Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SUWNY Members: What Are Your "Platform Issues"

Question SUWNY Members: What Are Your "Platform Issues"

Okay, I was thinking...

So all of us on here have a "stance" or a certain angle or point of view that we take on social, political, economic or other issues. We each also have very strong feelings about local causes that we believe in promoting. It's almost like each of us have a "platform."

So, even if we already have inklings as to what each member's platform issues are, why don't we each post here exactly what we define our "platform issues" to be. Oh, and no hating here, we're just doing this for informative purposes.
    I'm just here to make people laugh. And to confuse people. Oh, and to irritate people.

Obviously my "platform" issues are:

--Pro development, anti obstruction (with the exception of Wal Mart)

--Pro job growth

--Pro modernization

--Pro HUMOR, yes HUMOR. Perhaps my biggest platform issue is promoting a sense of humor in regard to the woes and foibles that WNY faces. If we can't learn to laugh at what's going on around us, then what hope do we have? I think laughing at problems gives us a lighthearted way of maybe seeing deeper into issues and therefore maybe finding solutions that we hadn't seen before.
    I'm just here to make people laugh. And to confuse people. Oh, and to irritate people.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    just less costly government... it's parasitic...

I am ashamed to say that I have no platform. My Dear Husband has NPR on ALL THE TIME and I should be listening to news, but I just can't. It seems like all I can manage to think about is working and the house and the bills and the kids and my extended family - I cannot seem to concentrate on more global issues. I love Buffalo, and that's why I am here, but I am sad to say that I do nothing to promote the area other than try to provide good values amongst my family and do well at my job.

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito
    I am ashamed to say that I have no platform. My Dear Husband has NPR on ALL THE TIME and I should be listening to news, but I just can't. It seems like all I can manage to think about is working and the house and the bills and the kids and my extended family - I cannot seem to concentrate on more global issues. I love Buffalo, and that's why I am here, but I am sad to say that I do nothing to promote the area other than try to provide good values amongst my family and do well at my job.
    I agree with everything you said, and I feel just like you too. Jobs, work, etc. I also agree that trying to be a good mother, wife and career person is the best that I can do to help the area. But my husband listens to WBEN all day

And cog, I always thought you were a guy

My only platform is to live trough the day, not seriously injure anyone, and, to wake up in the morning.

-NYS local to state government, fewer politicians, more transparency in government, more business friendly;"Invest" in tax break and other incentives to bring major corporations back to New York State

Federal government:

-More transparency in govt,

-Bring back the full balance of the three branches,

-Null and void the Patriot acts and other "power" bills

-End all torture

-Troops leave Iraq & Afghanastan,

-Pay off debt to China

-Bring back manufacturing jobs to the U.S.

-Get rid of ALL illegal aliens;They DO drain the resources we use;Its mainly Mexico's problem

-Legalize pot & prostitution

-Repair the infrastructure

-Let the "fourth estate" or journalists REALLY report again, without fear of reprisal or termination (from job AND life)

-Reinstate the draft (so the American people have a greater stake;Concern of WHY troops go to war (RD's idea)

-Cheap, efficient healthcare for all

-Develop clean, cheap energy and give the finger to the Middle East INCLUDING Israel
    (conflicts created by our deeply-rooted diplomacy with)

-FDA, FTC, all medical associations, big pharmaceuticals and all medical charities get an ENEMA and are re-tooled to serve the needs of everyone, not just those with financial stakes

-NO corporate/govt interference with stem cell research

-Greater research into "natural cures"

-NO religious interference in any way, shape or form
    with the U.S. government

-Greater restrictions on lobbyists

-Reconstruct the criminal justice system;No legit reason that the U.S. is the #1 penal system in the world

-A REAL "war on drugs" (the dangerous ones)

-Double the number of veteran's hospitals, restore programs & benefits to vets AND create new, badly needed ones

-Highly punitive fines and prison sentences for polluters, dumpers;Reform of the environmental laws

-Get rid of most of the gun laws;WAY too many, rarely enforced, make them simple, uniform by state
    and enforce them

-Thorough inspections of items coming into the U.S.
    from cargo ships

-REAL international bans on bio, chemical and nuclear weapons

-REAL reductions in nuclear stockpiles
    (isn't the ability to blow up the earth 1,000 times overdoing it a little bit?)

-Restore privacy;Surveillence only when called for

-Much less time for appeals on captial crimes

-All male pedophiles chemically or anatomically castrated
    (that or a really, really long prison sentence)

-Shorten terms for all major offices, less time to campign;Stronger campaign finance reform laws

-Much much less nepotism

-No more electronic voting booths. NONE. All hand-counted paper ballots.

And a few hundred other MAJOR reform ideas

I know.

Humanistic ideaology;Wishful thinking and hope;
    Totally unrealistic fantasy and faith in a reality which could never possibly exist

That's why I loathe religion:
    For the most part, it preaches and dictates what we
    SHOULD do to make the world a better place
    but RARELY put into practice
    its all smoke & mirrors for power & money
    like government's endless abyss of greed

Oh yeah. Nearly forgot.

MAJOR reforms on ALL religion's tax exempt status in the United States
    Coincidence is the word we use when we can't see the levers and pulleys.

Emma Bull

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfounded
    -NYS local to state government, fewer politicians, more transparency in government, more business friendly;"Invest" in tax break and other incentives to bring major corporations back to New York State

Federal government:

-More transparency in govt,

-Bring back the full balance of the three branches,

-Null and void the Patriot acts and other "power" bills

-End all torture

-Troops leave Iraq & Afghanastan,

-Pay off debt to China

-Bring back manufacturing jobs to the U.S.

