Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obama Sh*ts on Police...Literally

Obama Sh*ts on Police...Literally

PORTLAND, OR – Police officers in Portland, Oregon, are still waiting for an apology from Barack Obama after campaign staffers of his recent rally in Portland, Oregon, setup porta potties directly on top of the Portland Police Memorial, which honors the agency’s 25 fallen police officers.
    The Obama rally drew a crowd of over 75,000 people.
    Officer Thomas Brennan, who was working overtime at the rally, took a picture of the offending toilets, with the American flag still at half mast because of Police Officers Memorial Day, directly behind them. The local law enforcement memorial service had been held at the site only five days earlier.
    Despite a large amount of open areas in the vicinity, the campaign staffers claimed the toilets were placed on the memorial for safety reasons to accommodate wheelchair access.

Oh brother...

so...campaign staffers were left in complete charge of a facility that holds 75,000 people and there was no oversight from the facility itself. Please rent out the Ralph or HSBC Arena (or for that matter one of the local groves) and find out how much control you have over placement of any outside materials.

Quote Originally Posted by Foot Fungus
    Oh brother...

so...campaign staffers were left in complete charge of a facility that holds 75,000 people and there was no oversight from the facility itself. Please rent out the Ralph or HSBC Arena (or for that matter one of the local groves) and find out how much control you have over placement of any outside materials.
    It was not a facility. It was an open space from my understanding. A park if you will. Out of all of the open space, they decided to place it over a memorial.

I mean common sense.....never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS
    It was not a facility. It was an open space from my understanding. A park if you will. Out of all of the open space, they decided to place it over a memorial.

oopsy

Despite a large amount of open areas in the vicinity, the campaign staffers claimed the toilets were placed on the memorial for safety reasons to accommodate wheelchair access.
    Aside from this appearing to be a non-issue created by people who need something to hold against a particular candidate, has the campaign staff's claim been corroborated or debunked?
    One beautiful thing about having a government of the corporations, by the corporations, and for the corporations is that every disaster is measured in terms of economic loss. It's sort of like getting your arm sheared off in a car accident and thinking, "Damn, now it'll take longer to fold the laundry" as blood spurts from your arteries. - The Rude Pundit

Originally Posted by leftWNYbeacauseofBS

Exactly. A park, a facility etc...it falls under someone's juristdiction, and they usually will police them carefully and thoroughly. I highly doubt that the Obama campaign staffers said "hey there's a really cool place in the woods that would hold about 75,000 people, let's have a rally there. I hope there's no memorials or monuments there".

The fact that there is a memorial there says that it is in a controlled spot, I would think that the police didn't put the memorial there so that no one would see it.

I really don't care which campaign gets picked on for garbage like this, but if this is a harbinger of things to come, God help us.

Quote Originally Posted by raoul duke
    Aside from this appearing to be a non-issue created by people who need something to hold against a particular candidate, has the campaign staff's claim been corroborated or debunked?
    The Obama team did issue and apoligy.

As far as being a non-issue, I guess it depends on what your issues are important to you and how you measure actions.

Exactly. A park, a facility etc...it falls under someone's juristdiction, and they usually will police them carefully and thoroughly. I highly doubt that the Obama campaign staffers said "hey there's a really cool place in the woods that would hold about 75,000 people, let's have a rally there. I hope there's no memorials or monuments there".

The fact that there is a memorial there says that it is in a controlled spot, I would think that the police didn't put the memorial there so that no one would see it.

I really don't care which campaign gets picked on for garbage like this, but if this is a harbinger of things to come, God help us.
    Seriously?

Someone had to sign for these things. That would be who was running the event. YOU WOULD THINK that when someone signed for them they would have looked at the placement. Maybe thought to themself...he putting a sh*tter on a memorial for fallen cops is _NOT_THE_BEST_ idea.

Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS

Of course they did, this is the year of uproar and being offended at everything. In a world full of victims, make sure that they feel victimized by the horrific actions of those nasty, unpatriotic, country hating candidates. If they don't issue an appy-polly-loggy, they'll surely denounce the actions of those staffers. And if asked to do so, they'll double dog swear on a stack of bubble gum that they'll never do it again.

Seriously?

Someone had to sign for these things. That would be who was running the event. YOU WOULD THINK that when someone signed for them they would have looked at the placement. Maybe thought to themself...he putting a sh*tter on a memorial for fallen cops is _NOT_THE_BEST_ idea.
    Seriously.

Rent yourself a park for the leftWNYbecauseofBS family picnic and tell them that you are bringing in your own crapper. My bet is that they will tell you where to put it, or not put it. Just because you are running the event, does not give you control of the venue.

It's either that or the black guy hates cops. In an idiot's world, that kind of makes sense.

Seriously.

