Thread: Mayeyenko backing geoff szymanski

Mayeyenko backing geoff szymanski

Say it isn't so Geoff. It appears that John Makeyenko is backing Geoff Szymanki. Geoff tell us that you have not made a backroom deal with the Makeyenko Klan. I wonder what job Geoff wants for his sister (Elementary School Teacher). I wonder what Geoff offered the Makeyenko group for the backing. This is the old time politics that has taken this city down. Didn't Geoff learn that a backing by Makeyenko is political suicide. This a desperate move that will only cause the continued downward spiral of the city and we deserve better. By bringing the political crap that we experience with the School Board into the city it will only breed more contempt by the citizens of our city. Makeyenko's days are numbered and should be discarded like the trash that he is. If this is the case I will vote for anyone other than Geoff, this is a cancer we don't need. Once in office the damage is done.
    Last edited by getalife123; October 20th, 2011 at 02:58 PM.

Post Things have not changed a bit and they won't either if "The Machine" continues ......

Quote Originally Posted by getalife123 View Post
    Say it isn't so Geoff. It appears that John Makeyenko is backing Geoff Szymanki. Geoff tell us that you have not made a backroom deal with the Makeyenko Klan. I wonder what job Geoff wants for his sister (Elementary School Teacher). I wonder what Geoff offered the Makeyenko group for the backing. This is the old time politics that has taken this city down. Didn't Geoff learn that a backing by Makeyenko is political suicide. This a desperate move that will only cause the continued downward spiral of the city and we deserve better. By bringing the political crap that we experience with the School Board into the city it will only breed more contempt by the citizens of our city. Makeyenko's days are numbered and should be discarded like the trash that he is. If this is the case I will vote for anyone other than Geoff, this is a cancer we don't need. Once in office the damage is done.

.......control of "The Jobs in this City"!

You are probably onto something getalife123! The ducks are lining up even though there are many fence-sitters and double agents playing them all!

They ALL want control of the jobs...and promotions are the really BIG deal that goes along with it. Sadly the silent majority sit by the sidelines and let it go on because they feel it is a monster with too many heads ......... Or they don't care enough about it so they just look the other way.
    J. M. probably makes a good $50 grand with Cadillac benefits at LMHA and he uses his $55.00 a pop paycheck when he serves a warrant as one of the 2 Lackawanna City Marshall's as his petty cash.
    I know people who would love a City Marshall position, going to college to try to break into Law Enforcement.....why just 10 evictions/week = $550.00! I am not against anyone working their job, BUT working for the City and Schools--Housing and City--County and City.....is GREED and it is NOT FAIR to other struggling people! Why they advertise for cleaners, etc. in other communities in the Penny Saver.....have you ever seen a classified ad for a cleaner position in Lackawanna?

They grew up with the "anything goes" "what's in it for me" mindset.......if it wasn't true OUR School rankings would have never plummeted over the past 16 years and we would be flourishing. Father Baker would cringe if he knew the greed going on here.........sadly, he must have felt some of it, remember he wanted to name us "Victoria or Victoryville". He tried to fight off the tycoons from naming us "Lack"awanna, but their money spoke louder than the voice of the "Padre of the Poor." (He got the last laugh in though didn't he?!)

Does anyone know what our Lackawanna School District rankings were from say 1985-2000?
    How are the employees who work for any Lackawanna government entity NOT in the clique' handling all the unfairness? Favoritism is wrong---firing someone and replacing them with a "connected" person is beyond sickening! I hear it goes on a lot and this is how the machine feeds itself. Dead bodies....wake up and start talking. I still can't get over that "connected" woman who works 60/hrs/week between the City and School because her Father told me J. M. couldn't find anyone else. And then when she went out sick recently her substitute was the wifey of the scorned School Board member who left abruptly for unknown reasons! Oh please!
    What a nice gig he/they have going on off the backs of our Children and Citizens (many are Seniors on very limited incomes to boot!)

A recent travesty of an article in NewWNYPolitics:

A Dem Nominee Who Wants To Improve The Steel City...And Actually Lives There!
    Written by Glenn Gramigna, Editor
    SZYMANSKI: RUNNING FOR LACKAWANNA MAYOR TO CREATE JOBS, UPGRADE NEIGHBORHOODS, IMPROVE RECREATION FOR ALL
    What's the difference between 2nd District Lackawanna Councilman and Democratic mayoral nominee Geoff Szymanski and his write-in opponent, Dion Watkins?

Geoff hasn't done anything since he has been in office.

"I live here and my opponent doesn't,” is the reply Councilman Geoff Szymanski quickly offers in response to this question. “He lives in Hamburg.”
    And in fact, while Watkins owns a home in Hamburg, he is claiming to be living at his mother's house in Lackawanna, not a very convincing claim.

Are you sure about this one? Living at his mom's house? Don't you live at your Dad's house Geoff? Seriously what's the difference?

Still, Councilman Szymanski is running for mayor of Lackawanna, not just to battle Watkins whom he defeated in the Sept. 13 Democratic primary by 15 votes, but to improve the quality of life for Steel City residents.

“My first goal as mayor will be to do whatever I can to create jobs for Lackawanna residents who need them,” he firmly declares. “I also want to do something to upgrade our neighborhoods, many of which have gone downhill in recent years. And, I want to improve opportunities for recreation in our city, not just for young people but also for adults. We need better recreational facilities in Lackawanna for everyone.”
    Let's see this guy has been in office for 6 years and the 2nd Ward has deteriorated badly in this time along with the playgrounds and lack of recreational activities. Now after 6 years in office he has a plan? Why hasn't he had one before? Mr. Jaworski wouldn't let him? Is that the best excuse you can come up with? Please the citizens of Lackawanna deserve better!

