Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New Regulations for Teen Drivers?

Quote Originally Posted by keyboard150 View Post
    That's the problem. I don't see a 16 or 17 year old as a child. They're not saving "children." They're putting young adults in danger by raising the age.
    If you want to protect children, require 10 year olds to be bubble wrapped when they get in the car.
    To me it sounds like another issue where parents expect SOMEONE ELSE to teach or watch over there children. Hell my parents did a great job teaching me how to drive, they were very positive and patient teachers, it took me 4 months to get my license and i haven't EVER been in an accident only a few speeding tickets!

My parents waited until i had my license before I took drivers ED, they didn't want to pawn the responsibility on someone else they did it themselves!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougles View Post
    To me it sounds like another issue where parents expect SOMEONE ELSE to teach or watch over there children. Hell my parents did a great job teaching me how to drive, they were very positive and patient teachers, it took me 4 months to get my license and i haven't EVER been in an accident only a few speeding tickets!

My parents waited until i had my license before I took drivers ED, they didn't want to pawn the responsibility on someone else they did it themselves!
    My parents were shocked at how well I drove my "first time."

Little did they know, I was driving my friend's cars since I was 14-years-old.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougles View Post

But that's exactly it. Parents have gotten lazy. (Obviously most everyone on this board is a good parent--so you're exempt from this statement) Parents are just squeezing out kids and not doing anything with them. They expect someone else to teach their kids about morality, sex, driving a car. They expect someone else to pay for their child's food. Soon they'll expect someone else to have the kid for them!

My parents also did a great job teaching me how to drive...especially stick. Trust me, no one else would have had a chance teaching me that. My parents---patient!
    http://www.buffaloreuse.org/~kool aid free zone~

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information