Thread: edamame, almost perfection.

edamame, almost perfection.

Does anyone else here eat edamame? Massive amounts of protein, no fat. I'm just concerned about the estrogen content. No need to grow a camel toe.

I'm presently buying it at Wegmans for $2 per bag, but I'd really like to find a place it can be purchased in bulk. The Asians are tight-lipped on their source, but the Yemenites were protective of their khat sources until they got to know me.

The fact that the spell-checker doesn't recognize the word is unfortunate, but nice for us that know what it is.
    Most of all I like bulldozers and dirt

I never heard of it until now. Thankfully it isn't like khale - the closest thing I know to fertilizer on a stem.

I've been drinking all my veggies of late via a vita mixer. I wonder how it would do in a tomato-carrot-potato(cooked)-avocado-cashew soup.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    I wonder how it would do in a tomato-carrot-potato(cooked)-avocado-cashew soup.
    Try it, but if you knew what I was talking about you would never place it in a blender. Much like khat, it's a social process, not a a cheap smoothie.
    Most of all I like bulldozers and dirt

Quote Originally Posted by nickelcityhomes View Post
    Try it, but if you knew what I was talking about you would never place it in a blender. Much like khat, it's a social process, not a a cheap smoothie.
    I'm confused, I thought you were talking about a food item. When I was younger I socialized a lot over something that grew on a stem. But we usually smoked it although it could be eaten.

I have posted an article on soybeans on my blog site if you are interested, and have listed some wonderful resources at the bottom of the post if you are interested in learning more.

Have you tried the Lexington Food Co-Op in Buffalo for your bulk Edamame's? Hope this helps even though it has been awhile since you posted your question.
    www.gardenofhealthmin.com

Alright, great eats. Joining a local farm co-op is great direct action besides eating non-tampered with food.

The feds have been SWATing across the nation small farms who are selling raw milk. Their gaining control of the food supply, foot in the door, at a time.

Support local, support real food.
    Democrats Against UN Agenda 21 - Democrats Against UN Agenda 21

My granddaughter bought me a bag of these (frozen) a year ago or so. Never was sure what to do with them but I know the shells are very tough.
    Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.
    Plato

Quote Originally Posted by anyones neighbor View Post
    My granddaughter bought me a bag of these (frozen) a year ago or so. Never was sure what to do with them but I know the shells are very tough.
    They are like peas, remove the pod.
    Democrats Against UN Agenda 21 - Democrats Against UN Agenda 21

Quote Originally Posted by tonym View Post
    They are like peas, remove the pod.
    I thought of that too. Why would they FREEZE all of those with the pods on if they're not edible? The beans are good too!
    Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.
    Plato

Let them thaw, rinse them, put them in the microwave on a paper towel for 20 seconds, put in a bowl and add a touch of salt. Put the pod in your mouth bit on it until it breaks and eat the 2 or 3 beans.
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Quote Originally Posted by Dougles View Post
    Let them thaw, rinse them, put them in the microwave on a paper towel for 20 seconds, put in a bowl and add a touch of salt. Put the pod in your mouth bit on it until it breaks and eat the 2 or 3 beans.
    Thank you!
    Plato

Thread Information