A Navy veteran, Geoff came out of the service as a machinist who kept losing jobs to so-called “free trade”
    So has everyone else! Welcome to the club! By the way thank Bill Clinton for the Chinese one!

“I would get jobs but then the jobs would be shipped overseas because of these trade agreements such as NAFTA, the Central American Free Trade Agreement and so on,” he recalls. “I was getting tired of it and I actually had a job lined up in the State of Washington when a county legislator gave me the chance to work for the Erie County Legislature. When I was there working on the staff, I did what I could to help both the Democrats and the Republicans on the Legislature because I knew the more information they had, the better they could serve their constituents.”

From what I heard from several sources was that during a council meeting recently he said he wouldn't work with certian legislators because they were Republican. Now all of a sudden he's bipartsian? Really hmmmm! More election time bs if you ask me! BTW there are plenty of machinist jobs in WNY. Sounds like he's making an excuse for getting into politics and his ECWA job if you ask me.

Finally, Geoff's service at County Hall led residents of Lackawanna's Second Ward to ask him to be there Councilman. Now he is seeking to make good use of the experience he has gained in various posts as mayor.
    “I intend to get a leave of absence from the Erie County Water Authority, where I work now, if I am elected mayor,” Geoff pledges. “My opponent is a teacher who says he is dedicated to education. So why would he leave his job as a teacher to become mayor?”

This is great. Another politician like Norm Polanski who saves his job with the leave bs. Problem is the ECWA will only allow you to take a 1 year leave of absence. Let's see what a certian water authority commissioner/ Democratic Chairman decides to do to change this. Another example of abuse by political hacks.

A newly wed who married his wife, Janelle, also a Polish-American, earlier this year, Geoff had to postpone their honeymoon so he could campaign.
    “This was one of the most beautiful summers WNY has ever had,” he recalls. “Yet, I had to tell Janelle that we couldn't go on our honeymoon because I was busy knocking on doors. Hopefully, we'll be able to have our honeymoon after the election. Janelle has been very supportive of my dedication to working hard to make Lackawanna a better place in which to live for all our residents.”
    Last edited by mnb811; October 23rd, 2011 at 03:22 AM.

I see the hater, MNB, is back. FYI, no one is asking you. YOU DON"T LIVE HERE!!!!!

But I own property here!!! Duh. Why not prove what I said is wrong?

Hey MNB seen you at the firemans ball. Surprise you didn't complain about that.

Why would I?

Quote Originally Posted by mnb811 View Post
    But I own property here!!! Duh. Why not prove what I said is wrong?
    or prove what you said is true by showing supporting information. maybe it is more fun to throw things at the wall and see what sticks. why wouldn't you go all the way back and blame nixon for anything chinese.

Hey mnb811, if you don't live in Lackawanna, why do you concern yourself so much with the politics here? If you hate them so much why not just sell your property and move on? Just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by had enough yet View Post
    or prove what you said is true by showing supporting information. maybe it is more fun to throw things at the wall and see what sticks. why wouldn't you go all the way back and blame nixon for anything chinese.
    Look thru this blog. All the information for the last article I critiqued is on here. Furthermore when I do back up the info I get accused of cut and pasting and its slander and lies etc... blah blah blah. All you have to do is drive around the 2nd ward and see how bad it is decaying and yet not one thing has been put into place to solve the problem except an unenforceable landlord liscensing law in an election year by Szymanski. What other solutions has he come up with in the last 6 years? NOTHING. Wake up people.

Quote Originally Posted by mnb811 View Post
    Look thru this blog. All the information for the last article I critiqued is on here. Furthermore when I do back up the info I get accused of cut and pasting and its slander and lies etc... blah blah blah. All you have to do is drive around the 2nd ward and see how bad it is decaying and yet not one thing has been put into place to solve the problem except an unenforceable landlord liscensing law in an election year by Szymanski. What other solutions has he come up with in the last 6 years? NOTHING. Wake up people.
    so what is your solution?

The solution is to get Americorps or any other non profit organization involved in rebuilding and fixing the run down properties. This in turn with community service for all the drug offenders etc. in this city participating in this. This in turn will also able people to learn a trade or skill and take pride in the community they live in.But you need to have code enforcement be diligent and have a better stricter and more efficient housing court in place to enforce the laws also. The landlord liscensing law does nothing to repair the problems that are there already and have been neglected by city officials and the owners for years. It is just a cop out for some one like Szymanski to say he is actually doing something when in reality he isn't doing squat. Furthermore when a city government neglects these problems it shows the citizens that they do not care about the way the city looks which makes them not care either. With a little bit of action by public officials you can turn the city around by instilling pride in the community and then the citizens will start holding each other accountable for their properties etc.. Very simple to do but politics always comes first in the City of Lackawanna and that is just to damn bad and it will never happen because of it.

Jaworski and McCusker are backing Dion, looks like promotions for someones sons if he wins...you people crack me up!

And Geoff is being backed by every other politician who bled the city dry so what is worse? One guy named Jaworski or the machine who ran the city into the ground in the first place? That would be the machine and its 40 years of unchecked power.
    Last edited by mnb811; October 24th, 2011 at 10:43 PM.

See, this thread was good too but the "Machine" still wins. SHEEP SHEEP SHEEP! They should use the citizens of Lackabrains for a Serta commercial.

Thread Information