Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2nd animal control officer arrested.

Quote Originally Posted by Eat My Gun
    Spare me the internet chat machismo. You know the ACO's name and where he works. What's stopping you from meeting him and punching him right in the face?

My point was and remains that the concept of animal cruelty is completely arbitrary. You'll never convince me that putting a bullet in a cat's head is any more cruel than using drugs to suffocate it. And while we're on that subject, let's talk about slaughterhouses. Go on youtube sometime and check out how they string up cows by their ankles and cut their throats. Let's start charging meat industry workers. We can charge hunters with cruelty too.

Why is it that a locally appointed animal control officer can't make the decision to euthanize an animal but the SPCA can? It's absolute BS that this guy is being charged with anything. This guy's politically incorrect method of killing the cats is reallly the issue.
    It aint macho let me see anyone hurting a animal and I promise I will be down your throat so far you will crap a hand. I dont hunt any more becuase i look at things different now. Leg traps for coyotes are cruel.We all have to eat so the cow thing is off the table. Those cats could have been left alone or taken to a shelter. Lots of choice this worthless piece of crap could have made.I hope the F dies a slow miserable death.

Been a while

It's been a while since anyone commented on this subject, but something recently happened to me and I wanted to share it.

I have nuisance squirrels on my property. They got in the attic and have caused damage. I went to Home Depot and bought squirrel traps. I put one in the attic and one outside. The one outside caught a skunk. I called animal control, Fred Grasso, but got voice mail. So I called the police, explained what happened and requested they contact animal control for me.

Fred came alright. He put his trap up to mine and eventually the skunk walked into his trap. He left a note in my mail box, which I didn't get until the next day. Here is what it says:
    "PLEASE DO NOT RESET THE TRAP. I DON'T NEED YOUR HELP. YOU'LL BE ON YOUR OWN NEXT TIME. ALSO ITS AGAINST THE LAW TO TRAP NUISANCE WILDLIFE WITHOUT A LICENSE.
    FRED GRASSO ACO"

I wasn't trying to trap a skunk and I did a little research and found that it is legal to trap nuisance squirrels on your property.

This note has me pretty ticked off. I think he was just angry because he had to do his job, which was not pleasant because the skunk sprayed a lot.

Good ole Freddy

I also had an issue with freddy...In April 08 I recieved a letter stating the dogs on my property were unregisted and that if I didnt get them registered within 5 days I could face fines of $500.00 a day..I agree that the dogs were not registered. I went down the following day and did infact get them registered...Two weeks later I recieved a certified letter from freddy stating that on may 1st I believe he did a reinspection of the property and taht I failed to comply with the original summons and had to appear in Lackawanna city court..I did attend which cost me a days work and it was dropped. The problem I had with this was if he had reinspected the property he would of seen the tags on the collars. Secondly, you would think that he would check with the clerk which is one floor below.. On another issue as far as the animal control goes..What do they do when not collecting animals? Do they get paid by the hour or by the animal?? The reason I ask is everytime I go down Magnolia St. by ridge and abbott there is an animal control van in the driveway. It dont matter the time or day its always there..Just wondering

Quote Originally Posted by nscar68
    On another issue as far as the animal control goes..What do they do when not collecting animals? Do they get paid by the hour or by the animal?? The reason I ask is everytime I go down Magnolia St. by ridge and abbott there is an animal control van in the driveway. It dont matter the time or day its always there..Just wondering
    I checked the Lackawanna City Site and Jacalyn Grasso owns 77 Magnolia. I suppose I'd rather see the van sitting in the driveway rather than being driven for personal use. Trust me the guy didn't reinspect your property, nor did he bother checking with the city clerks office. You were pulled in to court to teach you a lesson by inconveniencing you. You are aware that a neighbor complained about the dogs, right? Depending upon the amount of political pull that the neighbor has will depend on much the City feels you should be inconvenienced. Sadly, that's how this City works.