Rent yourself a park for the leftWNYbecauseofBS family picnic and tell them that you are bringing in your own crapper. My bet is that they will tell you where to put it, or not put it. Just because you are running the event, does not give you control of the venue.

It's either that or the black guy hates cops. In an idiot's world, that kind of makes sense.
    We have a couple of public workers....Mouse...any insight.

Looking at photos from that day, if they left this in the hands of campaign staffers, there's a larger problem here. Wouldn't you think that with a candidate receiving secret service protection that a large police presence would also be seen? If that's the case, they were probably there before the throng arrived. Why not simply say something?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	obamapotty1.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	62.5 KB 
ID:	1960Click image for larger version. 

Name:	obamapotty2.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	62.6 KB 
ID:	1961

You have to admit, that scene is pretty impressive. Any wonder why any little thing brings another BIG story? If I was running the opposing political party, I'd probably have a bit of fear inside too.

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS

As far as being a non-issue, I guess it depends on what your issues are important to you and how you measure actions.
    So the placement of portable bathrooms is an issue for you? Do you seriously think any campaign is going to "conspire" to strategically locate the crapper in a place that intentionally shows disrespect towards law enforcement? C'mon, seriously? The website you cited gives no response from the Obama campaign and offers no substantial corroboration or proof that this was anything other than poor planning. There are more than enough substantial critiques to be made against his candidacy (see: AIPAC speech and his health-care platform.)

Odd how that website you gave is obsessed with with the placement of a toilet, but yet there is nothing about the gutting of Federal Law Enforcement and Community block grants. The lack of both make their jobs that much harder.

Like I said: Non-issue issue for people looking to be angry about something.
    One beautiful thing about having a government of the corporations, by the corporations, and for the corporations is that every disaster is measured in terms of economic loss. It's sort of like getting your arm sheared off in a car accident and thinking, "Damn, now it'll take longer to fold the laundry" as blood spurts from your arteries. - The Rude Pundit

Quote Originally Posted by raoul duke
    So the placement of portable bathrooms is an issue for you? Do you seriously think any campaign is going to "conspire" to strategically locate the crapper in a place that intentionally shows disrespect towards law enforcement? C'mon, seriously? The website you cited gives no response from the Obama campaign and offers no substantial corroboration or proof that this was anything other than poor planning. There are more than enough substantial critiques to be made against his candidacy (see: AIPAC speech and his health-care platform.)

Odd how that website you gave is obsessed with with the placement of a toilet, but yet there is nothing about the gutting of Federal Law Enforcement and Community block grants. The lack of both make their jobs that much harder.

Like I said: Non-issue issue for people looking to be angry about something.

There was a response from the Obama camp. Just not in this post. I left out the part of the post that said there was no comment from the Obama camp. I felt this was unfair as there was a comment. Just not when this post went to print.

To YOU this may be a non issue. To me it is not. This is just another item in a line from Obama and his wife on their mindset. I have yet to place a term on it but I simply do not like it.

I think Obama is a inexperienced and elitist leader who is an AMAZING public speaker. Some people say his inexperience is a good thing. But I do not see that. It is not as if he is coming up with game changing ideas. In fact, his ideas are rather basic. Where he succeeds is in delivering these ideas.

A example of this is in a speech Obama gave to blue collar workers. I am not sure of which one or where, I read a commentary on it. Anyways, Obama used the line that he to had credit and debt issues and not until the last couple of years was he able to dig himself out of the whole. This was told to middle class Americans who were voting for HC. What Obama did not say was his debt was from an unsuccessful campaign run that he financed.

I am not saying that JM is any better or a better choice. I find flaws in every candidate. However, the pedestal that people have put Obama on is a joke. This was not an "Obama bad vote the other guy" post. It was a post to show that Obama is not what people think he is.

Wow. You really put a lot of stock and projection much into the placement of a port-a-potty. Where a Johnny-On-The-Spot was located has NO BEARING on how he will perform as President. Your head must overheat when you consider issues, ya know, that matter.

A example of this is in a speech Obama gave to blue collar workers. I am not sure of which one or where, I read a commentary on it. Anyways, Obama used the line that he to had credit and debt issues and not until the last couple of years was he able to dig himself out of the whole. This was told to middle class Americans who were voting for HC. What Obama did not say was his debt was from an unsuccessful campaign run that he financed.
    And school loans. Plus he was telling that to a bunch of people who were going to vote for a woman who, along with her husband, has pulled down over a cool $100,000,000.00 in the last 8 years. How does your point even make sense?

I'm going to place this in the Wahington newspapers this weekend.

Wanted: Presidential Candidates. Catering and Event Planning experience a must.

We'll find one that fits the bill yet. Although, Clinton and those Rose Garden teas...does that count? She may want to rethink her Saturday decision...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information