you will eventually walk in to a tree.

2 + 2 = 5

Jesus died for your sins I do it for your mere entertainment dollar (Doug Stanhope)

I guess it's time (as it always has to be when "freedom of speech" is shouted) to remind everyone what exactly 'Freedom of Speech" means.

It means you can say whatever you want, whenever you want, without fear of prosecution. That's it. Nothing more. That doesn't mean there won't be any other consequences. It only means that the GOVERNMENT cannot prosecute you for speaking your mind. If your employer chooses to can you, then that's your own deal. If you incite someone to punch you in the nose, take your beating and put some ice on it. It is ONLY when the governmental authorities get involved in restricting what you say that "Freedom of Speech" is in any way infringed.
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

Ah

F*** Imus, he's such a jerk and a full blown racist...If he is so stupid to not be aware of his own thoughts before he lets them out of his mouth, then he has no business being on the air.
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Riven37
    F*** Imus, he's such a jerk and a full blown racist...If he is so stupid to not be aware of his own thoughts before he lets them out of his mouth, then he has no business being on the air.
    With that "logic," most black comedians and "activists" have "no business being on the air" as well.

Quote Originally Posted by run4it
    I guess it's time (as it always has to be when "freedom of speech" is shouted) to remind everyone what exactly 'Freedom of Speech" means.

It means you can say whatever you want, whenever you want, without fear of prosecution. That's it. Nothing more. That doesn't mean there won't be any other consequences. It only means that the GOVERNMENT cannot prosecute you for speaking your mind. If your employer chooses to can you, then that's your own deal. If you incite someone to punch you in the nose, take your beating and put some ice on it. It is ONLY when the governmental authorities get involved in restricting what you say that "Freedom of Speech" is in any way infringed.
    EXACTLY...nicely put

Thread Information