-Get rid of ALL illegal aliens;They DO drain the resources we use;Its mainly Mexico's problem

-Legalize pot & prostitution

-Repair the infrastructure

-Let the "fourth estate" or journalists REALLY report again, without fear of reprisal or termination (from job AND life)

-Reinstate the draft (so the American people have a greater stake;Concern of WHY troops go to war (RD's idea)

-Cheap, efficient healthcare for all

-Develop clean, cheap energy and give the finger to the Middle East INCLUDING Israel
    (conflicts created by our deeply-rooted diplomacy with)

-FDA, FTC, all medical associations, big pharmaceuticals and all medical charities get an ENEMA and are re-tooled to serve the needs of everyone, not just those with financial stakes

-NO corporate/govt interference with stem cell research

-Greater research into "natural cures"

-NO religious interference in any way, shape or form
    with the U.S. government

-Greater restrictions on lobbyists

-Reconstruct the criminal justice system;No legit reason that the U.S. is the #1 penal system in the world

-A REAL "war on drugs" (the dangerous ones)

-Double the number of veteran's hospitals, restore programs & benefits to vets AND create new, badly needed ones

-Highly punitive fines and prison sentences for polluters, dumpers;Reform of the environmental laws

-Get rid of most of the gun laws;WAY too many, rarely enforced, make them simple, uniform by state
    and enforce them

-Thorough inspections of items coming into the U.S.
    from cargo ships

-REAL international bans on bio, chemical and nuclear weapons

-REAL reductions in nuclear stockpiles
    (isn't the ability to blow up the earth 1,000 times overdoing it a little bit?)

-Restore privacy;Surveillence only when called for

-Much less time for appeals on captial crimes

-All male pedophiles chemically or anatomically castrated
    (that or a really, really long prison sentence)

-Shorten terms for all major offices, less time to campign;Stronger campaign finance reform laws

-Much much less nepotism

-No more electronic voting booths. NONE. All hand-counted paper ballots.

And a few hundred other MAJOR reform ideas

I know.

Humanistic ideaology;Wishful thinking and hope;
    Totally unrealistic fantasy and faith in a reality which could never possibly exist

That's why I loathe religion:
    For the most part, it preaches and dictates what we
    SHOULD do to make the world a better place
    but RARELY put into practice
    its all smoke & mirrors for power & money
    like government's endless abyss of greed

Oh yeah. Nearly forgot.

MAJOR reforms on ALL religion's tax exempt status in the United States

Man!

Quote Originally Posted by therising
    My only platform is to live trough the day,
    How might one go about living "trough?"
    ...and please, let's not forget the (Click) shall we?
    Last edited by wheresthesun; May 3rd, 2008 at 03:03 PM.

Smile

1. Pro-truth (abolish religion and politics)
    2. Pro-free energy (solar, wind, hydro, Tesla Tech)
    3. Harvest our own natural resources (oil for lubrication and hydraulics, NOT for "burn")
    4. Reduce population by 50% naturally (without genocide!)
    5. Abolish the FDA, IRS, FBI, NSA, and CIA
    6. Omit [irresponsible] procreation from human rights list (no morons and imbeciles)
    7. Education privatized with #1 priority focused on common sense and truth.
    8. Immediate euthanasia for murderers, rapists, and second offense robbers.
    9. Dismantle and completely restructure welfare and prison systems.
    10. Omit global control agenda, secure domestic borders and the Moon, and develop Mars to free the principled intellects from this pathetic planet of idiots, imbeciles, and morons.

Not sure if these qualify as platform issues, but I can think of two things I'd LOVE to see happen:
    1. Educate and expose children, at very young age, to multiculturalism so that we can go one step beyond tolerance, to acceptance.
    2. Educate and expose children, also very young, to the arts as a means to expression, as an alternative to passivity, and as a bridge to connect cultures to one another.

Consolidation

Reduction of size / Cost

Campaign Contribution Reform

Quote Originally Posted by wheresthesun
    Not sure if these qualify as platform issues, but I can think of two things I'd LOVE to see happen:
    1. Educate and expose children, at very young age, to multiculturalism so that we can go one step beyond tolerance, to acceptance.
    2. Educate and expose children, also very young, to the arts as a means to expression, as an alternative to passivity, and as a bridge to connect cultures to one another.

What about educate and expose children, at a very young age, to NOT accept and tolorate what is dishonest, dysfunctional, permanently dependent, and dumbed down.

What about educate and expose children, also very young, to be weary of art [and the artist] that is expressed so phallically, the bridge connecting the cultures requires adverse amounts of passivity and the alternates are never expressed.

What about that?

Abolish all authorities at county and state levels and throw those who ran them, in jail.

Real border security. Not this smoke and mirrors crap we are being fed now.

Against anything 'for' or 'pro' amnesty/illegal aliens.

Limit the number of democrats and republicans in Congress to two(one each). Hell this might be too many!

Stop all foreign aid until this country's infrastructure/foundation is repaired completely.

Payoff all foreign debt.

Mandate 110% inspection on every single thing imported into this country is safe/free of toxic junk, etc...

'Life' prison sentences for those corporations who feel it is OK to cheat the tax system with their off shore bank accounts.

I could be here all night!

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvan
    What about educate and expose children, at a very young age, to NOT accept and tolorate what is dishonest, dysfunctional, permanently dependent, and dumbed down.

What about educate and expose children, also very young, to be weary of art [and the artist] that is expressed so phallically, the bridge connecting the cultures requires adverse amounts of passivity and the alternates are never expressed.

What about that?
    You're kidding right?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information