Quote Originally Posted by tiredofbs
    I checked the Lackawanna City Site and Jacalyn Grasso owns 77 Magnolia. I suppose I'd rather see the van sitting in the driveway rather than being driven for personal use. Trust me the guy didn't reinspect your property, nor did he bother checking with the city clerks office. You were pulled in to court to teach you a lesson by inconveniencing you. You are aware that a neighbor complained about the dogs, right? Depending upon the amount of political pull that the neighbor has will depend on much the City feels you should be inconvenienced. Sadly, that's how this City works.
    These free cheesers need to be dropped in ther tracks. This dog warden had better never meet me on the street.Kitten killing bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by Cgoodsp466
    These free cheesers need to be dropped in ther tracks. This dog warden had better never meet me on the street.Kitten killing bastard.
    I agree with you. He certainly had other options, killing should have been a last resort and only if a human life was being threatened. The guy is just plain mean, even to humans.

I't scary to know he carrys a loaded gun isn't it?

Thumbs up straight talk

and he avoids straight talk

Quote Originally Posted by zanna vaida
    and he avoids straight talk
    Have you an an experience with Fred Grasso too? Please share?

Fred Grasso was caught selling Dwarf Caimans in 2006 - arrived dead

Quote Originally Posted by tiredofbs View Post
    Have you an an experience with Fred Grasso too? Please share?
    Did you ever see this thread?

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=86923

Look at the pics and the SPCA labels:

Are Lackawanna Officials aware of this?

Are Lackawanna Officials aware of this package being sent?
    If so was any action taken?
    Russia didn't make me vote for Trump, Hillary did.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lackawanna View Post
    Are Lackawanna Officials aware of this package being sent?
    If so was any action taken?
    Barbara Carr of the SPCA knows about this.

I was informed that his son sent the package.

A real "gem" of a family.

WNY has thousands of wild cats left to roam, starve or be killed somehow.

It's hard to say where I stand on this issue because I can't bear to see these animals suffer so. Grasso was entirely wrong in the way he handled it and he gave a terrible example to the children involved. He should probably be let go for using total bad judgment.

Want to see something awful? Go in the back rooms of the Buffalo Animal Shelter and see the hundreds of animals, depressed and hopeless, with no way of being adopted. They are just unadoptable. The shelter is stretched beyond their means and does the best it can.

Quote Originally Posted by speaker View Post
    WNY has thousands of wild cats left to roam, starve or be killed somehow.

It's hard to say where I stand on this issue because I can't bear to see these animals suffer so. Grasso was entirely wrong in the way he handled it and he gave a terrible example to the children involved. He should probably be let go for using total bad judgment.
    Please don't forget about the dog he killed in July 2003 and died near the creek where he was killed.

His family is not known to be a nice one in Lackawanna.

Lackawanna is more political/patronage than anything. I taught there, I saw the patronage/political side.

COURT DATE for Lackawanna Animal Control Officer in West Seneca

West Seneca Town Court
    1250 Union Road
    West Seneca NY 14224
    January 6 2009 at 8:00 PM

Contributed by: SPCA Serving Erie County 716-629-3505

The public needs to know that this case was never put on the back burner and there are some who feel that Fred Grasso should lose his job over this in addition to killing a dog a few years ago.

Please see the information found on the SPCA\'s Website:

http://www.yourspca.org/site/News2?p...rticle&id=6323

Buffalo News Article:
    http://www.buffalonews.com/437/story/505381.html

Fred Grasso\'s next hearing has been moved to the nearby town of West Seneca, NY.

Frederick S. Grasso, the Lackawanna animal control officer who is accused of fatally shooting three cats on June 10, is due back in West Seneca Town Court at 8 p. m. Jan. 6.

West Seneca Town Justice Richard B. Scott Tuesday night denied a motion to dismiss two misdemeanor charges against Grasso. Scott previously denied the same motion on Grasso\'s behalf at an Oct. 14 hearing.

Grasso, 60, is accused of violating the state Agriculture and Markets Law. He remains on the job.
    Lackwanna Mayor Norman Polanski responded by saying this case is a publicity stunt by the SPCA? Read here:
    http://article.wn.com/view/2008/06/2...blicity_stunt/

Kindly contact:
    Judge Richard B. Scott
    West Seneca Town Court
    1250 Union Road
    West Seneca, NY 14224

Phone: 716.558.3247
    Fax: 716.674.0518

(Grasso\'s Attorney) City Attorney, Arc Petricca cityattorney@ci.lackawanna.ny.us

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information