Thread: Buffalo Announces New Recycling Program for Politicians

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Buffalo Announces New Recycling Program for Politicians

Buffalo Announces New Recycling Program for Politicians

Last week, Buffalo Mayor Byron Brown announced that Buffalo set a new monthly record in March for recycling more than 1,000 tons of material. Now, Buffalo looks to take recycling to the next level: recycling “previously used” politicians.

Former State Senator Antoine Thompson is rumored (so says WGRZ) to be considering a return to the political ring by trying to win a state Senate seat again, this time in the new 63rd district. Problem is, he might face current State Senator Tim Kennedy in the primary. Who will voters leave out on the curb?
    How could Thompson beat out the popular Kennedy in a September primary? Well, apathy would have a lot to do with it, in that low turnout could help out in Thompson’s favor. However, low turnout didn’t help him in 2010:

Read the full story

So who thinks they will find a few people to primary against Tim K and Antonie? This way they will break up the votes between each other and the City will carry Antonie?

Anyone who would even think about voting for Antoine (outside of his family, and even then it's questionable) is absolutely clueless, in my opinion. Remember the crap he pulled when he lost the last election...big crybaby who was a sore loser. I seem to remember a pay-to-play scheme as well.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Think about how wny politics work though...

Want Antonie back in? Primary him against Tim and have a few extra white people also in the primary against both tim and Antonie. Wouldn't the city minority votes all go to Antonie knocking Tim out?

Oh I agree Res...Not to start a tangent here, but we have a really bad history of minorities voting for minority candidate regardless of how bad they will/are/did get screwed.

Heaven forbid we actually formulate an opinion based on performance, actions, and platforms. The 'Vote for me because I'm a minority" slogan just doesn't cut it.

Quote Originally Posted by SafeWNY View Post
    Oh I agree Res...Not to start a tangent here, but we have a really bad history of minorities voting for minority candidate regardless of how bad they will/are/did get screwed.

Heaven forbid we actually formulate an opinion based on performance, actions, and platforms. The 'Vote for me because I'm a minority" slogan just doesn't cut it.

perfect!
    could not have stated it better
    hate those cliche's

Quote Originally Posted by SafeWNY View Post

I thought that stuff no longer mattered now that we have a post-racial nation as it was supposed to be under Barry O, you know, the nation's the first white african american president.

I think i may have to add this absurdity to my signature soon,
    "tray-vAHHHN.....was hunted Day-own, ..and keeled...lahk a raahbidd dohg...he was rayshuhlly profiled".

Yes a post-racial presidency indeed. In the currect environment, AT could likely beat TK based simply on racial divide. Sad but true.

Quote Originally Posted by wnyerlaughs View Post
    I thought that stuff no longer mattered now that we have a post-racial nation as it was supposed to be under Barry O, you know, the nation's the first white african american president.

I think i may have to add this absurdity to my signature soon,
    "tray-vAHHHN.....was hunted Day-own, ..and keeled...lahk a raahbidd dohg...he was rayshuhlly profiled".

Yes a post-racial presidency indeed. In the currect environment, AT could likely beat TK based simply on racial divide. Sad but true.
    Society is post-racial, as long as you aren't a minority who bleeds the system in one way or another.

Thread Information